Australian figure skaters | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good luck to Matilda and William & Kim and Tim for the Free Dance today.
The ice dance race in Australia is still very tight. We still do not have a clear #1 dance team.

In terms of the SD performances today, not too shabby. Its obvious that both teams have worked hard to improve, but there is lots of room for growth. They will need to find ways to get the levels on the step sequences and the pattern dance because that is where the big points are.

Here are the links to their Short Dances

M&W: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4rR69rMjI
K&T: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPb_moFdXIE&t

Also, well done for some great Free Dances. They are quite an upgrade from both teams.

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
Well I think the Asian Open results was a bit of a rough start of the international season. With some uncharacteristic falls and mistakes from Kailani, Andrew and Darian. As well as some disaster skates from Amelia and Stephens/Dodds. Hopefully will get better throughout the season especially those at JGP Brisbane.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations Kailani for a Bronze medal finish at the Asian Open Trophy.
A couple of jumping errors- especially her loop, but nice to see that she is connecting with her new Free Skate.
Also, nice to see that she had less edge take off errors with the lutz- a sign of improvement.

Also, good job James for showing some good fight in his free skate- getting the 3A(<<) out, as well as the triple triple.
Also, special mention to Guiseppe for showing some nice improvement.

Other congratulations to our two medallists in Novice B.

As Bianca mentioned, a very tough competition for Andrew, Amelia, Serena, Darien, and Matthew/Paris, but better next time.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Join aussieSKATES: Figure Skating DownUnder for the excitement, the athleticism, and the drama of the 2017 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Brisbane.

We will be posting practice reports and daily recaps on Facebook from Thursday 24 - Saturday 26 August.

Our Facebook page address is facebook.com/aussieskates

The Finn

Record Breaker
Doesn't Katia & Harley have a fan thread here? I thought I had seen it here but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, they have been assigned to JGP Latvia, so, I guess no GP event for them.

By the way, why does Harley's Insta say his last name is Dahlstrom and not Windsor. His JGP Latvia entry indicates that his last name is still Windsor.

Obviously this is only my opinion but the guy is an *** because he has post pic of his *** on his insta.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Doesn't Katia & Harley have a fan thread here? I thought I had seen it here but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, they have been assigned to JGP Latvia, so, I guess no GP event for them.

By the way, why does Harley's Insta say his last name is Dahlstrom and not Windsor. His JGP Latvia entry indicates that his last name is still Windsor.

Obviously this is only my opinion but the guy is an *** because he has post pic of his *** on his insta.

To know Harley is to love him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

On Wikipedia, his full name is listed as Harley Dahlstrom-Winsor.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Had a check- yes, its the double lutz this season (with the obligitory arms above the head)

Funny that the double axel isn't an option like last season.

I just found out the sp required throw is a double or triple loop. Hopefully that element is more consistent for them this year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd be surprised if the wording was strictly "double Lutz"; the wording is usually "double or triple". Though admittedly in pairs this is very much a moot point, since very few Senior pairs can do SBS 3Lz, let alone Juniors.

I wonder what jump they're substituting in for the Senior SP?

TMC

Record Breaker
Had a check- yes, its the double lutz this season (with the obligitory arms above the head)

Wasn't the Lutz the required jump only two seasons ago? I remember Seguin/Bilodeau doing it in their Grand Budapest programme.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wasn't the Lutz the required jump only two seasons ago? I remember Seguin/Bilodeau doing it in their Grand Budapest programme.

It was. Hmmm......i suppose its the commitees decision
Have they done the flip jump in recent years?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ISA international assignments are updated. Some notes:

- Nebelhorn: Kailani, Matilda/William and Katia/Harley are listed as entries. Brooklee, Kimberly/Timothy, and Paris/Matthew are listed as subs.

- Andorra: FOUR. SENIOR. DANCE. TEAMS. HOLY. WOW.

- Dance in general: absolutely buttloads of assignments, including some for Chantelle/Andrew, which is cool. Looks like ISA are giving everyone a shot at 4CC minimums at least.

- Brooklee and Kailani in alternating CS events - I guess these will have a big say in the actual Olympic selection, as well as Nats results.