Gracie Gold | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Have to agree with Golden. There was a spate of commercials with Ashley Wagner in them but not so much anymore. Some of those companys bet on the wrong horse at Nationals. I think Gracie is very marketable, even if she doesn't win an Olympic medal. At her age - she's the future of US women's figure skating. Polina still needs alot of polish and some of the girls coming up the ranks are jumping beans and don't have the finesse yet. And no, I don't think Mirai is going to figure into this even if she keeps skating.

Hi, noskates. :)

I don't think marketers have forgotten Wagner by any stretch. During the Sochi Games, I have seen Wagner's Hilton ad quite often, also the Team BP ad, and I don't recall exactly what else.

I would think that Wagner's sponsors also are feeling fine at this point. She also is taking home an Olympic team medal.

(I didn't mention Wagner in my post above only b/c this thread is about Gold.)

Beauty is not a universal thing......Everyone has their own preferences. I don't know why it seems like looks/physical appearance always get brought up when talking about Gracie. Her stellar or outdated looks (depending on which side you swing), really don't make her a better or a lesser skater.

L_Canada

Rinkside
:agree::clap:
Beauty is not a universal thing......Everyone has their own preferences. I don't know why it seems like looks/physical appearance always get brought up when talking about Gracie. Her stellar or outdated looks (depending on which side you swing), really don't make her a better or a lesser skater.
Agree, I would prefer to just talk about her skating.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Congrats to Gracie for finishing 4th in her first Olympics
I have no doubt she will be a future World Champion

she will lead a new rejuvinated crop of US ladies
Polina Edmunds, Karen Chen, Amber Glenn etc. for the next quad

Scott512

Record Breaker
I like Gracie alot. Who doesn't? I think she's great and I wonder what kind of move to the top she can make with Queen Kim, Kostner and perhaps Mao retiring this year. Adelina and Yulia will likely battle it out for the new top spot in the coming years and I wonder if Gracie can cahllenge them. I think she can. I'm not sure that the Russian featherwweights who have worked and trained so hard at a young age will have the lasting power career wise the much stronger Gracie has. It will be interesting to see. One thing is for sure alot will be at stake for these girl at the upcoming world champiosnhips. Can Gracie medal? Can Yulia put her dissapointing Sochi individual event behind her? Can Adelina stay on a high and not fall off much from Sochi? And if Mao skates as I think she will will she school these kids on home ice?

redfiretrees

Rinkside
It seems like she's making famous friends. She tweeted a few hours ago that she had dinner last night with Taylor Swift. Very interesting.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It seems like she's making famous friends. She tweeted a few hours ago that she had dinner last night with Taylor Swift. Very interesting.

indeed, this should help her with her reputation and PCS ranking
I think next 4 years, its her World Gold medal to lose

redfiretrees

Rinkside
indeed, this should help her with her reputation and PCS ranking
I think next 4 years, its her World Gold medal to lose

Hahaha. :laugh: :confused:

I'm a big Gracie fan but I don't think being friends with Taylor Swift will help her skating in anyway. Just brought it up since it's nice that she's making friends with famous celebs and stuff. But I'm wondering if she's concentrating on her training since Worlds is only a couple of weeks away...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hahaha. :laugh: :confused:

I'm a big Gracie fan but I don't think being friends with Taylor Swift will help her skating in anyway. Just brought it up since it's nice that she's making friends with famous celebs and stuff. But I'm wondering if she's concentrating on her training since Worlds is only a couple of weeks away...
Frank won't let her slack off her training.

usethis2

Medalist
To be frank I think blond hair makes a skater look older. I would rather die my hair to a darker color if I were a blond skater.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
To be frank I think blond hair makes a skater look older. I would rather die my hair to a darker color if I were a blond skater.

Blonde suits Gracie, it suits her red lips , dimple and eyes, it adds to her hollywood Grace Kelly like looks
though I think a shade of blonde-golden like color would be better for her, but definitely not platinum blonde

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is pretty, in a teenage beauty queen/cheerleader sort of way. But unless her skating gets prettier, she isn't going to get the PCS she needs to become World Champion.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie is pretty, in a teenage beauty queen/cheerleader sort of way. But unless her skating gets prettier, she isn't going to get the PCS she needs to become World Champion.

she already is speed, power, huge jumps with 3lz-3t
her being a beautiful blonde attractive skater is just a bonus

R.D.

Record Breaker
You forgot Ashley, sky fly. She, um, didn't fall tonight. :slink:

Can't believe what I'm about to do here, but...

It is totally fair to omit Wagner's name from a list of "new and rejuvenated crop of US ladies"...Wagner is certainly not new on the scene! Plus, unlike the others, she's on a downward trend in the standings.

Other than that though, I immediately distance myself from anything SF is saying. :slink:

I should point out that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't even think she is all that...looks-wise...but that's just me. :think:

Gold has had the "potential" for two years now. It looks like she might finally be realizing it...but I must say, it is STILL too soon to tell how much of a force she'll be in the near future. It really depends on whether she can stay healthy and consistent. I sure hope the "old demons" don't return at Worlds...especially now that she has now established herself as the top American in the field. It is critical that she does well here...no worse than 4th or 5th, which is definitely within her capabilities. Honestly, she really should be able to win a medal here (especially with no Kim or Sotnikova). But she must hold it together to do so. She did a good job of doing so at the Olympics, fall aside (wasn't a meltdown).

Remember Nagasu at 2010 Worlds after excellent showings at Nationals & Olympics? Yeah, never forget...

Scott512

Record Breaker
she already is speed, power, huge jumps with 3lz-3t
her being a beautiful blonde attractive skater is just a bonus
True. And I think a medal is possible at worlds and that would do a world of confidence for her future. the next couple years will be big for Gracie.