Australian figure skaters | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Boniboy

Rinkside
Lol good to know that Boniboy clearly has made a 2nd account. Joined the same day I made that comment and waiting a week to make a post. Very subtle. :laugh:

Bianca your actions clearly indicate you have malicious intent towards one particular junior skater and their family - I think the message is clear here - lots of people read this forum so don't fool yourself. Everyone should just wish ALL the skaters well and stop this pointless comparison and nastiness. I have to wonder why you are so fixated on proving your point - this must only be coming from a place of insecurity !

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
Bianca your actions clearly indicate you have malicious intent towards one particular junior skater and their family

Can you please stop being so dramatic. I've said nothing malicious about anyone and especially not their family ?? For some reason you think I have some personal vendetta against Amelia Jackson ? :confused:I was the one that said she deserves 2 JGP's. So I'm definitely supporting her and I hope all the Juniors skate well. The only thing I argued is that Amelia doesn't have clean consistent triples jumps so she won't score as high as someone like Holly who has consistent triples. That is fact, and certainly not malicious.

snsd

On the Ice
Those junior ladies that are irrelevant to competitive skating anyway, I don't understand how you continue to argue over them.

We have some skaters competing at internationals in the next 2 weeks, lets talk about that.

How do you think our ice dancers are going to go at the Lake Placid International coming up at the end of this week? Which ice dance team should go to the qualifier in September?

Then we have Asian Open, with a big team going. I dont think anyone will have a chance at making a podium at any level with this competition normally getting a few japanese and korean skaters attending. How do you think the team will go?

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Boniboy why you gotta do personal attacks all the time. Bianca Del Rio didn't say anything wrong. What she said is factually correct. Jackson CAN'T do consistently clean triples. Saying that is not being "malicious". She hasn't said anything negative about Jackson. And i agree with her that Amelia should have received 2 JGP's because except for Holly she is a fair way above the other Junior girls technically. That is a positive thing to say.

Boniboy

Rinkside
Boniboy why you gotta do personal attacks all the time. Bianca Del Rio didn't say anything wrong. What she said is factually correct. Jackson CAN'T do consistently clean triples. Saying that is not being "malicious". She hasn't said anything negative about Jackson. And i agree with her that Amelia should have received 2 JGP's because except for Holly she is a fair way above the other Junior girls technically. That is a positive thing to say.

Now that all the members of your family are posting it's easy to try and water down what is basically an ongoing attack on highlighting the faults of one skater. By stating that she should have got Two JGPs is not being nice - it's actually fact as the results are there. No other skater on this forum has been shredded this much going into competition whilst the mistakes and faults of others are completely overlooked and ignored. You all can gloss over it anyway you like but the wider community sees it exactly for what it is and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Below is the provisional competition schedule for the upcoming ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating of Brisbane.

THURSDAY AUGUST 24
Competition for the day begins at 2pm

Ladies’ Short Program
Men’s Short Program

FRIDAY AUGUST 25
Competition for the day begins at 2pm

Short Dance
Men’s Free Skating
Men’s Medal Presentation & Victory Ceremony

SATURDAY AUGUST 26
Competition for the day begins at 12pm

Ladies’ Free Skating
Free Dance
Ladies' Medal Presentation & Victory Ceremony
Ice Dance Medal Presentation & Victory Ceremony

PLEASE NOTE:
No gala exhibition has been scheduled for this competition.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
ISA has announced that the following athletes are scheduled to represent Australia in the upcoming ISU Junior Grand Prix of Brisbane.

LADIES
Amelia Jackson
Jordan Lazarus
Serena Xu

MEN
Darian Kaptich
James Min
Guiseppe Triulcio

DANCE
Joanne Cho & Jake Meyer
Jessica Palfreyman & Charlton Doherty

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
This week Team Australia heads to the United States for the Lake Placid Ice Dance International.

We will be represented in the senior dance category by:

Matilda Friend & William Badaoui
Kimberley Hew-Low & Timothy McKernan
Adele Morrison & Demid Rockachev

Competition runs from July 27 - 29.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Why no senior grand prix assignment for Katya and Harley? Are they doing juniors again this year? I really enjoyed them at Worlds/JW and was looking forward to seeing what they can do on the senior grand prix after winning JW.

snsd

On the Ice
This week Team Australia heads to the United States for the Lake Placid Ice Dance International.

We will be represented in the senior dance category by:

Matilda Friend & William Badaoui
Kimberley Hew-Low & Timothy McKernan
Adele Morrison & Demid Rockachev

Competition runs from July 27 - 29.

Should be interesting to watch these teams go head to head early.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Here is the complete list.

ISA has announced that the following athletes are scheduled to represent Australia in the upcoming ISU Junior Grand Prix Series.

JGP of Brisbane
August 21-27
Brisbane, Australia

LADIES
Amelia Jackson
Jordan Lazarus
Serena Xu

MEN
Darian Kaptich
James Min
Guiseppe Triulcio

DANCE
Joanne Cho & Jake Meyer

JGP Cup of Austria
August 28-September 3
Salzburg, Austria

LADIES
Holly Harris

JGP Riga Cup
September 4-10
Riga, Latvia

LADIES
Katie Pasfield

MEN
Darian Kaptich

DANCE

PAIRS
Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

JGP Minsk-Arena Cup
September 18-24
Minsk, Belarus

LADIES
Lucy Sori Yun

MEN
James Min

JGP Croatia Cup
September 25-October 1
Zagreb, Croatia

LADIES
Holly Harris

MEN
James Thompson

DANCE
Joanne Cho & Jake Meyer

JGP Gdansk
October 2-8
Gdansk, Poland

PAIRS
Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

Note: Alexandrovskaya & Windsor will also be competing as senior skaters in the ISU Challenger Series as well.

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
Excited for the full Brisbane entry list to come out. Hope lots of good skaters are coming. The First JGP is usually the hardest don't you think ?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Excited for the full Brisbane entry list to come out. Hope lots of good skaters are coming. The First JGP is usually the hardest don't you think ?

Yeah. Being first off the block is hard.
I really enjoy the JGP that takes place outside Europe. It always has a different feel to it.
Fingers crossed. When are the ISU going to release the entry lists......

GF2445

Record Breaker
Why no senior grand prix assignment for Katya and Harley? Are they doing juniors again this year? I really enjoyed them at Worlds/JW and was looking forward to seeing what they can do on the senior grand prix after winning JW.

I think it came down to ISU rankings. They only have competed one season together, so they do not have as many world ranking points.
I did wish they got one assignment. Also, the moment they compete at a Junior Grand Prix, they will immediately become ineligible to compete on the Senior Grand Prix (new rule). They are in a bit of a lose lose situation.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
JGP Brisbane Entry List is out

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111440.htm

The field is a bit small, some big names (Australia is a little bit far away from anywhere in the world). It should still be a great event.
There are only 10 Ice Dance teams competing here, so Australia is guaranteed "Olympic Team Event" qualification points.

Thank you for this.

About the same numbers as 2011 when Brisbane hosted last time.

Some awesome international names to watch out for in the men's event, including Donovan CARRILLO, Alexei KRASNOZHON, Eric SJOBERG, and Roman SAVOSIN.

Good to see NZL represented in men's and ladies', too.