Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia] | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia]

IleK

On the Ice
Oh, Tomas! When everything looked just to good to be true... but he landed all his jumps, can't remember when was the last time he did it. I don't think it was a 4T-3T, it looked more like a 3F-3T. Tomas can't land a quad, or at least de didn't landed it in a long time and never had a combination quad, it would be impossible to have it now when he is trying to recover all his triples.
As for the program and performance, it makes me cry that I am not going to see something so entertaining during the GPs. It really hurts. I will have to wait until the Euros, unless... I think I saw him on The Cup of Nice entry list but I have to check it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anastasia MARTYUSHEVA / Alexey ROGONOV (RUS)

Music: Sarabande

2T - planned?
3Tw
3FTh
BiDs
Li
StSq - he fell
PCoSp

Not their best. Those sbs are really hurting them

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Olga BESTANDIGOVA / Ilhan MANSIZ (TUR)

2Tw - vertical, but ok
2S - he puts foot down
3STh - I think
BiDs
Li - shaky footwork, doesn't cover a lot of ice
PCoSp
StSq

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA)

Music: "Malagueña" by Ernesto Lecuona

Both in black sparkly costumes w/ red detailing.

3Tw
3LoTh - hands down
3S - she has turnout, he singles
Li
BiDs
PCoSp
StSq

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: Papa, Can You Hear Me? from Yentl

Both in grey/white sparkly costumes w/ som black detailing

3Tw - good height
3FTh
3S - he fell
PCoSp
Li
BiDs
StSq - he fell backwards during hold, both falls

Nice start, but then it came crashing. Three falls... hope his ankle isn't still feeling bad bad.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gretchen DONLAN / Andrew SPEROFF (USA)

Music: "Meditation" from Thais by Jules Massenet

Both in all black. She's in tights w/ sparkly lace top.

3S - I think
3Tw - bit low catch
BiDs
StSq
Li
3STh
PCoSp

IleK

On the Ice
I missed the pairs. But going back to Verner, sequinsgalore you were so right an I was so wrong and I want to be many times wrong saying he can't to a quad combo when he does. It really didn't look like a quad, you know the type that Chan or Javier does, but... it was!! I remember him trying the quad and falling every time in the past years. It just seemed impossible for him to be able to do a 4t-3t. But wow, now I am really pissed. How could he ruin the spin?? And how could he singled an doubled everything last year and now in his first competition land a 4t-3t? And why but why did he have to be such a mess last year, and now when he is "the new Patrick Chan" (kidding of course) he can't go to GP and make the final??

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I missed the pairs. But going back to Verner, sequinsgalore you were so right an I was so wrong and I want to be many times wrong saying he can't to a quad combo when he does. It really didn't look like a quad, you know the type that Chan or Javier does, but... it was!! I remember him trying the quad and falling every time in the past years. It just seemed impossible for him to be able to do a 4t-3t. But wow, now I am really pissed. How could he ruin the spin?? And how could he singled an doubled everything last year and now in his first competition land a 4t-3t? And why but why did he have to be such a mess last year, and now when he is "the new Patrick Chan" (kidding of course) he can't go to GP and make the final??

I must say, I was also very surprised to see Verner land all his planned jumps. Hope he can keep this up in the FS (and the rest of the season)

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Nikol GOSVIIANI (RUS) - 56.09 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 52.71 Short Program
3. Nicole RAJICOVA (SVK) - 52.40 Short Program
4. Christina GAO (USA) - 52.14 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA) - 51.80 Short Program
6. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 50.91
7. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 49.61
8. Sarah HECKEN (GER) - 48.06 Short Program
9. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 45.81 Short Program

MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 82.63 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 80.53 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Ross MINER (USA) - 74.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 74.21 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Akio SASAKI (JPN) - 64.88 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Christopher BERNECK (GER) - 59.19
7. Dmitriy IGNATENKO (UKR) - 55.72 Short Program
8. Igor REZNICHENKO (UKR) - 54.28 Short Program

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Gretchen DONLAN & Andrew SPEROFF (USA) - 56.63
2. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 51.17
3. Anastasia MARTYUSHEVA & Alexey ROGONOV (RUS) - 50.40 Short Program
4. Haven DENNEY & Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 48.71 Short Program
5. Olga BESTANDIGOVA & Ilhan MANSIZ (TUR) - 33.23

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I must say, I was also very surprised to see Verner land all his planned jumps. Hope he can keep this up in the FS (and the rest of the season)

Ditto and it has me thinking maybe Alissa Czisny can make the Olympic team now, and that there's something magic in the Obertsdorf water now that wasn't there a few years ago because Carolina stopped bombing when she went back to Huth and Tomas, no saying how he'll do the rest of the season, but just went out and landed a 4t-3t, 3a, and 3lz with an 80+ score with a fall on a no point earning spin :eek:. The last time he skated decently was 10-11 season, and that was with minimal quad attempts, and now after all the injuries and years of headcasing, he is skating like someone that could be top 10/12 at the Olympics. I think last season he never even broke 60 points for a SP. Regardless of if he pops everything in the FS I'm happy he had such a good skate and hope it helps his confidence!

Icey

Record Breaker
Why did verner get up so slowly after he fell? Was he disoriented? One of the livestreams in original posting says not available due to using up bandwidth. I wonder if they will purchase more when the competition begins.