Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I preferred the one of the trees at midnight and one or two of the others. I'm surprised no one used green.

Yes, I loved that he painted the branches.

I don't know why Tim was crying, but it almost made his save look like an impulsive move. I'm glad Justin is still there, though. He's very interesting. Did you see how popular he is with the others? They all rushed up to comfort him, which I'm not sure I remember seeing to quite that degree before. I know it's not probable that he'll be in the finals, but wouldn't you love to meet his family? They sounded wonderful in that Skype.

I am not a real big Tim fan so I guess I don't find him sincere. I thought Karen would go home....I think for drama sake they saved her and told Tim to use his "save." I thought it was premature save, it would have been more exciting later and used on someone like Bradon, Jeremy or even Kate.

I am with you about Justin. It seems like the other designers really respected and liked him.

louisa05

Final Flight
Having read Tim's first book which has a lot of autobiographical bits, he is extremely sincere. And he very much seems like someone with a sense of integrity that would not let him "fake" anything for the camera.

I did not like the winning outfit. The drop crotch thing is horrible no matter who does it and how. I'm just glad Kate's didn't make the top for a change. I thought it was awful. As for Justin's, Nina's vagina comment was totally inappropriate and frankly off base. That "lace" was well too the side and above the model's crotch. If Nina's is located so that that "lace" could have come out of it, she needs to have someone in the medical profession see about fixing that. And if she doesn't know where hers is, so that she thinks that is possible...well, very odd for a grown woman with children, but a medical professional may be the best help there, too.

The "bed sheet attached to a belt" should have been the losing design, IMO. I think that was Tim's opinion, too, and that was the reason for the save.

I figured that the save from Tim would come early in the season as they are likely not comfortable with him having power late when it is getting down to the top. Not to say he was made to use it, but that he was likely told he had x number of episodes to consider it.

Yeah, can you imagine if Tim had had the "save power" in Season 1? He would have saved Austin Scarlett for sure.

In addition to the pants, I thought the jacket for the winning outfit was not well shaped. I couldn't understand the judges' affection for it. And I agree that Nina's remark was inappropriate. Why would she feel that was funny? It was merely crude.

heyang

Record Breaker
Definitely didn't understand the vagina comment. However, I do think having that pouf there took away from the dress.

I think they liked the winning outfit because it was more avant garde than any of the others. While I don't care for past dropped crotch pants, I did agree with Zac Posen when he said this outfit made him like them instead of hate them. I didn't get the 'glamping', but I guess it was how she worked the denim in the pants - I would think that it would be difficult to manipulate the denim to look good in that form.

Right now I like Braden, Kate and one of the other female contestants (Can't remember her name, but she had my 2nd favorite outfit in the bowtie challenge - the striped dress.)

I love Dom. I liked her dress last night, with that interesting collar/yoke. I do hope she's in the final. If that's whom Heyang is thinking of, I love her bowtie outfit in that challenge as well.

heyang

Record Breaker
I love Dom. I liked her dress last night, with that interesting collar/yoke. I do hope she's in the final. If that's whom Heyang is thinking of, I love her bowtie outfit in that challenge as well.

Yes, I was referring to Dom. I like her - nice designs and not too much drama.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So I suppose it will be a double elimination next week?

One thing that I'm waiting to see play out-are some of the designers going to start running out of money on their debit cards-and if & when they do, I do wonder what will go on!

I notice that Tim Gunn always gives a suggested budget to help the designers plan, but I haven't been keeping track of whether anyone overspent significantly. That's an interesting thought, Doris.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I noticed that on some of the challenges, a couple of the designers were shown over-spending...but I haven't seen a running balance of their accounts...but I have been wondering whether there is drama to come.

I'm liking this season quite a lot!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I noticed that on some of the challenges, a couple of the designers were shown over-spending...but I haven't seen a running balance of their accounts...but I have been wondering whether there is drama to come.

I would think the designers know their balance, I don't remember what they called their bank but it reminds me of Paypal and your balance is always there.

I thought this was a good twist, They not only have to design but be good managers as well.

Layfan

Record Breaker
I'm enjoying this season too, mostly because the designers seem more talented than the past few seasons, as well as being interesting characters.

I see that Alexandria's look has been a bit polarizing - I loved it! Before the runway show started I didn't know who was going to win, probably on account of some good editing, but once it went down I felt sure it would be her. It was genuinely creative - unlike some of the other "creative" looks that sometimes win but that I feel are simply off the rack looks with a bit of volume thrown in. I'm with Zach and Tim - she made me like drop crotch pants! Granted, you'd have to be a model to look good in them, but that's the way it is. Good for her. I loved seeing her show how good she can be after getting bullied by Ken.

Nina called Ken's look boring. I think a better word is simply ugly.

As for Tim's save, I'm torn. A better outcome would have been for Karen to have been out. True, Justin's dress was a huge mess. But Karen's was unforgivably boring and simple. I rarely think this about even the worst designs on project runway - but I could have come up with that! The judges could easily have auf'd her. Perhaps Tim truly see in Justin more potential than Karen - I do at this point - but it's hard not to imagine that he won't want his save somewhere down the line. However, it was probably always going to feel that way no matter when he used it.

Good episode. yay.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wonder whether Tim will still be sitting in on the Runway now that he has used his "save."

louisa05

Final Flight
I wonder whether Tim will still be sitting in on the Runway now that he has used his "save."

The purpose of that seems to be that he can clue the judges in to what really went down as opposed to the tall tales the designers sometimes tell on the runway. So I doubt that changes.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Doris, Tim was sitting in for the Runway show.

At this point I am not sure which designers will make the final 3-4.

I can't say I would have chosen the winner the judges chose this week. I actually think Ken's garment was superior. Nothing really stood out to me, except that I disliked most of the shoes.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't say I would have chosen the winner the judges chose this week.

Thank you Olympia, I thought I was the only one that went...Huh??...when they chose it.

I liked Alexander's plaid pants, knowing how hard it can be working with plaids. As an aside, I think his model is absolutely beautiful!!

I thought Justin's look was more updated than the winner's.

I like Dom's dress with all the work she put into it.

Alexander's plaid pants seemed very well done, though I'm getting a bit sick of red plaid. I prefer Black Watch tartan, myself. I love that his name is the same as the poet's. I wonder whether his parents consciously gave him that first name.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, I didn't like Ken's look. I'm a bit tired of those peblum skirts or whatever they are called. It seems like a go-to when designers decide they want to do something "fashion forward" or avant-guard. I'd have put Justin in the top in instead. It wasn't perfectly made but I kept wanting to look at it. It reminded me of a character in a movie. Some sort of larger-than-life woman with a drink in her hand who comes out to greet her guests with a "yes, I'm wearing this" attitude.
I'm fine with Helen's win because of the cape. Most capes are a bad idea. I'd actually wear that cape without fearing like I looked ridiculous. And it was just head-to-toe put together with the shoes. Still, I would have maybe chosen Alexandria. The more I looked at her outfit the more I appreciated how creative you have to be to actually make something that shows off those shoes without it looking like a disaster. And kudos to her for daring to go right to them. I would have NEVER chosen them.

Whatever, though, I too was not wowed by anything this episode. The only thing I felt strongly about was Karen's. I was annoyed she wasn't on the botton. Bleh. Matchy Matchy, ill fitting and boring. Oh, and ugly. So far I have yet to enjoy anything she has designed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Was Karen's the one with the yellow shoes? That was the outfit I hated the most this week.