Australian figure skaters | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Alexandrovskaya & Windsor used this practice session as an opportunity to block their free skate.

They skated most of the elements except the jumps, and some of the choreography, which Katia and Harley worked on after their run - through.

They both look ready and prepared for the competition.

TMC

Record Breaker
I snuck out today to watch Katia and Harley, and they are looking SO good! I saw them at Finlandia and the difference from then to now is more like 6 years' worth than 6 months. I mean really really super!

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Australia's Alexandrovskaya & Windsor will start second in Group One for tomorrow's pairs' short program.

They will need to skate a clean program in order to put pressure on the remaining teams to qualify for the free skate.

As the new World Junior Champions, they have the skill, confidence and experience to make this happen.

We wish them well.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Anybody have links for the coverage or where they'll be streaming as I don't see Sbs Australia doing anything yet?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Go to SBS on demand and click the sports link- it should be there.

Well Done Kailani. She made it and is slotted to finish 22nd in the SP.

Also, I usually nag about the Australian commentator but I feel that when he is not constrained to the highlights format, he seems to do alot better.

On a side note, Fuji TV is evil for claiming copyrights for things it does not own.

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
My goodness, by the skin of their teeth Katia and Harley made the Free Skate. This is unfathomable!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kailani finished the SP in 19th place with 56.97, a new PB, and Ekaterina and Harley are in 16th place after the short with a new PB of 62.03. The cut-off for making the pairs free skate was 10-15(!!) points higher this year than it has been in recent years so making the free is a huge accomplishment. The cut-off for ladies was higher than normal too by 5-10 points so double kudos for Kailani too!

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Australia's Brendan Kerry skated not only a season's best, but a career best short program.

Performing flawlessly to 'Singing In The Rain', Kerry has comfortably qualified for the free skating.

Australia is really bringing it to these championships. All of our skaters have produced their absolute best.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Very Happy for Kailani for making the free skate. What a great accomplishment, making the free skating round.
Unfortunately, she could not secure an Olympic Spot here today, however, I am confident that she will be ready to qualify at Nebelhorn.
Also, fingers crossed to see if Kailani can find herself a Grand Prix assignment somewhere next season- we need her for Grand Prix points if Australia wants to make the team event.

Fingers Crossed that Brendan will receive a spot.
Waiting for Nebelhorn can be the worst feeling sometimes.

Last edited:

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
2017 World Championships
Day 4 - Men's Free Skate

Today in the men’s free skating final, Australia’s Brendan Kerry brought a very high level of commitment to both the technical element and program component aspect of his performance.

Carrying a small injury leading into this event, Kerry focussed less on multiple quadruple jumps and instead, sold the artistry of his Pirates of the Caribbean routine to the rafters. Also, much to the delight of the audience, they loved that he started his skate wearing a cheeky grin.

Kerry has trained harder than ever leading into the event and with that, earned personal and career best scores for his short program, free skate, and overall.
The great news from here is that the twenty - two year old has qualified Australia a spot at next year’s Olympic Winter Games.

Moving forward, this event has been one of the best ever for figure skating in this country.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just to let everyone know, on Thursday April 20th (ignored the first sentence that says 21st - that's from last year) Brendan and a bunch of other Aussie skaters will skate at Macquarie Centre Ice Rink (the one I go to! :biggrin:) in Sydney will have it's annual fundraiser Champions on Ice.

I've gone for the past two years and it's always a great night! Last time I even got Brendan's autograph - I think I tried to say something about enjoying his programs, but my usually loud voice failed me. :laugh:

But anyway here's the info: https://www.macquariecentre.com.au/be-involved/whats-on/events/2017-champions-on-ice

Good to see you can buy tickets online this year, before you had to buy them at the rink (cash only) before the event or on the actual night.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congratulations to Brooklee on her silver medal at the Triglav Trophy! :cheer: :cheer:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Fan Arguing: I really hope that Aussie federation to give Holly 2 tickets for next JGP season!! :p Last season, they only give one ticket to Holly and I think it's because they only have 3 at ladies category. But Holly was really good when even she was a novice, so I want to argue that they had given Holly 2 tickets also in this case... Before 16-17 season, she already surpassed other girls, but the federation decided to divide tickets as 1-1-1... I cannot understand this part. :slink: Is that the Aus federation's traditional way to divide tickets?
Anyway, now as I know, they have 5, thanks to Holly, and additional 2 tickets are given more because they host one JGP event. So, total 7! I will feel really weird if they won't give 2 to Holly next season. :roll9:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Fan Arguing: I really hope that Aussie federation to give Holly 2 tickets for next JGP season!! :p Last season, they only give one ticket to Holly and I think it's because they only have 3 at ladies category. But Holly was really good when even she was a novice, so I want to argue that they had given Holly 2 tickets also in this case... Before 16-17 season, she already surpassed other girls, but the federation decided to divide tickets as 1-1-1... I cannot understand this part. :slink: Is that the Aus federation's traditional way to divide tickets?
Anyway, now as I know, they have 5, thanks to Holly, and additional 2 tickets are given more because they host one JGP event. So, total 7! I will feel really weird if they won't give 2 to Holly next season. :roll9:

Not to worry, with this many spots, I predictth great certainty Holly will surely be given two assignments.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not sure if I should make a new thread, but I'm at Macquarie Ice Rink ready for the Champions on Ice show that have every year!

Brendan Kerry and Chantelle Kerry are here! :cheer: