Australian figure skaters | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
I have heard rumour that Brendan intends not compete in Japan

Its a shame if the rumour is true but if he needs to skip worlds to rest, reflect and fix his current situation, i think it would be a wise move. I hope he still has the desire and fire to compete for the long run.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have heard rumour that Brendan intends not compete in Japan

That would make me very sad, but if he needs it to fix his current issues, so be it. It's been a very long season for him, remember, it started all the way back in August.

But Kranjec at Worlds would not be too bad :) I :love: him too!

GF2445

Record Breaker
That would make me very sad, but if he needs it to fix his current issues, so be it. It's been a very long season for him, remember, it started all the way back in August.

But Kranjec at Worlds would not be too bad :) I :love: him too!

I do really enjoy his skating. It has a little old school style charm to it which is nice to see. He does not have the minimums for worlds though. The minimums for worlds are much higher than the Europeans, 4CC or the Olympics. Something to work on for the future.

About Brendan's season beginning in August. Maybe pushing Skate Down Under back until September instead of August will make a significant difference as it begins later. Also, if the competition is held later, it might mean that more skaters from overseas will think about competing in Australia.

nam57

Rinkside
What happened to his miracle California transformation? Maybe he needs someone that could focus on him. All their skaters seem to suffer from too many to really do it syndrome.

Scatcat

Rinkside
I do not believe David Kranjec could go to Worlds, skaters have to have a required technical score for short and long. Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?

GF2445

Record Breaker
I do not believe David Kranjec could go to Worlds, skaters have to have a required technical score for short and long. Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?

Brooklee and Dani/Greg have the scores but David does not at the moment. One day.
He needs about 5 more points for each program and he has them.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OT slightly but does anyone have a link to the version of "Nothing Else Matters" that Brendan used for his SP? Even though it's now a sad song for me, I still remember its beauty that day at Skate Down Under, and I actually really love that version. But I've tried dozens of Youtube searches to no avail!

GF2445

Record Breaker
OT slightly but does anyone have a link to the version of "Nothing Else Matters" that Brendan used for his SP? Even though it's now a sad song for me, I still remember its beauty that day at Skate Down Under, and I actually really love that version. But I've tried dozens of Youtube searches to no avail!

Hey Karne. The rendition of nothing else matters was performed by david garrett on violin. There are videos pm youtube with him performing this live but i have not found a recording het.

Best of luck searching. Ill also keep my eye out for it for you.

GF2445

Record Breaker
What happened to his miracle California transformation? Maybe he needs someone that could focus on him. All their skaters seem to suffer from too many to really do it syndrome.

I think its a case of burn out for this season. It has been going on for around for 8 months far for him which is crazy long!

I Brooklee Han was the only Australian to qualify with scores for Worlds last year. Does anyone know if David has the scores?

Brooklee han is not and has never been an Australian. She is an American whose father has an Australian passport. She is an American skater who competes for Australia. But please don't call her Australian.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Brooklee han is not and has never been an Australian. She is an American whose father has an Australian passport. She is an American skater who competes for Australia. But please don't call her Australian.

As you know, she has dual citizenship, so she is both an Australian and an American.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hey Karne. The rendition of nothing else matters was performed by david garrett on violin. There are videos pm youtube with him performing this live but i have not found a recording het.

Best of luck searching. Ill also keep my eye out for it for you.

You are wise and knowledgeable. For I have found what I seek! :bow:

It can be downloaded on BigPond Music, but you have to pay for it. Because I have internet with them, I now possess it! *covets*

GF2445

Record Breaker

Didn't we all agree to leave it until next season?
This is one dead horse flogging too far! Every possible argument or issue raised by this 'saga' has been thought of and mentioned appropriately.

If it interests you, i have attached a copy of the report of the hearing from the court of arbitration for sport between the Apallant- Chantelle Kerry and respondant party- ice skating australia relating to the ISA eligibility of Brooklee Han.

There is nothing else to say now that is at all remotely insightful, thoughtful, meaningful, interesting, refreshng or worth mentioning or listening to about this matter now. If this matter is still bothering you, take it to the next forum because this issue has become nothing short of a buzzkill subject. Most of us are just not interested about this anymore because the facts have already been established.

Now can we get onto something more positive and worthwhile about Australia Figure Skating?

http://www.tas-cas.org/d2wfiles/document/7265/5048/0/Award20341520_FINAL_internet.pdf

GF2445

Record Breaker
As of Mar 18, Brendan Kerry's name no longer appears on the Worlds entries list.

Sad to hear but I think he needs to get that focus back. To think that he scored 192 points this season...and he has quads as well as a focus to work on the second mark in the works! My goodness, if he can use his rest wisely and get his mind refocused I think a new and improved Brendan Kerry will emerge!

can'tsk8

Rinkside
Such an offensive comment! She has a father who is third generation Australian! not just a passport holder!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Saitama Worlds next week! Whose excited?
I'm really interested in now the competition is going to play out, with some large names not coming? Who is going to shine and be part of the future scene? How are our Aussie Reps going to stack, especially in the dance?

In all honesty there could of been 10 more teams competing in Sochi- Any team who finished in the high teens and lower in Sochi are in danger because there are teams wanting vengeance for missing Sochi.
Nations include Estonia, Switzerland, Finland, Georgia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Denmark, Israel, Belarus and the list goes on and on!