Australian figure skaters | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
In other news, our girl Brooklee has drawn to skate last in group 4 of the Ladies' SP.

She is in the same group as the 2 Canadians.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Its back to the drawing board for Brooklee. Im sorry to say, and i feel sad and sorry for her but it's just not good enough.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm most disappointed that I managed to miss Brendan's skate :disapp: Although I can't even get the stream to work on my computer.

However! Stephane Lambiel is obviously watching and was quite impressed and thought Brendan shouldn't have scored higher, which is pretty cool! :D

Congrats Brendan!

And as I type the stream suddenly springs to life.

And then I discovered there's an official stream I can watch through eurovisionsports.tv and I managed to catch his program, very good indeed - although the Triple axel almost went awry! And I thank him for using music without lyrics for his skate.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I'm most disappointed that I managed to miss Brendan's skate :disapp: Although I can't even get the stream to work on my computer.

However! Stephane Lambiel is obviously watching and was quite impressed and thought Brendan shouldn't have scored higher, which is pretty cool! :D

Congrats Brendan!

And as I type the stream suddenly springs to life.

And then I discovered there's an official stream I can watch through eurovisionsports.tv and I managed to catch his program, very good indeed - although the Triple axel almost went awry! And I thank him for using music without lyrics for his skate.

I'm secretly hoping the Stephane will invite Brendan to be part of one of his shows...

GF2445

Record Breaker
I am sort of shocked that Brendan will be skating in the same warm up group as Josh Farris and Maxim Kovtun.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am sort of shocked that Brendan will be skating in the same warm up group as Josh Farris and Maxim Kovtun.

Oh and that should have been should've scored higher in my last post...

And yeah Maxim started off great and then fell off a cliff. But this is great for Brendan and Australia! I hope he does really well...we haven't had a promising men's skater in aaaages it seems (I'm thinking Anthony Lui from the early 2000s!)

Baxel

Rinkside
Brendan was fantastic. That quad toe looked so easy.
He looked less uptight than he has before.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I'm still trying to assimilate the fact that Brendan's TES was higher than Josh's, and that he's only half a point behind Kovtun.

I have a really good feeling about tonight!

hidekimotozua

Rinkside
Missed the entire event last night since I was out drinking. But man, I'm just glad Brendan finally broke his PB. I was getting worried he'd still be sitting on his 2 year old PB. Here's to hoping he breaks 130 and beyond for his LP. :dance:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Missed the entire event last night since I was out drinking. But man, I'm just glad Brendan finally broke his PB. I was getting worried he'd still be sitting on his 2 year old PB. Here's to hoping he breaks 130 and beyond for his LP. :dance:

Yeah. He has worked alot on his technical score. To hit the next level, its all about two things- mental strength and the presentation score.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well our figure skating season is done for team AUS.

Couple of comments:

-Men's skating is probably our strongest discipline.
-Brendan has improved so much technically, yet his second score needs growing- he has very good Skating Skills (Stephane Lambiel mentioned it on twitter) but his choreography could be more convincing. His mental resolve has also somewhat improved- he does need to still work on how to stay calm in the free skating as he was only able to do 1 of his 3 combo passes.
-James Min does us proud.
-New rivalry in ladies'. Kailani has progressed, Brooklee has taken a tumble but now they can both reset. I recommend all new programs Brooklee as her SP hasn't really swam this season and her FS is already 2 seasons old. Both need more speed to do the jumps. Kailani needs to get the jumps around and Brooklee needs to think of upping the Tech difficulty.
-Pairs needs more time to develop. Some solid results for Paris and Matthew
-We have 2 or 3 young ice dance teams. Time for them to grow.

Time to focus on synchro worlds in less than 2 wks.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I have exciting news! I went ice skating today and there was a poster on the door to the rink advertising a show that's coming there on 16th April.

They've called it Champions on Ice and Brendan Kerry among others will be there! I'm definitely buying a ticket. I've never been to an ice show before so I'm looking forward to it. :popcorn:

If anyone else is in Sydney and is interested here's the website, apparently you can call to request tickets as well as buy them at the rink.

(Man, my photo didn't come out as well as I hoped! :hopelessness:)