Florent Amodio | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Florent Amodio

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wow...you know, I kind of had a feeling this was coming after so many poor results. And when I saw him at Skate America, he seemed already resigned. Sad it has to end this way, but he really seems much better suited for show skating.

The French men are in quite a sorry state, unfortunately. They have talent, but not the competitive fire Brian had.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Amodio "I will end my career in 2 months"
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/pat...ois-19-11-2015-5293197.php#xtor=AD-1481423553
He will stop after the Europeans. In order to prepare the competitions, Amodio will work with Nikolai Morozov in New Jersey. They were reconciled :confused:

I can understand why he wants to finish his skating career at Euros, not Worlds.
He wants to be a journalist after that. I'll cheer him for his future but..in my selfish reason, I want to see him vow at Worlds in Boston.:hopelessness:

Pika

Final Flight
I have waited this news for a long time, not that I wanted it but it was predictable... I will miss Florent.... So sad this great potential will never reach is maximum... :cry:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Those news are not surprising. I've never been a fan of Florent, but after starting badly for the 3rd season in a row... Poor guy, I felt sorry for him. I thought he'd maybe take a year off to re-work everything, tho. But if he decided to stop after Euros, then maybe it's for the best.
Him going back to Morozov is surprising, but maybe they had a long talk and managed to recouncile? I don't know. What's important is that he can end on a positive note at Euros. Which doesn't necesseraly mean to medal, but just to be satisfied with his performances.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am actually really sad and disappointed by this news. I'm not a big fan of this year's programs but in general among the men he has consistently been one of the ones I've gotten the most pure enjoyment from watching.

Best of luck to him going forward.

Tallorder

On the Ice
The past several seasons it has been quite difficult and sad to see him struggling. Such an enigmatic and gifted performer. Wishing him nothing but the best as he moves on beyond competitive skating.

glam

On the Ice
WOW, I'm surprised that he'll work with Morozov. Their separation obviously screwed Amodio's career. Maybe Amodio had to return to him in order to achieve a some kind of piece with himself. Amodio is a very talented and entertaining skater, he'll be missed in competitions! :(

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another entertaining performer lost to quadmania:( So sad, if only he could have concentrated on his other jumps. Meilleurs voeux, Florent!

uhh

Medalist
I'm so sad about this. He's been my favourite skater for years, and I thought that with last year's SP and this season's FS he was starting to recapture some of the artistry that got a bit lost with Morozov & in the trouble of his Olympic year. And he'd managed to get back into the top 10 at Worlds, it's such a shame! But he's not really been injury free since 2013, and the his coaching situation has been very difficult, so I'm not surprised this has happened. I'm glad he's made it up with Morozov (I would never forgive a coach that did what he did, but maybe Flo is a better person than I can be...), and I really hope he can have performances he can be proud of at Nationals & Euros.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Noooooo I just saw the news..... :sad14: Another amazing talent who unfortunately just couldn't get it all together at the right time. Jumps aside, his showmanship is top notch, and he should really continue pro skating.

I want him to end his competitive career with a Euro medal or World Medal.....:sad4:

Catlau

On the Ice
Noooooo I just saw the news..... :sad14: Another amazing talent who unfortunately just couldn't get it all together at the right time. Jumps aside, his showmanship is top notch, and he should really continue pro skating.

I want him to end his competitive career with a Euro medal or World Medal.....:sad4:

You are right, shiroKJ, we will miss the great showman. :sad46:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
French nationals :
* SP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QtBtzqoIgs
* FS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXdAjzCg_w
Florent changed his FS.
Choregraphy is beautiful as usual :hap10: but not the jumps :sad46:
Such a pity. His SP seems like nothing special to me, but I really liked his original FS this season. It was beautiful indeed. The "new" one is quite bland by his standards. Actully, it looks like one of his old free programs, just with some little changes. I can't hear the music right now, so I am not sure, but I think it is an old program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it is one of his old FS.

I am very sad that he has announced his retirement. He has been one of my favourites for a long time. Always hoped he would fulfill his potential. I wish him the best at Euros!
Such a pity. His SP seems like nothing special to me, but I really liked his original FS this season. It was beautiful indeed. The "new" one is quite bland by his standards. Actully, it looks like one of his old free programs, just with some little changes. I can't hear the music right now, so I am not sure, but I think it is an old program.