Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia] | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia]

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ayesha CAMPBELL / Shane SEDEN (NZL)

Loved the Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love" music. But what on Earth was the second music?! It sounded like the microphone was next to a railway line, and a train was going past!

Mind you, they went over to the referee afterwards, so it might have been a fault with the track.

Great to see a Kiwi team in a skating competition! It doesn't happen too often. And, they were pretty good, too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Funnily enough I'd just read this nice article about them a few days before, and like you, was excited to see them skate - albeit on a dodgy stream! :cool:

http://www.odt.co.nz/sport/ice-skating/275090/figure-skating-ice-dancers-aim-winter-olympics

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
While I appreciate that having the live stream is better than nothing, I wish for next year the organizers can come up with better camera positions, audio capture, and a way to keep track of who's skating and scoring on screen. It's a bit hard to follow. The contrast with the Finlandia stream production is striking.

I have sympathy with what you say, especially as the Event Page scores weren't updated so you could know where the skaters were ranked. By the Final Group of Freedance I took to straining to hear the announcer and writing it down until at the end I had 3 "2nd places" but no actual scores. :p

But surely the Finlandia Trophy was a TV broadcast production whilst Nepela was just a webcam?
Anyway I'm still grateful to have been able to watch it live. In the past we'd have to wait for Results the next day and possibly a photo, if we were lucky. :sarcasm:
I noticed from the Youtube videos that some people obviously have a much better connection than me, as my stream was much poorer quality picture and sound. I must upgrade asap! :popcorn:

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT & FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 148.64 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
2. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 144.27 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
3. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 137.94 SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
4. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 137.20 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
5. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 136.15 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
6. Alexandra ALDRIDGE & Daniel EATON (USA) - 130.49 Short Dance, Free Dance

lcd

Match Penalty
SHORT & FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 148.64 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
2. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 144.27 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
3. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 137.94 SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
4. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 137.20 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
5. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 136.15 Short Dance, SD - 2nd Copy, Free Dance
6. Alexandra ALDRIDGE & Daniel EATON (USA) - 130.49 Short Dance, Free Dance

Thank you for organizing as always Mao88