-Worried about bad shoulder pain | Golden Skate

-Worried about bad shoulder pain

Johar

Medalist
For a few months the right side of the neck and shoulder blades have felt sore. Then the shoulder has become ouchier at times but only when I press on the shoulders or move in a weird way. Today I was dog walking and the dog lunged for something in the brush. Shoulder didn't feel real good afterward but not painful.

Tonight when I was lap swimming I got really bad shoulder pain, a 7/10 on pain scale. After awhile it quit, but I also cut the swim short because of the pain. I don't know if it would've come back had I continued swimming laps.

I don't do exercises or activities that would make me prone to shoulder overuse.. The pain started this spring, long before I started swimming. I am worried about shoulder surgery because neighbor had it and had to have each shoulder redone after the first surgery failed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Maybe get it looked at? It could be a pinched nerve of some sort, or something else entirely, rather than shoulder damage. Once you have a good diagnosis, then you can decide what you want to do about it.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johar, I think Doris gave you some really good advice. There could be lots of other things than what you're thinking and could be a simple fix...you just need to find out.

Johar

Medalist
I do plan on seeing a doctor

Went dog walking today and no pain. Went boat rowing on the lake today and no pain. Haven't gone swimming, though.

Good luck, Johar. Unexplained symptoms are no fun. If you don't know what's wrong, it's hard to avoid actions that might worsen the situation. (I went through something like that recently.) Hope you find out, and hope it's nothing serious.

Johar

Medalist
Went swimming tonight and no pain. Of course I didn't swim far down the shore of the lake....Just in case.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I also agree you should probably see someone about it. That said, you might try googling your symptoms just to see what comes up. There may be some mild exercises you could try that would help.

When I bought my house, 5 years ago, I started having shoulder pain. It was bad enough to wake me up at night. I listed the symptoms on google (I was in a new town with no doctor at the time). The first thing that came up on google fit me to a tee. Turns out my yard work and my age were working against me. I did the set of exercises that were recommended and my shoulder got better. I still do the exercises occasionally and my shoulder doesn't bother me.

I hope you can find something simple that helps.

heyang

Record Breaker
Do you sleep on your side? Work on a computer a lot, especially a laptop? I do both and I find that my shoulders are constantly hunched forward. I have to remember to stretch them backwards every so often and have been trying to sleep more on my back with a flat pillow (as suggested by accupuncurist.) I find that if sleep on my back and avoid tinkering on the computer in the evenings, that my shoulder strain lessens.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I found that some terrible leg pain from plantar fascitis was easily fixed by the correct shoes :slink: