Artur Gachinski | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

Alba

Record Breaker
It really is such a pity. I think he had a lot of potential which he could never fully show. I understand his decision though. Injuries really sucks and can finish your career. There are a lot of other satisfaction he can take from this sport though and I'm happy for him that he has decided to become a coach. ALL THE BEST TO YOU ARTUR! :love:

iskate

On the Ice
I actually meant this one from when he was tiny. Talk about eye catching and a little hilarious, but he pulled it off.

The Pink Floyd one is certainly nice too :biggrin:

Oh, oops, haha, I was getting mixed up with the pink and black one. Did not have tiny Artur as my background - but OMG TINY ARTUR WITH HIS SASSY OUTFIT AND MULLET, HE'S SO ADORABLE. :laugh: Almost all Russian male skaters seem to have those mullet haircuts as little boys, then eventually grow out of it...how hilarious.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh, oops, haha, I was getting mixed up with the pink and black one. Did not have tiny Artur as my background - but OMG TINY ARTUR WITH HIS SASSY OUTFIT AND MULLET, HE'S SO ADORABLE. :laugh: Almost all Russian male skaters seem to have those mullet haircuts as little boys, then eventually grow out of it...how hilarious.

Except for Plushy. ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
Except for Plushy. ;)

Well, Plushy got his mullet later on, didn't he? Maybe it's like measles - worse when you get it as an adult?;)

Meanwhile, karne, take comfort - at least Artur has what most skaters will never have, however good they are, a world medal. (Because there are only so many world medals to go around, logically most people will end up without.) Nobody can take that away from him.

I wish him all happiness and success in his future career.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I am quite sad that he never fulfilled his potential as an amateur skater, at least he won a world medal. I wish him the best on the path he will choose.
I hoped that Tarasova would be his key, but like with Sasha Cohen, she cannot fix everything.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I actually meant this one from when he was tiny. Talk about eye catching and a little hilarious, but he pulled it off.

The Pink Floyd one is certainly nice too :biggrin:

Oh my gosh, little baby Artur.

I call it the Plushy Factor. When they're tiny and they idolise their King and they want to be just like him...

Meanwhile, karne, take comfort - at least Artur has what most skaters will never have, however good they are, a world medal. (Because there are only so many world medals to go around, logically most people will end up without.) Nobody can take that away from him..

Yes, he is. 2011 World Bronze Medallist, 2012 European Silver Medallist, 2011 and 2012 Russian National Silver Medallist...and always a champion in my heart!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Wow...some harsh words from Valentin Piseyev in this article, but also some nice words from Mishin, which is why I will post it in this thread.

http://izvestia.ru/news/600702

Valentin Piseyev unflattering praised the 22-year-old skater Gachinsky Arthur, who said at the national championship, but due to injury was unable to attend and was forced to announce the completion of a professional career.

- He never interested me as an athlete. Frankly, in him I never believed it. We must have a strong character, to win medals. What Gachinsky retired from the sport, it is absolutely nothing in the world men's figure skating has not changed, - concluded the coach.

The former coach of Arthur Gachinsky Alexei Mishin, in turn, argues otherwise. Honored coach of Russia in a conversation with the correspondent of "Izvestia" said Arthur was one of the most talented of his students.

- Arthur was the most capable of all my students - said Alexey. - Objective and subjective reasons, he was unable to fully realize themselves in the sport. This athlete gifted artistic vision of figure skating. He is absolutely musical. In addition, Arthur had the unique data to perform multi-hopping. Not many figure skaters in the world perform quarter-jumping, coats, rittberger at that age. Also it was very close to a quarter to perform lutz. This indicates very high potential. The fact that he managed to become the winner of the championship of Europe and the world, also speaks volumes. Of course, up to the maximum, he was far away.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, Piseyev is a total jerk, what a horrible thing to say! This guy ran the Russian Figure Skating Federation? No wonder Artur was treated so poorly.

I'll take Mishin's opinion over his any day!

However! I was catching up on Instagram the other day, and it seems Artur's enjoying the shows he's in and life in general.

This one's my favourite - https://www.instagram.com/p/_wHcitAxMQ/ Skating Conga line!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am not going to lie, when I read that this morning I might have screamed a lot of swear words at my phone and promptly pummeled my pillow imagining that it was Piseev's face. How DARE he?!

I am glad his split with Mishin seems that it was amicable enough. :love:

Yes, three shows in a week - at least the show producers seem to know what a good talent they now have available to them.

Maybe one day...the Snow King...?

lennicky

Rinkside
I feel really sad about artur's retirement. He has always been one of my favourite skaters and I will miss him.
I think that the main problem with him was that he felt very pressioned. Everyone expected he to be a new plushy and to get results as good as the his and what they got was to block him.
I remember that a spanish expert said once : " it's a pity thats his mind blocks him because he is so talented, so elegant and he has so much class and technic"
But he can feel very proud with all the good results he got through his career (not many skaters can say that they got medals in european and world championships) and I wish he would be happy and sucessful because he deserves it.

By the way, who is piseyeb and how many medals did he get to be so rude and unrespectable with artur?

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
By the way, who is piseyeb and how many medals did he get to be so rude and unrespectable with artur?

Piseev is the disgraceful toss who was the head of the RuFed during that time that they were so brutally unfair to Artur...

Alba

Record Breaker
I think it was Piseev the one who had some bad words towards Soloviev as well, just because the guy was injured. :rolleye: He is total nuts.

LRK

Record Breaker
I forget - but was it Piseev who dropped Plushy in the soup? (Genuine, not rhetorical question, I honestly can't remember.)