List of participants JGP II Mexico 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

List of participants JGP II Mexico 2013

Country
Russia
Kayumova is a non factor, she has inconsistent jumps and they are not of good quality that can get zero to negative goes, she can get low pcs too.

Ogoreltseva if she can land her jumps and 3lo-3lo has a better chance
Girl who lands 7 triples in FS (repeating 3Lz and 3F) plus two 2A, can not be "non factor" in Junior competitions.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
HIWATASHI landed at US Championships only 3S and 3T of triples. It is normal for his age (2000), but gives him no real chance at JGP.

Alexei GENIA (17 Sep 1999) being about same age has 3Lz+3T and on results of 2012/2013 season is about the same level as Lazukin (he won Lazukin several times at season, Lazukin also won Genia).
So if mentioning Lazukin it is good to mention Genia also.

Lazukin has already competed in the JGP last season and finished 7th; Genia is making his JGP debut. With some improvement, Lazukin could be a contender. Genia may have done well in Russian competition, but he is an unknown factor internationally.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I also love Brooklee :) even thought she doesn't have all the triples. She is a joy to watch. I really loved her Ave Maria last season!!

Ahhh shes a pleasure to watch!! Her sp from words still on of my fav programs of the season, and her layback is georgeous!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Order of skate is up and I noticed there is now only 7 dance teams. One of the Canadian teams are missing.

Kind of ridiculous. I know that # of competitors is one of the tie breakers, but it's one of the last few. Considering how it easily skews the points if there are less competitors (e.g. 7 teams total means just under 43! percent will get medals and ALL 7 teams gain points), it maybe should be given more consideration.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look at the withdrawals:

Christine SMITH / Simon EISENBAUER AUT
Oliya CLARKSON / Aaron CHAPPLAIN GRN
Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO RUS
Cagla DEMIRSAL / Berk AKALIN TUR
Katie DESVEAUX / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS CAN

The Austrians and the Grenadans would have been at the bottom of the standings, the Turks and the Canadians, in the middle. Only the Russian team might have finished in the top 4.

I don't see any point "skewing". The medal contenders are the same as they were before the withdrawals. So the only upshot of these withdrawals is that some of teams 5-7 will get more points than they would have received if the withdrawals had not occurred, and ISU ranking points, too. But for most of them, all it will mean is a spot at the bottom of the World Rankings. After all, it isn't the fault of those teams that other teams dropped out.