Australian figure skaters | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GF2445

Record Breaker
Does anybody know how the federation is going to decide who will go to Nebelhorn? I thought Brooklee had been struggling for the last couple of seasons, but her FS at 4CC was fantastic. On the other hand, Kailani was having hard time in the second half of this season.

That is a very good question because both skaters are quite equally matched. Kailani is slightly technically stronger, yet Brooklee is slightly stronger with performing.
They will probably announce it next season, so we need to wait. If the skating federation post anything, i'll make sure I repost.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Prayer circle for Harley and Katia to make it to the Olympics next year :ghug:

Hope so too. They have a good chance though.

The teams they are up against are
-The Czechs and former World Junior Champions Duskova & Bidar
-North Koreans Ryom & Kim (depending if they are allowed to compete in South Korea)
-Austrians Ziegler/Keifer
-Japanese- Suto/Boudreau-Audet--- they wont be able to compete at the games because Audet cannot get Japanese citizenship, however, they will likely compete at Nebelhorn to try and secure Japan a Pairs quota- which will then get passed onto another Japanese pair.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
That is a very good question because both skaters are quite equally matched. Kailani is slightly technically stronger, yet Brooklee is slightly stronger with performing.
They will probably announce it next season, so we need to wait. If the skating federation post anything, i'll make sure I repost.

Four Continents was interesting for both skaters in that Craine skated the better short, and Han skated the better free, placing the better of the two overall. Craine went to worlds, registered a personal best short and qualified for the free skate, but again, struggled somewhat in the free.

Will they need to pre - qualify at Hollins or Winter Sun, or will choosing which skater going to Nebelhorn be decided on overall results from 2016/17?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Four Continents was interesting for both skaters in that Craine skated the better short, and Han skated the better free, placing the better of the two overall. Craine went to worlds, registered a personal best short and qualified for the free skate, but again, struggled somewhat in the free.

Will they need to pre - qualify at Hollins or Winter Sun, or will choosing which skater going to Nebelhorn be decided on overall results from 2016/17?
Not too sure, but competing at Hollins or Winter Sun will certainly help the selectors.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
News!

Chantelle Kerry and Andrew Dodds have teamed up in ice dance!

Andrew is still competing in singles as well.

Urucubaca

Rinkside
I don't know what to think about Andrew and Chantelle starting their 'Olympic Dream' together. Would be embarrassing to think that they could just waltz in and take the Olympic spot after a couple months of skating.

Surely politics must be on their side. Couldn't ask for a more influential coach. I wonder what the other teams think of it... all cooped up together in Macquarie!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Its great that we have an ice dance program now. Tbh, most of the skaters are at the same/similar level, and its very difficult pick our top dance team with certainty at this time.
We need to see each of our teams competing more.

GF2445

Record Breaker
OWIA released a snippet of a Brendan's SP choreography.
Its truly pee in your pants amazing.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Why Katia and Harley didn't get any GP assignment? They are JW champions and I thought that they would given at least one..:unsure:
And aren't there any chance that they could get a shot later?

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
NO ASSIGNMENT FOR KATIA AND HARLEY.
What a joke............
Every other junior world champion got at least one assignment!!!

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NO ASSIGNMENT FOR KATIA AND HARLEY.
What a joke............
Every other junior world champion got at least one assignment!!!

Agreed, I'm absolutely seething. And there's no way this wasn't a deliberate snub.

brens78 no, we don't have a Katia/Harley thread yet. You could start one if you like.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I don't have detailed reports on the past scores etc. I'm sure someone would be better with doing that :)

Urucubaca

Rinkside
Ice Dance World Standings

Matilda Friend & William Badaoui

Adele Morrison & Demid Rokachev

Kimberley Hew-Low & Timothy McKernan

Pairs World Standings

Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA & Harley WINDSOR

Paris STEPHENS & Matthew DODDS

Synchronised Ice Skating

Ice Storm

Nova

Infusion

Junior Synchro

Iceskateers Elite

Fire On Ice

Majestic Ice

I guess for the most part of the rankings we saw the same results at Nationals, EXCEPT in the Synchronised. Ice Storm generally come last at Nationals. Also, would have thought that Adele and Demid would have higher points.