Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

ice coverage

Record Breaker
We see two Men from Finland and two from Israel http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028003.htm
Don't they qualify to Olympics?

I beleve may be exceptions.

Places 7, 8 (of that who pretend to Olympics spot) etc also have some sense.
If any federation can't use its place (for example, best skater of federation has injury, others have not minimum technical score) - this place is given to next in Nebelhorn (7th, 8th and so on).

Adding to the comments from AlexRus (thank you :)), today's lengthy Nebelhorn preview from IN says:

- Countries with a second entry must designate which skater's result will count as the Olympic qualifier. (Israel and Finland both have two men entered.)

- If a skating federation qualified an Olympic entry at the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario, and does not use that spot in Sochi, the next country from the Nebelhorn qualifying result gets it. (Most notably, if Isabella Tobias does not secure Lithuanian citizenship in time for the Olympics, she and partner Deividas Stagniunas' ice dance spot will likely be awarded to the country thats owns the sixth-best ice dance result in Nebelhorn qualification.)

Source:
Olympic spots up for grabs at Nebelhorn Trophy
Ando returns to competition; Davis, Brubaker make international debut

Posted 9/24/13 by Klaus-Reinhold Kany, special to icenetwork
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/24/61578628

Although the IN article is not clear, I'm guessing that it means that Israel and Finland must designate in advance which skater's result will count as the Olympic qualifier??

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have been here since last Friday enjoying the scenery, weather, and the Alp cheese. I have not been to the arena yet to see what the opening hours are for spectators but I assume that I will be spending all day at the rink. I am an old man with a white beard and mustache and will be wearing a gold-yellow baseball cap that says Golden Skate on it in blue letters. I would love to meet some other Golden Skaters so, if anyone sees me, please come up and introduce yourself. I expect my wife and I will be spending most of our time in the top row of seats so we can rest our backs against the wall.

I will be looking for you on Friday, SaraM, and would be happy to help you root for Anna Line.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thank you for the news. Please write more if you can. I 'am already counting the hours until it begins. I'am happy beacuse it seems that Europsort Romania will broadcast the whole competition and the Gala but I'am still afraid they will change their mind on the last second and I will see snooker instead. Anyway, if we are lucky and have it all, I will post a link with our channel on line.

Will do :)

Just watching the practice of the men, group 1 is past, now on group 2. Your skater Zoltan currently on the ice, he is a very funny guy :D

Group 3 is through:

On the Ice were, Justus Strid from Denmark, Pavel Ignatenko from Belarus and Stephane Walkers from Switzerland.

Stephane was the only skater that did run the full program, I always like it if Skaters do that. ) Interesting about him is that he is also his own Choreographer together with Emanual Accard and I liked the final result.

Group 4 is through:

On the Ice were, Hyon Choe PRK, Brendan Kerry Aus, Alexei Bychenko, Stanislav Sahmohn both ISR, Ondrej Spiegl Swe, Michael Christian Martinez Phillippines - 6 skaters and a premier this morning!

We are now also slowly moving into the higher categories if it comes to landing jumps and adding that third or forth rotation. Looks like the skaters are now awake :D

I liked Michael´s Programm, if you consider that he started quite late at the age of 9.

2 more groups to go.

Group 5 is through:

On the Ice were, Fabrizio Carrilllo Mexiko, Bela Sapp and Valtter Virtanen both Finland, Matthew Parr GB, Paul Bonifacio Parkinson Italy and Luiz Manella from Brazil.

Some interesting debates between Valtter and his coach during the session, Matthew skated his LP to who wants to live forever - I know Siggie Heinrich (ES Commentator in Germany) doesnt like those slow "skate -sound tracks", but to me its a wonderful music to skate to - Paul seems to agree there as he had the same music in his LP featured in a Queen Medley. I liked his finish with "We are the champions", but to be a Champion he must also stand his jumps then, which sadly wasnt the case during practice.

Group 6 just finishing up

On the Ice are Jeremy Ten Canada, last years winner Nobunari Oda from Japan, Jason Brown USA and Artur Dimitriev from Russia.

The Japanese seems to be the favorite to me he did really rock the crowd last year and he seems to be in good shape again, but also Jason Brown should be considered - he did run the whole LP programm and it looks really solid, plus he has a good flexibility. Not much to say about Artur as he wanted to do something totally different and only did some jumps and his step sequence which I really enjoyed though. In general Russians have a talent for those things, Adelina last year was fantastic as well.

That concludes the practice session for the men this morning :)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I have been here since last Friday enjoying the scenery, weather, and the Alp cheese. I have not been to the arena yet to see what the opening hours are for spectators but I assume that I will be spending all day at the rink. I am an old man with a white beard and mustache and will be wearing a gold-yellow baseball cap that says Golden Skate on it in blue letters. I would love to meet some other Golden Skaters so, if anyone sees me, please come up and introduce yourself. I expect my wife and I will be spending most of our time in the top row of seats so we can rest our backs against the wall.

I will be looking for you on Friday, SaraM, and would be happy to help you root for Anna Line.
Unfortunately i didt make it to oberstdorf, since i am going to teb in november my budget didt allow me to make it to nebelhorn as well.. :/ hope you will enjoy your time there and any uppdates specialy on anne line will be very much appreciated!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the recap, Alex!

What did you think of Brendan Kerry? How did he look? You hint at four revolutions - did he warm up the quad?

Finnstep

Final Flight
Pairs SP starting order

Warm-Up Group 1
1 So Hyang PAK / Nam I SONG PRK
2 Veronica GRIGORIEVA / Aritz MAESTU ESP
3 Olga BESTANDIGOVA / Ilhan MANSIZ TUR

Warm-Up Group 2
4 Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER USA
5 Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV EST
6 Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR
7 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT

Warm-Up Group 3
8 Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN UKR
9 Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN CAN
10 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN
11 Ronja ROLL / Gustav FORSGREN SWE

Warm-Up Group 4
12 Maylin WENDE / Daniel WENDE GER
13 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR
14 Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV BLR
15 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER

Warm-Up Group 5
16 Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI POL
17 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
18 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL
19 Annabelle PRÖLSS / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER

http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2013/SEG005.HTM

Finnstep

Final Flight
Ladies SP starting order

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Sandra RISTIVOJEVIC SRB
2 Danielle MONTALBANO ISR
3 Isabella SCHUSTER-VELISSARIOU GRE
4 Miki ANDO JPN
5 Anna AFONKINA BUL

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Veronik MALLET CAN
7 Chelsea Rose CHIAPPA HUN
8 Clara PETERS IRL
9 Michelle COUWENBERG NED
10 Crystal KIANG TPE
11 Inga JANULEVICIUTE LTU

Warm-Up Group 3
12 Alina FJODOROVA LAT
13 Ami PAREKH IND
14 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE
15 Sabina MARIUTA ROU
16 Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI
17 Birce ATABEY TUR

Warm-Up Group 4
18 Juulia TURKKILA FIN
19 Tina STUERZINGER SUI
20 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
21 Ashley CAIN USA
22 Reyna HAMUI MEX
23 Lejeanne MARAIS RSA

Warm-Up Group 5
24 Fleur MAXWELL LUX
25 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER
26 Brooklee HAN AUS
27 Anita MADSEN DEN
28 Dasa GRM SLO
29 Kerstin FRANK AUT

Warm-Up Group 6
30 Elena RADIONOVA RUS
31 Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO
32 Kaat VAN DAELE BEL
33 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP
34 Elena GLEBOVA EST
35 Isadora WILLIAMS BRA

http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2013/SEG003.HTM

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brooklee in the 2nd-last warmup group! *makes note*

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Some bits from @LynnRutherford's reporting on Nebelhorn:

More KKany: Italian Valter Rizzo coaches Miki Ando at Nebelhorn. Not a permanent arrangement; she has no permanent coach yet. #Nebelhorn13

KKany: Coach Chait says Allison Reed will not gain citizenship in time for Sochi so Israeli dancers not competing for Oly spot #Nebelhorn13

Thx, paircheck. For easy reference, I have added the link to post #1 on Page 1 of this thread.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Practice Session ladies

Group 1

On the Ice were Birca Atabey Turkey, Anne Line Gjersem Norway (missing), Dasa Grin Slovenia, Crystal Kianf Chinese Taipei, Kerstin Frank Austria and Alysson Krystie Perticheto from the Phillipnes

Kerstin as usual fighting with her nerves, but she also seems to have crashed lately, some injuries on her body :( Anna Line is not at the practice, sorry Sara! Dasa has a nice way of skating, I really like to watch her - but she struggles with the jumps.

Group 2

On the Ice were Kaat van Daele Belgium, Elizaveta Ukolova from Ceska, Chelsea Rose Chiappa from Hungary, Reyna Hamui from Mexico Sandra Ristivojevic from Serbia (missing) and last but not least Tina Sturzinger from Austria.

First of all I love the smile of Chelsea so nice to watch! There are not many skaters that can keep a smile on their lips, especially if programms dont go that well. She is competing for Hungary now, but was originally born in the United States and does skate to Somewhere in Time and it was a really touching program, that could had go on forever if you ask me :)

Also to note was Reyna, I watch her compete now since a while and she has worked hard on her body during off season, if she could just let go a bit more Mexicans have a wild temper dont they, let it out girl!

Group 3

On the ice were, Anna Afonkina Bulgaria, Anita Madsen Denmark, Isabella Schuster from Greece, Clara Peters from Irland, Michelle Couwenberg Netherlands and from Spain Sonja Lafuente.

I dont know why but whenever I see Anita I must think about Carmen, she has something that I just find fascinating.

I also liked the programm of Michelle, she really seemed to enjoy herself on the Ice. Sonja did also practiced the FS, her programm had something but she seemed to skate in her own world.

Group 4 with Ando and Juulia shortly, its a bit more to write ;)

Group 4

On the Ice were, Miki Ando Japan, Fleur Maxwell Luxemburg, Juulia Turkkila Finland, Brookly Han Australia, Ami Parekh India and Danielle Montalbano from Israel.

I am sure you all want to know how Miki did. First of all she looks in great shape, she practiced some of her triples they looked fine. As for the rest, well Miki didnt like to share that with us yet.
Juulia did land a few Triple - Triple and worked a lot on her jumps like the Axel, but also on the openings. Her Coach stood next to me and as far my finnish goes, she seems ok with the pressure, but its not going to be easy for sure. A lot of weight on her small shoulders.

Brookly did run her whole routine, besides a few landings it looked pretty solid. I think Fleur would prefer FS without jumps, it didnt go that well for her sadly.

Group 5

Group 5

On the Ice were, Nathalie Weinzierl Germany, Veronik Mallez Canada, Elena Glebova Estonia, Elena Radionova Russia and last but no least Ashley Cain from the USA.

We have a winner! The best dress of the day goes to Ashley, she did rock that dress - so much bling bling :). What I also liked was her music selection of the SP - I said earlier I like the quiet stuff, but I also like the stuff that goes more forward and it fits her personality well I think.

I was really looking forward to Elena Radionova the winner of the last years juniors and she definately was worth the watch. There is a lot of talent in that girl, she did run the full routine including triple - triple, I liked the final minute of her LP most, she seems to feel likewise - at least she had a big smile on her face at that part. She is quite an entertainer I would say, I would highly recommend her Exhibition Skate from Milan, totally worth it.

Group 6

On the Ice were, former American Isadora Williams for Brasil, Elene Gedevanishvilli Georgia, Alina Fjordorova Latvia, Inga Januleviciute Lituania, Sabina Mariuta Romania and from South Africa Lejeanne Marais.

Isadora looks a lot more stable to me this year, but I am not sure if she will get that spot for the Olympics, I believe you need that 3-3 and / or a very solid performance in SP and LP. Same situation with Elene, it will be tough. Someone who most likely wont qualify is Lejeanne but I really like her programs - she does skate what she can and I always support such skaters!
Another skater I like is Inga, she tried the triple - triple and has a nice attitude on the ice. Always root for the underdogs guys! :D

This concluded the practice session of the Ladies today, more tomorrow around 6 AM.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks for the recap, Alex!

What did you think of Brendan Kerry? How did he look? You hint at four revolutions - did he warm up the quad?

He was a mixed back to me, I didnt see the quad in his routine, but I also didnt focus on him the whole time - will have a closer look next time :)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
hmmm... not a good sign that anne line didnt show up for practice... im gonna ask her twin sister about it (she used to be my skating coach) but anyway thank you for updates Alex!! :)
Just talked with Camilla, and Anne Line apparently left for oberstdorf today and has not arrived yet... so no practice for her. but she trains a lot in oberstdorf and at that rink so she said it wouldnt be a problem...

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
i dont get it both eurosport and IN will start to send the competition 3 hours after the ladies short have started! which means only the last two groups, how will we then see miki live shes skating early? Shouldt IN send the ENTIRE competition since were paying for it?!

Dramahkween

On the Ice
You'd think that since we have to pay for a season pass, they'd have the decency to stream the entire competition. Just ridiculous...Especially with all of the Olympic implications this year!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pairs SP starting order

Warm-Up Group 3
8 Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN UKR
9 Natasha PURICH / Mervin TRAN CAN
10 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN
11 Ronja ROLL / Gustav FORSGREN SWE
http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2013/SEG005.HTM

Thx, Finnstep.
Purich/Tran are followed immediately by Takahashi/Kihara, I see. :eek: :popcorn:
Although I hope that the Japanese will qualify for Sochi, I'm cheering esp. for Tran.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Short Dance starting order

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Gabriela KUBOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE
2 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV ISR
3 Kira GEIL / Tobias EISENBAUER AUT
4 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Peter GERBER POL

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR HUN
6 Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX
7 Angelina TELEGINA / Otar JAPARIDZE GEO
8 Lesia VOLODENKOVA / Vitali VAKUNOV BLR

Warm-Up Group 3
9 Henna LINDHOLM / Ossi KANERVO FIN
10 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK
11 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI
12 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS

Warm-Up Group 4
13 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP
14 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN
15 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN
16 Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN UKR
17 Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER

Warm-Up Group 5
18 Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND EST
19 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN AUS
20 Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR
21 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA
22 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN

http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2013/SEG007.HTM

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
You'd think that since we have to pay for a season pass, they'd have the decency to stream the entire competition. Just ridiculous...Especially with all of the Olympic implications this year!

Excatly!! So again i wont be able to watch miki live anywhere???

Dramahkween

On the Ice
Excatly!! So again i wont be able to watch miki live anywhere???

It doesn't look like it...I'm still searching around for alternatives. I feel like in the past few years I've been able to watch the ENTIRE event. Am I wrong?