Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia] | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia]

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia]

ETA:

Links to Entries/Starting Orders/Results/Time Schedules:

Entry lists (older links):
- http://nepelatrophy.webs.com/competitors (Thx to IleK for the link ... which later seemed to become defunct??)
- http://nepelatrophy.webs.com/ONT 2013 - competitors-5.pdf (PDF version)​

Live streaming (Thx to CaroLiza_fan for all the information):

Live broadcast will be started 3rd of October 2013 at 1:30 pm CET. Follow this link:

Some of CL_fan's other helpful posts (disclaimer: not necessarily an exhaustive list):

Another link for live streaming:

U.S. Figure Skating has announced its Nepela entrants:
  • Gao
  • Miner
  • Donlan/Speroff
    Scimeca/Knierim
  • Aldridge/Eaton
http://usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216
ETA, Denney/Frazier were later added.​

IleK

On the Ice
The entries are finally up! http://nepelatrophy.webs.com/competitors

So excited for Tomas Verner, Takahito Mura, Haruka Imai, especially Nikol Gosviiani (I was hoping for that), Polina K and my new fav US girl Christina Gao!
And my biggest surprise: Anna& Luca! And a couple of other interesting couples in pairs and ice dance. Thank God for the olympic season because it makes all other little events more interesting than usual.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thanks to IleK for the news. :)
FWIW, the PDF version of the competitor list loaded more quickly on my computer.

I too am excited for Gao.

U.S. Figure Skating has announced its Nepela entrants:
  • Gao
  • Miner
  • Donlan/Speroff
    Scimeca/Knierim
  • Aldridge/Eaton
http://usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

I see that Denney/Frazier were added to Team USA's entries.

No Canadians this year. :think:

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
yaaay! 2 norwegian girls! the lovely twin sister of Anne Line Gjersem, Camilla Gjersem and Anine Rabe :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte!! :yay: And it will be interesting to see both Gosviani and Korobeynikova, the two Russian girls that (with Leonova) are a question mark for me at the moment: I think that the Russian Federation still doesn't know who they want to give that CoR spot to...

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Cappellini/Lanotte!! :yay: And it will be interesting to see both Gosviani and Korobeynikova, the two Russian girls that (with Leonova) are a question mark for me at the moment: I think that the Russian Federation still doesn't know who they want to give that CoR spot to...

I think Gosviani should get that spot because she needs ISU competitions to get into SB list. And even Korobeynikova gets a second event, she is not a GPF material I suppose though I like her so much, more than any other girls.
I'm really happy to see these two and Gao on the entry list. Hope we will see some videos.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Great to see the roster. Was wondering when and where Cap/Lan were going to show up. With 3 teams competing this one will be like a preview of Italian Nationals. How many spots do they have for the Olympic team?

Kind of puzzled by the total absence of Canada, I suppose they must pick and choose their events in which to spend for sending coaches, officials, etc.

samson

Medalist
Yet again another senior B with a lot of interest! Skating Club of Boston is well reoresented here. I think he'll have some good competition but I'd love to see Ross come out hear, skate well and win.

Could also see Gao win, but she's also getting over an injury so it might be early for her to be pull out a win.

A nice field in ice dance and a lot of US pairs too! I'm also excited to see what the Italian Ice Dancers have on tap!

Oh my goodness the Olympic Season is really about to begin!

Sara

On the Ice
Gosviani has been listed officially for both Finlandia Trophy and Ondrej Nepela (they take place at the same time)!

Alex D

Record Breaker
I wanted to go, but i think I will pass. Its just a 5 hours drive but without accreditation its to risky at the Moment :(

Have fun those that go, its really nice over there!

IleK

On the Ice
Oh, Alex can we pay you to go?:) If there will be no changes of the entry list (withdrawls), this will also a be a competititon to watch. I have a lot of skaters I like here:
Tomas Verner, Takahito Mura, Peter Liebers in Men;
Nathalie Weinzierl ( she captured my attention at Nebelhorn), Haruka Imai, Nikol Gosviiani, Polina K, Joshi&Viktoria, Natalia Popova and the one I'll be rooting to win, Christina Gao (and hopefully Nikol in second, and Viktoria or Haruka in third), in Ladies;
Martyusheva&Rogonov and curious to see the american young pairs especially Alex&Chris (they made quite an impression last season), in Pairs;
Anna& Luca being the fav, then I was impressed at Nebelhorn by the hungarian pair Dora and Balasz and thought the judges underscored them (though I am not so familiar with the ice dancing rules), Nelli&Alexander, in Ice Dance.

I hope there will be a live stream.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Oh, Alex can we pay you to go?:) If there will be no changes of the entry list (withdrawls), this will also a be a competititon to watch. I have a lot of skaters I like here:
Tomas Verner, Takahito Mura, Peter Liebers in Men;
Nathalie Weinzierl ( she captured my attention at Nebelhorn), Haruka Imai, Nikol Gosviiani, Polina K, Joshi&Viktoria, Natalia Popova and the one I'll be rooting to win, Christina Gao (and hopefully Nikol in second, and Viktoria or Haruka in third), in Ladies;
Martyusheva&Rogonov and curious to see the american young pairs especially Alex&Chris (they made quite an impression last season), in Pairs;
Anna& Luca being the fav, then I was impressed at Nebelhorn by the hungarian pair Dora and Balasz and thought the judges underscored them (though I am not so familiar with the ice dancing rules), Nelli&Alexander, in Ice Dance.

I hope there will be a live stream.

Well, you might should pay that money to the ISU :D

Problem is, if I dont have access to the ice rink with a power supply for the Laptop etc. then I cant really report about it sadly. :(
It worked fine all those years without an accreditation, but at Nebelhorn this year a lot of things changed and we all can only hope that the ISU might rethink their decisions again, at least for those that want to support the sport and tell their friends and the whole world about it. I must admit though, I didnt apply for an accreditation in time - so the blame is on me too, but as I said we never needed one in such an urgency like this year to do our job :(

I fully understand why the ISU does it though, but I hope there is a way around it as there are a few helping hands that did report about Nebelhorn every year -voluntarly and couldnt do it this year sadly :(

I saw you mentioned Nathalie, yes she is a great person and has a very funny way of doing her Exhibition Skates. I can highly recommend to check her Exhibition Skate from last years Nebelhorn. Tatjana did record it and put it on YT, here the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZNKoXsD06o

I will try very hard at the NRW Trophy, but I cant guarentee anything, it all depends on the ISU - I am more than willing to give my time and money to bring the news to you, but its not a decision I have to make, but the ISU. :)

I agree about Dora and Balasz, great pair ;)

Funny that you mentioned Tomas Verner, he was at Oberstdorf today!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Any info about live streams?

On 25th September, the organisers posted this to the competition's page on Facebook:

21st Ondrej Nepela Trophy said:
Live broadcast will be started 3rd of october 2013 at 1:30 pm CET. Follow this link:

http://live.huste.tv/intro

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=531432866939649&id=408699565879647

I should make an ammendment. Europe is still on Daylight Savings Time, so it is actually 1:30pm CEST (GMT+2). But, most people do not distinguish between the two names and just say CET for handiness, even though it is incorrect. (We in the UK do the same with CEST, which is strange, as we always distinguish between GMT and BST... :confused: )

Now, my Slovak isn't the best (in fact, it's non-existant!), but when I went to that page this morning, I couldn't find any mention of any skating coming up. In fact, there wasn't anything listed for 3rd October at all!

So, I don't know what's happening. :confused:

I would dearly love to see it, so that I can support some of the skaters I like - especially, of course, reigning Ladies champion Jenna McCorkell (well, she's from 40 miles up the road from me!), and also Polina K (she badly needs to remind everybody why I have so much faith in her!)

Although, I would dearly love to see the Finlandia too (Come on Liza!!! And Akiko!!!)

And the Japan Open (Come on Irina!!! And Adelina!!! And Mao!!!)

Why, oh why, did they schedule all these things at the same time???!!! :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
On 25th September, the organisers posted this to the competition's page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=531432866939649&id=408699565879647

I should make an ammendment. Europe is still on Daylight Savings Time, so it is actually 1:30pm CEST (GMT+2). But, most people do not distinguish between the two names and just say CET for handiness, even though it is incorrect. (We in the UK do the same with CEST, which is strange, as we always distinguish between GMT and BST... :confused: )

Now, my Slovak isn't the best (in fact, it's non-existant!), but when I went to that page this morning, I couldn't find any mention of any skating coming up. In fact, there wasn't anything listed for 3rd October at all!

So, I don't know what's happening. :confused:

I would dearly love to see it, so that I can support some of the skaters I like - especially, of course, reigning Ladies champion Jenna McCorkell (well, she's from 40 miles up the road from me!), and also Polina K (she badly needs to remind everybody why I have so much faith in her!)

Although, I would dearly love to see the Finlandia too (Come on Liza!!! And Akiko!!!)

And the Japan Open (Come on Irina!!! And Adelina!!! And Mao!!!)

Why, oh why, did they schedule all these things at the same time???!!! :bang:

CaroLiza_fan

Krátky program is what you need to look for. It means short program, while krátky tanec is short dance and voľná jazda is like correctly translated "long play", which refers to the long program) ;)

I hope I could help you.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Krátky program is what you need to look for. It means short program, while krátky tanec is short dance and voľná jazda is like correctly translated "long play", which refers to the long program) ;)

I hope I could help you.

Sorry to have worried everybody. They have now added the listings for first couple of days of the Ondrej Nepela to http://live.huste.tv/intro

And, if you change the drop-down menu (which I hadn't seen - oops! :eek::) to "Október 2013", you can find the full listings! :biggrin:

I have copied the times for each skating broadcast below, but have kept them in Slovak to make it easier for you to find them in the listings.

Štvrtok 3. Október 2013

13:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ženy - krátky program (Ladies short)
17:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Muži - krátky program (Men's short)
21:00 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Šport. dvojice -kr.prog. (Pairs Short)

Piatok 4. Október 2013

14:00 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Tanečné páry - kr. tanec (Short Dance)
16:00 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Šport. dvojice - voľná jazda (Pairs Free)
17:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ženy - voľná jazda (Ladies Free)
21:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Víťazná ceremónia (Medal Ceremony)

Sobota 5. Október 2013

13:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Tanečné páry - voľný tanec (Free Dance)
16:00 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Muži - voľná jazda (Men's Free)
19:30 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Víťazná ceremónia (Medal Ceremony)

And, to add to our Slovak vocabulary, "Krasokorčuľovanie" is figure skating!

I think I'll sign off with the only Slovak word I knew before today:

Sbohem (Goodbye)

CaroLiza_fan