Inside 3 turns | Golden Skate

Inside 3 turns

skirunner

Rinkside
i'm having trouble doing forward inside 3 turns on my left foot because the clockwise rotation is not intuitive for me. any tips on learning to rotate on my 'bad' side? i should mention i am doing these on hockey skates (a figure skater told me the other day that the balance point is different on my rockered blades). thanks in advance!
s

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
For the inside 3-turn you want to lead with your skating side. You want to bend into the turn, rise through the turn and then bend on the exit with your free side leading. In hockey skates you want to keep your weight more or less in the middle of the blade as opposed to more forward as in figure skates.

figure_skater_72

Rinkside
I feel that in 3 turns, arms are extremely important. Keep your arms strong. For this particular 3 turn, have your left arm infront and your right arm back and then switch them as you turn.

Keep your right foot on the ankle of your left and BEND YOUR KNEES! Start by gliding on your left foot with your arms in position. When you're ready to turn, bend your left knee and turn. As you get better you can try turning with your free leg extended behind you. This will help in preparing for your toe-loop. Good luck!

skirunner

Rinkside
thankyou! i was working on this today, trying not to bend forward at the waist. i'm starting to get more upright. the balance can be tricky; i'm wondering what figure skates would be like….