Yuna's Les Mis - Netherlands Euro - Help! | Golden Skate

Yuna's Les Mis - Netherlands Euro - Help!

smoothiw

Rinkside
Hello, friends.

I am writing to find some kind souls, who can translate this Netherland Euro to English.
We Korean Yuna fans really want to know what foreign casters talk about Yuna's performance :)
About Les Mis at World 2013, we have already collected almost every foreign comments except the Netherland Euro.
Usually some Koreans who know foreign languages well make this works come true,
but this year we never found anyone who can translate this in English.

If someone who can do it, help me :)

This is the youtube clip (Netherlands EuroSports).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc2Gg-wKz6U

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
Here you go, not 100% though:

Yuna Kim, the very last one. And is it going to be: Save the best for last? You may well expect it but... we have... the drama did not happen so far, the level is very high in this last group, that's very nice, of course. Yu-Na Kim, is she going to be a two time World Champion or will it be Carolina Kostner? In any case, she has a little lead from the SP.

3LZ+3T. Boom. 3F.

The audience goes crazy. Absolutely flawless LP by the Olympic Champion and now also, we may say it, by the new World Champion. Yes, there is no doubt about it. This is the best that Ladies figure skating has to offer.

That was the most complete total package that I have seen in some time from Yu-Na Kim. I didn't dare to count how many triples were in that programme. I think a few less than by some others. Six triples. With combinations 7 or 8. But everything was flawless, all elements in the plus. That was for me an untouchable level. No one can touch this, neither in the technical nor presentation part. Yu-Na Kim is back again. At the start of the season, I saw her in Dortmund for the first time in years, there were some mistakes in the programm, also at the National Championship. It think she hasn't done any more competitions this year. No, only two competitions. More was not necessary because she performed when she needed to. She is again the Queen of Figure Skating. Wonderful, the 3Lz+3T at the beginning. That is a +3, no flaw there. the Flip too, everything accurate to the centimeter. Is there anything...? No, everything was fine, here a +3 too, the Salchow. It takes a bit of time, but reviews by the technical panel are probably not necessary. Maybe to create some exitement that is not really there. [regarding the result]

I hadn't see really her "in action" so far, it was great. I'm not easy to impress but this is the best this year, although, of course, you can't compare the disciplines with each other, and if she stays active like that she can dominate her figure skating discipline. And, I think, that is different in the other disciplines, that makes her so special.

The score is it going to be in the high 140s. 148. Close to her world record from the Olympic Games. So far ahead. The only one over 200 points. The Queen is back. Her name is Yu-Na Kim.

smoothiw

Rinkside
Wow. Thank you very much, Kunstrijdster. Korean Yuna fans will see this (after being traslated into Korean), and they will appreciate you. THANK YOU !

Robeye

Final Flight
Thank you, Art Jockey! :)

No one can touch this.

It sounds like the lyrics of an MC Hammer song translated into Dutch, then back into English. :laugh:

(Thanks for the translation, K. Those Dutch commentators really seem to know what they are talking about. Every observation and judgment seemed to be spot-on. Of course, there are legends that skating was invented by the Dutch, so...:))

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
Well, Jeroen Prins was a skater and is a qualified judge and referee, so he should know what he's talking about. He is a fan of Chris Howarth, btw. I actually don't know the other guy and Joan Haanappel doesn't seem to be commentating anymore.

The legends are probably true, that's why the ISU was founded in the Netherlands after all. :)