Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy 04 -06.10. 2013

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kento NAKAMURA (JPN)

Dark blue velvet pants and matching shirt. Black double-breasted vest w/ fur trim.

1A
4T - fall
3Lo
StSq
CSSp
3A
3F
3Lz+2T
3S+2T
FCSp
2Lz
ChSt
CCoSp - bit shaky camel

He seems disappointed

Score: 55.88+69.82-1.00=124.70, 192.53 and into 6th

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Douglas RAZZANO (USA)

Music: Turandot Fantasy by Vanessa Mae

Black pants. Shiny white shirt w/ black trims.

3A
2T
3Lz - fall
FSSp
CSp
StSq - bit slow across the ice
3A - hand downs, stepout, no combo
3T+3T - 2nd toe twofooted
3S - nice SE entry
3Lo
ChSt
2A+2T+2Lo
CCoSp

Score: 59.58+68.84-1.00=127.42, 199.31 and into 5th

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Music: Romeo & Juliet by Rota

One piece: black velvet pants. White sparkly, frilly top w/ built-in-gloves. Very Johnny Weir

Virtue/Moir watching solemny

4S
4T
3F
StSq
FCCoSp
3A - lean, hand down
3A+2T
3Lo+2T
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lz - stepout
ChSt - nice Ina Bauer
FSSp
CCoSp

Wow, very strong skate! The program really suits him. There is room for improvement, but I like it better than last year's.

Wilson discussing that he missed the "head looking into the sky and arms out"-choreography. But the quad toe was "nice".

Score: 93.91+87.02=180.93, 265.59 and GOLD!

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Thanks for your views. Always trust the person who was really there :) Lucky you...

Though you and Anna(who was also there) have different opinions on Mirai's program :laugh: Anyways good luck to her and all today.

Well, I agree also with Rami. Mirai showed some good expression and also techinque even though here jumps were < and <<. She has some maturity and even though she wouldn't have that much interpretation this time - she still has it unlike many other skater (like little Julia). I like Mirai's speed, spins and skating skills. She needs to correct her jumps. And I'm sure there will be more expression in bigger competitions.

Let's see how is she today. Greetings from the rinkside again. Hanyu was excellent! Little lack of speed of some jumps but 4S and 4T were awesome!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm not a figure skating expert, *at all*, hardly know anything about the techniques etc., I just watch for the beauty of it all, and the combination with the music, and this... this was just utterly mesmerizing. Wow. Amazing. What a guy.

Icey

Record Breaker
If Mirai had skated well technically, I doubt she would have been bombarded by criticism about her expression.

I wonder what has been done to try to correct her ur problems. I find it hard to believe they can't be solved. Maybe a few months with Krall or someone else.

Poice

Final Flight
I don't like Yuzuru's costume, but maybe it will change as season progress.
Great score and 4S and 4T but....where is his beautiful 3A-3T?! In SP he missed 3A and here both 3A were quite unsure...

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
What is laura up to these days?

Off Topic information: Laura Lepistö is the main coach in the DOI of Finland, which started a week ago.

Willemijn

Rinkside
Where was the passion? Technically great, but
Yes, the last two years Hanyu lost his spark. I find that very sad. If he was such a strong technical skater and he could combine it with joy, good presentation and spark, he would be my favourite.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Poice said:
Great score and 4S and 4T but....where is his beautiful 3A-3T?! In SP he missed 3A and here both 3A were quite unsure...

I thought the second one looked really good - out of a spread eagle-counter, no less!
And the 3A-3T is supposed to be were the 3A with hand down was... it's fine that way, he needs some room to still get better trough the season, after all ;)

And he just introduced a new combination - 3Lz-1/2Lo-3S :)

Kuan

Final Flight
Yuzu was great:love:

I was afraid I could be disappointed in this version of R&J, because I loved his version from 2011/2012. But it was amazing, good music cuts and David came up with good choreography. BUUUT that costume :confused2: :disagree: Don´t get me wrong, the design is just beautiful. But it should be worn by a FEMALE skater. He should lend it to Kostner (she is looking good in jump suits) and get some clothes for men!