Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here are the pairs live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIwmM_4poM There is also the Ladies SP archived.

Is it just me, or has everybody else had a frozen picture of a zamboni for the past 10 minutes?

Refreshing hasn't helped jolt it back into life

Doesn't really matter, as Eurosport are coming back on at quarter to. But, they won't be showing the warm-up. And I like watching the warm-up.

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pair Skate SP

Group 1

So Hyan Pak / Nam I Song 42.53

Veronica Griogerieva / Aritz Maestu 33.74

Olga Bestandigova / Ilhan Mansiz 33.14

Ok guys this is a story. Ilhan is a former turkish football national player and Olga the ice princess a former Olympian. Both characters as different they might be have met at the turkish version of "dancing on ice" and decided that they should skate together and go to Sochi 2014.
Ilhan started practice in 2010, at the age of 35! I dont know what you guys intend on doing when you are 35, but maybe it is a good idea to just start with skating and try to go to Olympia 2018? ;) Maybe there are 2 lonely souls at the forum that would like to try it out?
I have to say that I am absolutely impressed with how far they got in their figure skating dream. He skates like a football player for sure, but I still cheered for every element they could put on the ice today. I love personality among people, people that have a goal and just go for it. It shows character and this is what matters in life. If you have a goal then just go for it, thats all what matters.
I wish they would qualify, really I do! If they dont then they still deserve every piece of respect that I can offer at this point. Really awesome you two, you are an inspiration for everyone out there! And before a few more tears roll down my chin, I will move to the second group.

Group 2

Lindsay Davis / Rockne Brubaker 54.04

I really like that pair, they look very nice together. They had a lovely switch in tempo / music during their program and then they made a little party, very enjoyable. The start was very clean, sadly they also had a big error when she couldnt land the jump after his throw.

Natalja Zabijako / Alexandr Zaboev 45.08

I absolutely love Natalja she so reminds me of Vera Besanova, I must admit it is hard to take your eyes of her. She is quite a character to be honest, she slapped him at the start of their program, but I believe there isnt 1 men in this wohle Ice Arena that wouldnt love to be at his position in that case. Their routine sadly had a few errors, but I was still totally seduced during the whole 2 minutes and 40. Looking forward to the LP!

Andrea Davidovich / Evgeni Krasnopolski 40.83

A crucial error during the death spiral and the lift, I am so happy that they got through without any injuries really. You know my heart stops for a second if that happens, you can pick up so bad injuries there - pair skating is risky business. I liked that they kept smiling, great attitude and spirit and tomorrow is another day.

Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer 45.69

I said it before, but those first round about 20 seconds are so magikal! Loved their outfits, black and white - worked really well.

Group 3

Elizaveta Usmantseva / Roman Talan 47.50

Roman seemed to be somewhere else I dont know... still the programm was really enjoyable. They are a nice pair!

Natasha Purich / Mervin Tran 56.71

During the no touch Mervin had a small error but covered it up with a smile. They had one really high throw and a very solid programm. Was very enjoyable to watch, I like Canadian pairs they always seem to work well with each other.

Narumi Takahashi / Ryuichi Kihara 49.42

I absolutely loved their outfits, red & black works so awesome together. Their programm was supported by a very calm and soft melody, really charming!

Ronja Roll / Gustav Forsgren 38.80

You know how I love that couple dont you? I wanted them to get so many more points, but the judges didnt agree with me. I guess that happens if you sit at the other side of the Ice, you become tougher in your decisions. In general they are a very warm pair, like in a love story. Today they were skating really cold, which I dont mean in a bad way. The atmosphere was just a lot cooler this time, I think you call that Tango! Was a new site of them and I didnt mind it. Keep it going guys!

Group 4

Wende Family 61.00

Aww that was such a lovely programm! I absolutely loved it how he always presents his wife at the death spiral to the audience. It is like he wants us all to know that this is his wife! He seems to be a very proud husband and that is what you should be in a relationship, proud of your partner.
Maylin and Daniel received some baby socks from the crowd, so maybe they now start working on a baby? But better not now, maybe after Olympia - even though a baby does take about 8-9 months *laughs*
Needles to say the programm was very solid, lovely no touch sequence - you really see they are in love. I believe Daniel touched the ice once after their jump, but did I just say that loud?

Stacey Kemp / David King 51.33

Aww, they struggled a bit today unfortunately! Lets hope for a better LP.

Maria Paliakova / Nikita Bochkov 40.31

They definately improved compared to the practice sessions where they really struggled a lot. It was not a clean programm but besides one bigger error ok. He also looked more stable today, so I didnt had to worry too much about Maria :p

Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleave 56.76

I didnt see big errors there.

Group 5

Magdalena Klatka / Radoslaw Chruscinski 43.65

First of all, I absolutely loved their choreo if it comes to being in sync. At their solo jumps she really struggled, she didnt really get any hight... You can say that their programm is slower than others, that it is not so spectacular and more relaxed / layed back (even though I am sure its alot of work for them both), nevertheless did I really enjoy it. Its not all about jumps, spins and fast SS - at least in my opinion.

Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov 81.65

Is that perfectionism? Can you do better? From the first expression until the last element, everything fully choreographed and in sync.
They were playing a masquerade game, he looked so awesome in the face - he was really fully into that role. Their throws very high - breathtaking! I saw one small hick up, but besides that I felt that this was really awesome in every possoble way. I think that this is going to be a really nice battle at Sochi, I hope all pairs stay healthy and can compete at their best level.

Elizaveta Makarova / Leri Kenchadze 41.30

I think that it must be incredible hard if you must skate after Tatiana and Maxim. They both can do better and I hope they will do in the LP.

Annabelle Prölss / Ruben Blommaert 55.24

Loved the lift, 1 handed! They came third in the TE´s, they might deserve a bit more in PC´s, but I told you already about sitting at the other side of the ice. Overall a very good place (5th) and they really have potential in my eyes if they can keep skating together. If you want to know more about them they do have a website www.annabelle-ruben.com I heard she loves to bake, maybe they will invite you over to some "Schwarzwälder Kirsch" *laughs*

That concludes the SP of the Pairs, next Ice Dance!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
ISU on youtube working fairly well with some freezes probably caused at the source since when it happens it seems all of us have the same issue. I'm in the USA right now but watching through a VPN set to the UK server. USA viewers might try going through a proxy server outside the USA, but might not work smoothly. Go to http://www.proxy4free.com/list/webproxy1.html and sort for something with a high rating, probably Europe-based for best speed. If the ISU channel is working in Canada, try a server there also.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN (UKR)

Music: A Fistful of Dollars (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone

She's in red sparkly top with big side cut-outs, black skirt. He's in all black, sparkly top.

3T - he has hand down, she maybe twofooted and borderline UR
3Tw
3FTh - hard fall
Li
BiDs
StSq
PCoSp

Ambitious technical elements, boring presentation.

SP: 27.84 + 20.66 - 1.00 = 47.50, 2nd (out of 8)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN (CAN)

stream froze, I missed them completely :-(

SP: 31.79 + 24.92 - 56.71, 1st (out of 9)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)

Music: Samson and Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens

She's in a red dress, he's in all black. Both with silvery ornaments.

Stream still freezing :scowl:

Replay showed sbs 3S (she hangs on), 2Tw, Li (basic), 3STh (twofooted), BiDs

SP: 27.39+22.03=49.42, 3rd (out of 10)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ronja ROLL / Gustav FORSGREN (SWE)

Music: Moulin Rouge (soundtrack)

She's in black dress with red skirt, rose in hair. He's in all black

3STh - low, stepout
2Tw
Li
StSq
BiDs

Stream keeps freezing

Replay showed sbs 2Lz, 2Tw, Li (slight struggle), PCoSp, BiDs

SP: 22.07+16.73=38.80, in 9th (out of 11)

swurvestar

Rinkside
I'm watching the ISU stream and I clearly heard Mervin say very loudly to Narumi "Good Luck".
I think that's very good sportsmanship, not that I ever thought he didn't have any, but wow.
Plus, I really like Mervin and Natasha's SP, obviously it looks like she's playing catchup a bit, but still great.
Despite being myself being American, I much prefer the Canadian pair to ours, oh well.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I'm watching the ISU stream and I clearly heard Mervin say very loudly to Narumi "Good Luck".
I think that's very good sportsmanship, not that I ever thought he didn't have any, but wow.

Plus, I really like Mervin and Natasha's SP, obviously it looks like she's playing catchup a bit, but still great.
Despite being myself being American, I much prefer the Canadian pair to ours, oh well.

:thumbsup: ITA! I too would prefer Canadian pairs. ;)

IleK

On the Ice
I am not at all informed about the pairs. Which pairs must qualify (I know about the japan pair)? And how many spots are available?
I really liked Mervin and Natasha, they look better than in their first appearence this season. It means it is really working for the two of them together.
Narumi and Ryuichi were nice too but Narumi's weakness shows up again. And I like the fact they are coached by Jason.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE (GER)

Music: November Rain performed by David Garrett

She's got dark brown har now. She's in sparkly long-sleeved, openback grey dress. He's in grey shirt, black pants.

2Tw - nice height, entry
3T - he's hand down
Li
3FTh - solid
StSq
BiDs - quite nice and fast
PCoSp

Very solid skate, one small mistake. Much more "pairness" compared to the earlier couples

SP: 35.09 + 25.91 = 61.00 (PB), in 1st (out of 12)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stacey KEMP / David KING (GBR)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 1 by Petr I. Tchaikovski

She's in pink dress. He's in black pants, grey vest, pink shirt.

3Tw - bit low and crooked
2A - she hung on, looked <, borderline <<
Li
3FTh - low, but clean
BiDs
PCoSp
StSq

Quite solid skate, but those sbs going to cost again

SP: 28.67+22.66 = 51.33 (PB), 4th (out of 13)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR)

Music: Russian Dance by Petr I. Tchaikovski

She's in white, black and red "russian folk" dress. He's in black pants, white shirt w/ green embroidery

3LoTh - high, but stepout
3T - she stepout, he hangs on
3Tw
BiDs
Li
StSq
PCoSp - he puts both feet down (prob. 0 point)

No fall, but some costly mistakes

SP: 21.40+18.91=40.31 (PB), 11th (out of 14)

swurvestar

Rinkside
Anyone notice that the girl from Belarus has a hair thing that doesn't match her costume? It's so distracting to me.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER)

Music: Where the Light Gets In by Sennen

She's in red "shredded" dress. He's in black w/ red right sleeve.

3Tw - solid height
3T - he doubles, twofooted, has hand down
3STh
PCoSp
Li - slight hesitation
StSq
BiDs

SP: 31.39+25.31=56.70 (PB), 3rd (out of 15)