Australian figure skaters | Page 95 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

Possum Glider

Rinkside
More Ice Dance Couples-
Chantelle Kerry trialling with one of the Dodds boys, mmmmm wonder where that would put Matilda and William in the pecking order.
Interesting to see Dani and Greg putting in some training sessions over the past couple of months.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, what can I say?! Big congratulations to Katia and Harley with the GOLD MEDAL! This is just AWESOME!!! :clap:

GF2445

Record Breaker
More Ice Dance Couples-
Chantelle Kerry trialling with one of the Dodds boys, mmmmm wonder where that would put Matilda and William in the pecking order.
Interesting to see Dani and Greg putting in some training sessions over the past couple of months.

Great to see Chantelle still skating. She has an elegant quality to her skating which could work really well in dance.

Also, what Dani and Greg are what??? Hmm....we need to see how this may turn out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What a Junior Worlds this has been so far! It's been raining PBs! And now a history making gold!

Holly will skate her FS tonight at about 7:30pm AEDT. Fingers crossed for another PB to round out the collection!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Overall, this year was a great year for Australia at Junior Worlds. Not just in pairs, but throughout all the disciplines.
For Holly, what a great first showing from her. I hope that she will continue to excel in her training environment.
For Ekaterina and Harley, onwards to Helsinki- then looking to creating fantastic programs which will drive them to improve next season.
For James, I am excited to see how he will develop- i hope he will have more opportunities to compete next season, and finally break the top 24 at Jnr. Worlds
For Matilda and William, a big step up this season, as well as improving their worlds placement by 5 ranks. Looking forward to seeing how both grow as skaters to be faster, more powerful, and connect.

Maybe we need to continue to invest in Pairs and Ice Dance- keep finding skaters domestically to pair up, as well as look for skaters from overseas to come together and make a large skating program.

:)

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Maybe we need to continue to invest in Pairs and Ice Dance- keep finding skaters domestically to pair up, as well as look for skaters from overseas to come together and make a large skating program.

Thanks to Katia and Harley's win, Australia may have the opportunity to send three pair teams to next year's junior worlds, should they have the necessary TES.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I think many people (and not even fans of the AUS pair) were hoping to see them on the podium, but not really thinking it could actually happen... and they actually managed to finish ON TOP. What an accomplishment, they can be very proud of themselves, I am too! :cheer:

GF2445

Record Breaker
It has been three days since they won and still NO major news outlets other than the ABC and SBS (via online article) and The Australian (which I don't read) have picked up on it.
Football rules the TV screens again

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It has been three days since they won and still NO major news outlets other than the ABC and SBS (via online article) and The Australian (which I don't read) have picked up on it.
Football rules the TV screens again

I'm rather fuming about it. Nine has a freaking "sports sunday" show which was in the perfect zone to mention it but of course it was all footy and cricket. Fat chance of that getting a run. And Fox Sports has no excuse, they are supposed to be a proper sports channel, they have pages of channels, you'd think they could have squeezed it in somewhere.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
At least I saw a mention on Facebook with the Australian Olympic page. Winter sports in general get little coverage in Australia.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm rather fuming about it. Nine has a freaking "sports sunday" show which was in the perfect zone to mention it but of course it was all footy and cricket. Fat chance of that getting a run. And Fox Sports has no excuse, they are supposed to be a proper sports channel, they have pages of channels, you'd think they could have squeezed it in somewhere.

This is sad, but not totally unsurprising. Team USA won a world championship in biathlon a month or so ago. It is a sport I loosely follow, just because I think it is interesting. USA is NOT a power in this sport, so a gold medal was something of a shocker and significant to the development of the sport in America. Cherry on top, a silver medal in another race.

I only know because of a very short blurb on ESPN's Olympic site. I saw NOTHING is larger mainstream outlets.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Good to see Holly from just beginning of JGP events.(I think she will, becuz most of federations tend to put their most incredible skater into the JGP they hosted..right?) I like her very much:luv17:

Yes, I'm sure she will! What a cutie she is! :love: I also very like her music's choices and dresses. Here is 2015 and 2016. She is like a little princess. :)

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
2017 World Figure Skating Championships
Team Australia’s Planned Program Content

Brendan Kerry / Short Program

Quad Toe Loop
Triple Lutz / Triple Toe Loop
Change Foot Camel Spin
Triple Axel
Flying Sit Spin
Step Sequence
Change Foot Combination Spin

Brendan Kerry / Free Skate

Quad Salchow
Quad Toe Loop / Triple Toe Loop
Change Foot Camel Spin
Triple Axel / Double Toe Loop
Choreographic Sequence
Quadruple Toe Loop
Triple Axel
Triple Flip
Flying Sit Spin
Triple Lutz / Half Loop / Triple Salchow
Triple Loop
Step Sequence

Alexandrovskaya & Windsor / Short Program

Triple Twist Lift
Side By Side Triple Toe Loops
Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift
Throw Triple Flip
Side By Side Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Backward Inside Death Spiral

Alexandrovskaya & Windsor / Free Skate

Triple Twist Lift
Side By Side Triple Salchows
Side By Side Triple Toe Loop / Double Toe Loop / Double Toe Loops
Throw Triple Flip
Group 5 Axel Lasso Lift
Side By Side Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Throw Triple Salchow
Choreographic Sequence
Group 5 Reverse Lasso Lift
Backward Outside Death Spiral
Group 4 Lift
Pair Combination Spin

Kailani Craine / Short Program

Triple Flip / Double Toe Loop
Step Sequence
Triple Loop
Double Axel
Flying Sit Spin
Layback Spin

Kailani Craine / Free Skate

Triple Flip / Triple Toe Loop
Triple Lutz / Double Toe Loop
Triple Loop / Half Loop / Triple Salchow
Triple Flip
Triple Loop
Flying Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Double Axel
Choreographic Sequence
Double Axel
Layback Spin

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That looks like my cue to present THE TIME CONVERSIONS

Please remember that Daylight Savings ends...in the middle of the FD. *facepalm*

WEDNESDAY MARCH 29th
1840-0030 - Ladies SP

THURSDAY MARCH 30th
0210-0700 - Pairs SP
2010-0140 - Men SP

FRIDAY MARCH 31st
0255-0600 - Pairs FS
1900-0000 - Short Dance

SATURDAY APRIL 1st
0200-0600 - Ladies FS
1850-2300 - Men FS

SUNDAY APRIL 2nd
0035-0400 - Free Dance
2200-0030 - Gala

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Kailani Craine looked very sharp this morning at the 2017 World Championships.

During her practice, Craine was fast, focussed and strong.

She skated a solid short program run - through, with only a slight turn - out on the triple loop.

Having observed all 37 ladies in action, we feel that if Craine skates as well as she did this morning, she has an excellent chance of making the final 24.