Lombardia Trophy 2013 (Milan/ITA) Sept 19 to 22 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Lombardia Trophy 2013 (Milan/ITA) Sept 19 to 22

IleK

On the Ice
Valentina used to include the flip in her programs during both the 2010-2011 and the 2011-2012 seasons, then she never actually attempted it last year (excpet Worlds, ehere she popped it), and now she's doing it again, and the edge looked really improved...

Those were her really bad seasons. I remember her always with lutz and salcow in the short and 2 triple lutzes in the long but you should know better about her flip. I am no expert with those edges but I also thought her flip looked pretty good, enough good to include it in her long program. I hope that later we will also see (thanks to the flip) the 2A-3T she did so well at Euros. Uf, couldn't she just be only 18 years old?? It makes me sad knowing this is her last season and she still hasn't shown her full potential.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Those were her really bad seasons. I remember her always with lutz and salcow in the short and 2 triple lutzes in the long but you should know better about her flip. I am no expert with those edges but I also thought her flip looked pretty good, enough good to include it in her long program. I hope that later we will also see (thanks to the flip) the 2A-3T she did so well at Euros. Uf, couldn't she just be only 18 years old?? It makes me sad knowing this is her last season and she still hasn't shown her full potential.
Well, the 2011-2012 had a very good result: 8th at Worlds, her best placement there so far and a very respectable place for a skater of her level...

IleK

On the Ice
Yes it was, but it was also the last competition of the season. Until that things didn't work quite good, she was still adjusting to her new training conditions, I remember her saying to Jason after a really bad competiton, I think it was a GP, that she needs more time. And Worlds that year was the "easiest" one, even if she could have deliever the same this year she couldn't have placed in top 10. This is why I regret she didn't go to Jason sooner. We could see the change in her skating but as she said she needed more time. After that, she had that 4th place at GP last year. Things were going the right track.