Battle of the Blades Coming Soon | Golden Skate

Battle of the Blades Coming Soon

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's just announced on the CBC that Battle of the Blades will return in Sept. I am looking forward to the new line up of skaters!

:biggrin:

How wonderful! I am jealous of all of you in Canada and hoping for YouTube links in the very near future. Who are the contestants this year? And who are the judges?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Same format as what we have in the US with So You Think You Can Dance. I hate that.

I think they're also revising the format of Dancing with the Stars in this direction, since there will be no results show. So does that mean that some contestant works like a dog all week and shows up only to be sent home at the start of the show? That's got to be a downer for the other contestants as well as the one eliminated.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think they're also revising the format of Dancing with the Stars in this direction, since there will be no results show. So does that mean that some contestant works like a dog all week and shows up only to be sent home at the start of the show? That's got to be a downer for the other contestants as well as the one eliminated.

that was how SYTYCD did it, but the outcry by fans was so great that now they announce the bottom 3 couples at the start of the show, but no one gets booted off until the end of the night - but the judges are the ones that ultimately choose who goes home, so it works a little easier...

Thanks so much, Golden! I'll give it a try.

I am currently listening to the Sandra Bezic episode of The Skating Lesson, and this morning I watched Katia and Val Bure skate that sizzling James Bond routine from an earlier season. What amazing contributions Bezic has made to skating, and she's still coming up with marvelous ideas.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
First performances were last night. Unfortunately, I can't see the show on the CBC website since it's geo-blocked. I didn't see any recap and only details of a few performances were on the blog. Nothing on youtube. Has anyone in Canada watched it and can give a details? Thanks so much!!!

Here is a recap link from the Calgary Herald blog which Alvyne posted at FSU...

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013...of-the-blades-rocks-out-in-season-4-premiere/

What a great article! Enough detail to make one visualize the proceedings. I'm excited to see that Amanda Evora is there; she's my favorite American pairs skater of the last few years. And Oksana Kazakova! What a treat. I can't imagine how Sinead managed that lift of that huge guy. Clearly a knowledge of physics was necessary. I do hope some of the routines show up on YT soon.

Thanks so much for the link.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Spoiler alert:

Here's a recap from last night's (10/6) show: http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013...st-team-eliminated-from-battle-of-the-blades/

Wish there was a little more details on the programs. Not all include the music the teams skated to. The CBC site doesn't have episode recaps or details on the programs.

I may have to try a suggestion someone had on another thread to watch the show: Set my default country to Canada. I will do this on my spare laptop.....

Antilles

Medalist
On a personal note from the show, it sounds like Jamie Sale had another baby with her new husband. The host of the show, Ron Maclean, made mention of a Samantha, born this summer, when introducing Jamie. I assume he was referring to a new baby. If so, congrats to both of them.