Three-day battles: vote for your favorites! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Three-day battles: vote for your favorites!

cinnamon

On the Ice
Takahashi’s balletic style is more busy, but beautiful in its own way.
This is because of Morozov's choreo, which was done right after these two got together again. And Daisuke was fighting not to show Morozov's flavor when he was performing.

cinnamon

On the Ice
Oh Plushyfan, don't say that! ;) My understanding is Dai is not low as a skater, he is just, um... not so tall! lol
http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...=13hser0pm&sigi=11n8b1i0a&.crumb=vWhf8c3Lfxy&

Now it says 12hrs to vote. How can we see the final result, btw?
When this one is over, maybe I would love to see another polls, say, Carmen battle: Evan 2006 vs Evgeni 2002 or Phantom battle Patrick 2010 vs Daisuke 2007! :) Any other polls do you guys would love to see? :biggrin:

Plush and Evan are tall skaters. Daisuke is not tall as a man, when he stands next to Mao though.

And is this vote only for men's skating? There are plenty of comparison in lady's too. (I say so many people using the same music.)
Oh, I would like to see Johnny and Misha's Swan.

They are two completely different skaters.
When Plushenko skates in his balletic classical style, his perfect posture makes every movement like frozen beautiful picture that radiant and it comes from inner. It looks so graceful and magnificent, especially when you watch it live.
In Sheffield 2012 one could hear “wow” breathless whisper from British audience during Plushenko’s skating. That “wow” factor like exchange electricity.
From recent skaters only Berezhnaya/Siharulidze could produce that kind of beauty on ice.
Takahashi’s balletic style is more busy, but beautiful in its own way.
It is hard to compare these two skaters, from two different planets.

In general I prefer Takahashi, but I admire both skaters and think that both approach their programs as if skating were more than just using tricks to rack up points. Dai and Evgeny are different in kind but not in degree. Both these skaters treat music as in important part of a skating program, and both know how to create beautiful lines, positions, and flow with their bodies. I'd say it was artistic maturity, but both of these skaters had "it" when they were youngsters as well. It's a joy to watch both of them. I love your metaphor of two skaters from different planets.

joeperryfan

Rinkside
What a cool project!

Thanks Mathman!

Honestly, this kind of poll is pointless. The Takahashi fans will all vote for him regardless, the Plushenko fans will vote for him regardless, and there will be too few inbetweeners to really make the poll work.

It wasn't pointless for me. I got to see a side-by-side comparison of two wonderful and very different interpretations of the same music by two skaters who really understand music. I'm sure other viewers feel the same way.

karne, you are right in a way, there was a massive flood of Japanese fans to the site, but a handful of them actually voted for Plushenko. Daisuke is far ahead though, Plush fans never woke up to the poll.

And Olympia's comment sums what my intention with these polls. Younger fans will have missed many good programs, older fans for different reasons may have too, this is a way to put programs under their radar.

Now it says 12hrs to vote. How can we see the final result, btw?
When this one is over, maybe I would love to see another polls, say, Carmen battle: Evan 2006 vs Evgeni 2002 or Phantom battle Patrick 2010 vs Daisuke 2007! :) Any other polls do you guys would love to see? :biggrin:

The time counter is a bit bonkers, sorry! I'll have to fix that. The poll ends today at 5:00 PM GMT and then you'll be able to see the final results. I also post daily updates on Twitter.

I'll definitely have more polls, ladies will follow, then pairs and ice-dance, to keep it diverse.

Thanks for all your comments and for voting too!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's hard to say. I think in terms of an SP (where I usually give the nod to the more technically ambitious/clean skater), Plushenko outskated Takahashi.

However, Takahashi's musicality and interpretation was (and is) far better compared to Plushenko, but not what Takahashi himself is entirely capable of. I remember last year a lot of his fans (including myself) criticizing him for scrapping his original SP and then replacing it with this kind of meh Moonlight Sonata.

If these were freeskates, I might have gone in Takahashi's favour (I think having a build in the music would allow for better interpretation than what he gave in his his SP).

deedee1

Record Breaker
I remember last year a lot of his fans (including myself) criticizing him for scrapping his original SP and then replacing it with this kind of meh Moonlight Sonata.

Shhhhhh, NM might be sneaking into GS Forum occasionally...;)

The time counter is a bit bonkers, sorry! I'll have to fix that. The poll ends today at 5:00 PM GMT and then you'll be able to see the final results. I also post daily updates on Twitter.

I'll definitely have more polls, ladies will follow, then pairs and ice-dance, to keep it diverse.

Thanks for all your comments and for voting too!

No sorry; not at all, joeperryfan! :) Thank you so much for all your time doing this! :yay:

Thanks, joeperryfan! Definitely thought-provoking both to watch the programs and to hear everyone's reactions. (And it was also fun.) I have always loved comparing different interpretations of the same music or (for an actor) the same drama passages. (Imagine, for example, several splendid actors reciting the same Hamlet soliloquy, or several duos portraying Elizabeth and Darcy speaking the same words from Pride and Prejudice.) It makes you think not just of the interpreters but also of the original pieces of music or text, how they are constructed, and what different angles one can view them from.

yaya124

On the Ice
The 1st battle is over:
Plushy fans where art thou?

But there's a new one:
One with ladies

I have to refine the code, there are a few problems but the vote count is doing alright, but if you find anything fishy let me know.

And you're welcome.

As a Plushenko fan I voted for him but when I asked other Plushy fans to vote, they are not really interested. I guess they are tired of this kind of comparison. Since even if Dai's votes is way higher than Plush, does it really mean that his program is way better? Sure it might be a yes in Dai's fans hearts, but never will affect the opinions from Plushenko's fans.

Plush and Dai are both great in their own ways, their styles are so different, it really depends on personal tastes.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Why can't you be a Takahashi fan and vote for Plushenko or vice versa? Why does there always have to be a clear line drawn? I'm more of a Daisuke fan, but what if I voted for Evgeni (didn't vote, too late when I saw it)? Would that make me a Daisuke-anti and a Evgeni-uber? I would hope not.

joeperryfan

Rinkside
As a Plushenko fan I voted for him but when I asked other Plushy fans to vote, they are not really interested. I guess they are tired of this kind of comparison. Since even if Dai's votes is way higher than Plush, does it really mean that his program is way better? Sure it might be a yes in Dai's fans hearts, but never will affect the opinions from Plushenko's fans.

Plush and Dai are both great in their own ways, their styles are so different, it really depends on personal tastes.

You know, for me these polls are a fun way to show the fans the music database instead of pointing to lifeless lists, lots of people are actually watching the videos which is a good thing too. I'm only sad because when I chose these two skaters in particular I was expecting the results to be more even, when only the fans on one side are voting the whole thing becomes a little sad... But I understand that at this point Plush fans are more detached from these things. And in all honesty the Japanese fans do have a special way to propagate links like crazy, God bless them!

Just for my reference, where did you ask the other fans to vote?

Moment

Final Flight
Voted for Carolina. That was just most interesting to watch. But I don't think that program brought out the best for her, and it doesn't help that most of her moves are directly from M. Bejart either.

Michelle had some different moves per usual, but the way she carried herself was more or less the same with her other 2000s LPs.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
You prefer prelude to a faun/Mozart better?