Australian figure skaters | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Jaimee always looks really dejected after her skates. I hope she can find some confidence and get back onto the Australian International Team.

Great skate for Jessinta. Sad that she didn't keep her third place position.

Taylor is doing quite well! Great program to Avatar Soundtrack and costume to match.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Taylor was quite good! I was impressed.

Unfortunately, my stream broke just as Brooklee was coming on, and I missed the first part of her program. I'll have to catch it on youtube later. What a killer of a score!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee Han is our National Champion

102 points in the FS and a total of 161 points

GF2445

Record Breaker
Brooklee reigns as National Champion for the first time. Wins by 62.30pts.

Podium Results
1. Brooklee Han VIC *She is our best female skater in recent Australian History. Some Very generous marks though. Technically, they were generous but her Presentation in my opinion was judged correctly by most of the judges. 161.42
2. Taylor Dean QLD *I really enjoyed her Avatar Program and a better skate from her 99.12
3. Jaimee Nobbs WA- *Good Skate for her. She needs to own her program more though and get that confidence up. 89.47

Special Shout outs to Karuna Henderson and Jessinta Martin- Fantastic Skates from them today

Click Link Below to see the Event Protocols for the Free Skating Event.
http://isa.org.au/Results/2013_AFSC/AFSC2013_SeniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
Well, that settles the dispute over who gets the sole Lady's spot for Olympics... who am I kidding. Court of Arbitration for Sport is probably going to have a skate-off and a pie eating contest to decide who gets the spot.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Difficult Skate for Matthew Dodds.

Flamenco Routine for Cameron Hemmert of NSW. Good Start.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Nessun Dorma Turnadot the music for Andrew Dodds.
Great start
3Lz+2T+2T clean
2A
3F- Slight Hand Down
Very interesting positions in the spin- good speed
3Lz- Very Good
Change Sit- Well Done
Shame...sit down on 3F
Hold On- 3S+2T
2A- Hold On!!!!
2S
Nice Steps- including a spiral
Great Spin to finish!

...Great Skate from Queensland's Andrew Dodds. Maybe a ticket to Taipei for Four Continents maybe in order for him.

GF2445

Record Breaker
102!!! Well Done Andrew! Now it's Mark's Turn.

I always like Mark's programs. Jazz music a little bit quirky

Strong start

3A (Over rotate but clean)
3T combo- very good
3Lo (Stumble)
Spins-ok but needs more speed
2 Footed on the flip but still upright
Good on the 3S combo
Always nice on the steps.

I prefer Mark's presentation of his program over Andrew but his technical mark was a little lacking today so I'm not sure if he can hold on to third position. He will need 94.96 to take the lead. Maybe....

This is the best I have seen him skate that program.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really admire the Brendan has two quads in his FS, but maybe just one clean Quad would be sufficient for him- stick to the quad toe.

I like the new routine- I like the french music>>If he can work on his choreography, that will be great (maybe a smile or something cute, eye flirts etc. to fit the character that the musics demand.)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good skate from David. Love the edge to edge to edge jump at the start (3S+1Lo+3S).

There were some errors.

We need to wait for the scores but I don't think it will be quite enough. IMO his presentation aspect of the performance wasn't as strong as Brendan's. We need to wait and see.

My Goodness these men are really pushing the quality of men's skating up in Australia

Four of the men scored over 100pts. for the Free Skate!

Podium Results
1. Brendan Kerry NSW 179.33
2. David Kranjec QLD 173.83
3. Mark Webster NSW 156.62

Click Link Below to see results for the Free Skating Event
[Currently Not Available]

GF2445

Record Breaker
It was great to see Rhiana and Thomas nail those twizzles. Three sets of them!!! Well Done