Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Lysacek's road to Sochi starts to get serious

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Thank you, I didn't even think I was being Anti-Evan, just realistic. I would suppose Evan's sponsors know exactly what is going on. He might have the very best of intentions.

I do hope upon hope, that USFS will pull their head out of their rectal cavity and STOP with this 80s ice king and queen mentality. How embarrassed were they when Alissa Czisny was chosen for the coveted top two spots for Wordls12? I thought the judging was HORRENDOUS at the nationals. HORRENDOUS. And so as the ambassador of the US who was only given two spots to the Worlds, Alissa did not manage ONE (ONE!!!) clean jump in both her programs. This is one of the top two the USFS has to offer at the World Championships???? Alissa had TEN jump passes combined in her programs, and she was 0/10!!! I know Alissa graduated from college, so I wonder how she'd feel if she got a 0% on a final exam, not because she didn't show up, but because she DID and couldn't do it.

And yeah yeah, "Icy", the only thing that impressed me about Evan was his work ethic. I root for those athletes. And he lays it down when he needs to. I wasn't a fan, but I did respect his commitment. I'm not a hater, puhleaze.

I respect everything in this reply. But you said I called you a hater. I never called you a hater. Others in this thread like the person that almost immediately replied to me (no not you sweetskates1), are the type I'm talking about. Not you. :)

SkateFan66

On the Ice
But IcyEdges, you've missed the point. He's not going to Sochi. We know he's not unless he's suddenly going to magically pop up at this competition on December 10 and earn his TES. And when he doesn't have that TES before Nationals then I don't expect him to show up at Nationals.

The DEADLINE to enter the Ukrainian Open is December 10th. The competition is December 18-21.

Icey

Record Breaker
Hurry and get here December 10th. Are there any here of the mind he will register for that event knowing he doesn't plan to show up for it?:eek::sarcasm:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The DEADLINE to enter the Ukrainian Open is December 10th. The competition is December 18-21.

I appear to have made an error there - I thought I understood that the Ukrainian Open was the 10th. Apparently it is not. It matters little because Lysacek will not show up anyway and that is his last chance. And I doubt he will go to a Senior B RIGHT before Nationals. It is under a month until the first day of Nationals begins.

And really - is he really so arrogant as to presume he can come back after four years away and just waltz onto the Olympic team, ahead of younger, better skaters who have all been doing the hard yards around the international scene? Even Plushenko was not so presumptuous as that!

And IcyEdges, don't flatter yourself by imagining that I follow you around GS.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
I appear to have made an error there - I thought I understood that the Ukrainian Open was the 10th. Apparently it is not. It matters little because Lysacek will not show up anyway and that is his last chance. And I doubt he will go to a Senior B RIGHT before Nationals. It is under a month until the first day of Nationals begins.

And really - is he really so arrogant as to presume he can come back after four years away and just waltz onto the Olympic team, ahead of younger, better skaters who have all been doing the hard yards around the international scene? Even Plushenko was not so presumptuous as that!

Lysacek did not 'assume' that he could wait four years and waltz back on to the Olympic team. That is why he started training full time several years ago. That is why Lysacek had two competition programs ready for last season (Poeta & S&D). Unfortunately the groin injury & the surgery to repair the torn abdominal muscle kept him from competing.

When I spoke to Evan in July, he stated that he was pain free and was looking forward to competing again. Unfortunately, in late August, Evan suffered a slight abdominal tear and a torn hip labrum. Both injuries are painful injuries that required downtime from training. Evan has undergone physical therapy and has resumed training. However, time is the enemy... It is doubtful that Lysacek will be healed enough in time to compete. If Lysacek does not compete, it will not be from lack of desire and effort.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Concerning internet, we are all nobodies commenting on a forum and not all people know the inside situation of a skater, thats why there is speculation, most of us are simple fs fans. The board is for discussing.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am speculating but I think we would have seen more of Evan had he not been so injured. I feel like we are waiting fro the withdrawl. But EVan is a competitor and you never know but he is OGM champion something Patrick or Dai will never be or most likely won't be.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty

Karne, keep assuming you know everything. :rolleye: And you following me around would hardly be flattery, you shouldn't talk yourself up like that. Besides, that's hardly what I was referring to with my previous comment anyway.

Also, I wouldnt call the younger skaters "More talented". And in reference to calling Evan Presumptuous, just NO. Don't even go there.
Re: Plushy. Plushy didn't have to be "presumptuous" he already knows he has a free pass to Sochi. Are you kidding me?!

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Concerning internet, we are all nobodies commenting on a forum and not all people know the inside situation of a skater, thats why there is speculation, most of us are simple fs fans. The board is for discussing.

Exactly. My point with the "nobodies" etc was that not everyone can be an insider, and also its fine for "simple fans" to discuss but the bashing needs to stop.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Lysacek did not 'assume' that he could wait four years and waltz back on to the Olympic team. That is why he started training full time several years ago. That is why Lysacek had two competition programs ready for last season (Poeta & S&D). Unfortunately the groin injury & the surgery to repair the torn abdominal muscle kept him from competing.

When I spoke to Evan in July, he stated that he was pain free and was looking forward to competing again. Unfortunately, in late August, Evan suffered a slight abdominal tear and a torn hip labrum. Both injuries are painful injuries that required downtime from training. Evan has undergone physical therapy and has resumed training. However, time is the enemy... It is doubtful that Lysacek will be healed enough in time to compete. If Lysacek does not compete, it will not be from lack of desire and effort.

Thank you Skatefan66 :agree:

Icey

Record Breaker
But he could still compete at Nationals for a place on the world team, couldn't he, even though he would not be eligible for the Olympic team---- so all his effort is not in vain.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But he could still compete at Nationals for a place on the world team, couldn't he, even though he would not be eligible for the Olympic team---- so all his effort is not in vain.

He needs TES minimums for Worlds too.