Artur Gachinski | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur PCS were rightfully low. Most of the skaters at this competition are better at all areas of PCS (SS, IN, PE, TR, CH). Honestly he was the worse out of all the men IMHO. He skated slow, had practically no transitions (nothing going on with his feet/program was so empty so low TR), there wasn't any interpretation (pain meds?), he seem like he wasn't even there (he just didn't perform/low PE). I was so bored during his program that I just wanted it all to be over. All the other guys were immensely more entertaining even if they did missed their jumps they kept performing, Majorov included. I would put all those guys ahead on IN and PE. His skating skills are only above Aaron and Majorov, nobody else should his SS be higher than. Even then, Max is way faster so i'll say they are about even on SS. Maybe CH over Max and Alexander but that's it.

To me he basically skated as if he had no confidence. Skated as if somebody kicked his puppy, he just looked sad. And I hate the way he finishes his jumps too. That bugged me more than Radionova's shoulders. He was my biggest disappointment at SA (Max too).

Anyway I hope he does better at COR for his sake. And I say this as a fan but sometimes you have to be real. I like the kid but really in which area of his PCS do you think he should have been scored higher than the other skaters I'm curious?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought Artur's LP was definitely underscored and he definitely should have beaten Majorov but no way as high as fifth, and certainly not beating Jason (who was the fifth placed skater, but should have been fourth - IMO).

Artur needs confidence. Something was rattled and not working. Anna Karenina is GORGEOUS and if he can work on really selling that program, I hope things will improve for him. When he went for the quad in LP he attacked it with confidence and the jump looked like it had never been a problem for him, so he CAN do it. By contrast his quad attempt in the short looked tentative. I know he had a horrible fall in the practice and probably hurt himself but he wasn't at his best here.

That said, everything I saw at Finlandia and Panin Memorial looked really, REALLY promising and I really hope that he can pull it together at Cup of Russia.

But of course, at CoR there's a whole new set of challenges - the Federation's Chosen Golden Boy, Kovtun; Chan; and of course, the mighty Plushenko; and I'm really hoping that the presence of Plushenko doesn't screw with Artur's head too much.

Kiss&Cry

Spectator
Artur PCS were rightfully low. Most of the skaters at this competition are better at all areas of PCS (SS, IN, PE, TR, CH). Honestly he was the worse out of all the men IMHO. He skated slow, had practically no transitions (nothing going on with his feet/program was so empty so low TR), there wasn't any interpretation (pain meds?), he seem like he wasn't even there (he just didn't perform/low PE). I was so bored during his program that I just wanted it all to be over. All the other guys were immensely more entertaining even if they did missed their jumps they kept performing, Majorov included. I would put all those guys ahead on IN and PE. His skating skills are only above Aaron and Majorov, nobody else should his SS be higher than. Even then, Max is way faster so i'll say they are about even on SS. Maybe CH over Max and Alexander but that's it.

To me he basically skated as if he had no confidence. Skated as if somebody kicked his puppy, he just looked sad. And I hate the way he finishes his jumps too. That bugged me more than Radionova's shoulders. He was my biggest disappointment at SA (Max too).

Anyway I hope he does better at COR for his sake. And I say this as a fan but sometimes you have to be real. I like the kid but really in which area of his PCS do you think he should have been scored higher than the other skaters I'm curious?

Seriously looked at all the performances, and you are right about this particular performance...I watched a couple of his programs from past seasons, and this one didn't even belong in the arena with the rest of those guys. You are right about another thing, and I hope his team takes this to heart. do NOT drug this kid up and send him out to skate! I should have realized that he was on some KILLER pain meds, and perhaps they take away the pain to a degree, but they also sap your personality right with it. At Finlandia, it was a whole different story. he was able to sell the program. My friend was right..it was just not his night. I have taken a good hard look at this comp..and truth be known, I don't EVER want to see him skate like this again. A withdrawal would have been preferable to sending him out there in that shape.

Sorry I spoke out of the box, and out of line.
I adore Jason Brown and thought he should have been fourth (although I thought he should have beaten Max.but then again, this is me talking.
I'll shut up now, and will quietly go about watching Artur and praying for a skate like the 2012 Euros. He skated against Plushenko there, and did very well. Some people even thought he should have won....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love Jason too, but there was no way he would have beaten Max. 3 quads + 2 3As vs 2 wonky 3As. The TES was always going to ensure that wasn't even close. Jason had to skate super clean to even come close if Max was sloppy (as he was a bit). He didn't. But I still feel he may have lost out on fourth unfairly on the grounds of "Former World Champion and Japanese Heart-throb" vs "First-year Senior"...

I'm among the camp who thought Artur should have won against Plushenko at Europeans that year. The issue was the short program scores: there was absolutely no way in a blue moon that Artur's lead after the SP should have been only half a point! Combine that with Plushenko having one of his trademark special LPs and Artur never stood a chance. As much as I love Plushy too, that was reputation judging at its finest.

I'm really hoping Artur can pull it together!

mielikki

Rinkside
Sorry to interrupt the proper mourning :p but I translated the interview he gave Tanya Flade after the FS (there was also a piece Mishin said about Liza's SP trouble), he does not complain neither about the injury, nor about the scores. The guy is a bit funny.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/792_artur-g...em-perestraivat-programmu-pod-dva-chetvernyh/

After skating in Detroit Artur Gachinski and his coach Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin commented on his performance to ISU press coordinator Tatjana Flade.

"I can't say the injury that happened before the short programme hampered much. I had injections done before going on the ice, and I took painkiller medicines, so I practically haven't felt myself. Though before the Grand Prix event I was self-confident. I skated well in the training before the short, there was no failure in the 6-minute warm-up either. It was clear in my head that now I can go out and do everything. In the end I did nothing.

In the free skate it was surely a different story. I did everything I could. After today's skate I'm content that I'm finding the strengh, getting back at least a little of the skating I had not so long ago. It happens in the free skate, but I have to work more on the short programme, come back to myself.

As for the injury - I fell, back aches badly. And now the knee too. So I'm all bandaged. The knee disturbed me already in St. Petersburg, but I didn't attach too much importance to it. I fell - well, I fell. And now I noticed shooting pains in it. At coming home I'll undergo some treatment.

I'll rest a little bit and then I'll gain competition experience, so that I do not make mistakes like I did here and do not delude myself with the confidence that now I shall go on ice and everything will be super, and then it turns out no, not super.

Before the Grand Prix event on Moscow I'll take part in competitions in Saint Petersburg. I have to develop the programmes. We talked already with Alexei Nikolaevich and my choreographer Tatiana Prokofieva and decided that I have to compete more. We'll strenthen the programme, think about rebuilding it for two quads. Plus two triple axels and 3-3 combos, all that has to be jumped, jumped and worked out, so there's still a long road ahead", - Artur Gachinski shared his musings after performing at Skate America.

"With all the negative result shown here, I, as a coach, see one positive moment: finally Artur gained good execution of the quadruple jump. He did it fine at warm-up, in training, and today at the competition. I think all of the athlete's blunders and woes will be compensated if he develops a little more stamina.

Getting his back seriously injured prior to the short programme didn't allow him to show everything he can. The skater fell hard. The doctor diagnosed strong contusion of the sacral part of spine.

As for Liza, she did upset us, because here she skated very well. Judges came up to me and told that now they see former Liza. Now the athlete came to the good form, but she has to work a bit. It already happened before that her short programme brought surprises to the coaches. But now we make some changes in the order of elements to take off that complex" - declared the skaters' coach Alexei Mishin.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Some good Artur news from Golden Spin!

He won silver, but more importantly, his FS contained two CLEAN QUADS (one in combination), two 3As (one in a really boss combination), and a proper execution of the rest of his jumps (except a 3Lz turned into a 2Lz). He got +GOE on almost everything, and level 3s and 4s for his spins. It's not over yet!

Maxi

Rinkside
Yey ! Go Artur! Nationals are so close! Do you have any videos of the programs from this weekend ?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you have any videos of the programs from this weekend ?

Yeah right! His name isn't Yuna Kim, therefore he may as well not exist...

No, there's isn't, unfortunately. There's a video of his ex (he does the short program) but no videos of the actual competition.

So he'll just have to do it again at Russian Nationals where we can see it ;)

coppertop1

On the Ice
Russians should let their skaters alone to develop their own way and stop treating them as next Plushenko or next Yagudin. Yagudin and Plushenko belong to the past, Russia needs new FS stars. Even overhyped Kovtun could actually start landing his quads :rolleye: and have good results in senior competitions, without Tarasova's PR.
Gachinski is a lovely skater, he reminds me of Alexander Abt, I wish him luck. :thumbsup:

I agree, let them be themselves. I feel for Artur, I feel like he's become the fall boy for Russian men's skating because of his result in 2012. He's not the problem, he's a symptom. Russia needs to redevelop their men and Gacinski is taking the blame. I hope he comes back firing in the future!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Some good Artur news from Golden Spin!

He won silver, but more importantly, his FS contained two CLEAN QUADS (one in combination), two 3As (one in a really boss combination), and a proper execution of the rest of his jumps (except a 3Lz turned into a 2Lz). He got +GOE on almost everything, and level 3s and 4s for his spins. It's not over yet!

This is good news! Best to to Artur at his Nationals!

mielikki

Rinkside
Yesterday's interview after the FS, http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20131225/710821487.html

Sochi, 25th of Desember, R-Sport, Elena Dyachkova

Skater Artur Gachinski claimed he did his best to show everything he can in the free skating in Russian National Championship in Sochi, after failing in the short programme the day before.
Gachinski was only twelfth after the short programme. In the free skating he earned 155,07 points and is currently in the second place, before the strongest group skates.
“I strove. Well, one quadruple… When I was going for the first one, I understood it’s going to be total rubbish, - Gachinski told the journalists. – I decided to make it triple, to feel it completely. To be safe that I can really do it, and then I went for the second one. And further everything was at the quite good level. I figured it out with combos and remade them a little bit. For now I did my best to do everything I can”.

The skater found it difficult to explain his poor performance in the short programme. “The skates like this are no subject to analysis. What was yesterday is the exorbitant beauty of figure skating (laughs). I showed everybody how one should not do. What conclusions did I come to? The short is to be skated well, and the free was successful several times already. All the agitation, the load of responsibility has to be dropped already before the short”, - Gachinski declared.
Also he admitted he had no uneasiness before the free skating. “There was only the strong rage both yesterday and today. I must admit yesterday I was ashamed of my skating very much. I wanted to come today and show the small part of what I can, because obviously I can do enough to brace up in the free skate”, - the sportsmen said.

In Gachinski’s words, now he has “no idea of what comes next”. “Practice, recovery, coming to myself and skating the short hundred times in practice. Before now I skated two programmes bad, now the free skate is alright already. I have to pull myself together after all. Getting on he point, pulling myself together and skating well”, - the skater thinks.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He sounds positive, which makes me happy.

I demand he keep Anna Karenina next season. And he must also keep the grey costume. :love:

mielikki

Rinkside
He sounds positive, which makes me happy.

His tone in that interview gave me impression he's anxious to fight and to get over his mistakes. There's no sign he thinks the season is over for him. But he'll have to wait until Olys are over and Mishin is done fussing over Plushenko's issues. Same refers to Liza.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Guess Gachinsky officially has flown the coop, don't think Mishin would have given this answer had he not......

Now there are rumors that Arthur Gachinski left you. Is it true?
Throughout my career, I had athletes sometimes and gone, for example, when internal competition among athletes........Gachinski was probably some sort of jealousy to Plushenko........Divorces of couples were are and will be, as transitions sportsmen from coach to coach were are and will be. And I treat this very calmly.

Full interview http://fsnews.ru/page-id-2248.html

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm still not sold on this as a good idea, but I will reserve my full gamut of emotions until we discover who the new coach is.

Maxi

Rinkside
This is really sad :cry: but I love artur and I hope he will have a better career from now on. Excuse my ignorance but who is Sokolovskaya?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Apparently Artur has also deleted all photos of his (former?) girlfriend off his instagram. I have not checked.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is really sad :cry: but I love artur and I hope he will have a better career from now on. Excuse my ignorance but who is Sokolovskaya?

She coaches Zhan Bush, Sergei Borodulin, and Polina Shelepen. None have had steller seasons since going to her. Shelepen has been plagued with injuries. She also coached Anna Ovcharova and Alexandra Deeva both whom she gave aweful jump technique and she destroyed Shelepen technique as well. She is not known for teaching jumps or consistency. Let's not even talk about the bombastic programs she gives them, you can catch them on YouTube. But maybe Artur will be different, maybe not :scowl:

Maxi

Rinkside
She coaches Zhan Bush, Sergei Borodulin, and Polina Shelepen. None have had steller seasons since going to her. Shelepen has been plagued with injuries. She also coached Anna Ovcharova and Alexandra Deeva both whom she gave aweful jump technique and she destroyed Shelepen technique as well. She is not known for teaching jumps or consistency. Let's not even talk about the bombastic programs she gives them, you can catch them on YouTube. But maybe Artur will be different, maybe not :scowl:
Thank you :) I sure hope he won't chose her... I was not a fan of any of the ones you mentioned when they worked with her. But maybe there is no one else who wants him? All the coaches seem to have a group already and going abroad is not an option unfortunately. I really believed he could be a great champion when I saw him at the first Worlds( and not for the medal necessary but for his skating)