Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

cooper

Medalist
Yuna Kim says Adios Nonino is the most diffiult program she's ever done

she said that she was regretful a month after she started working on the program because of the choreography and not a moment when she can take a rest.. and that it is more complex than she originally thought to be..but she said that she's getting used to it and she will do her best..

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20130904_0012333705&cID=10810&pID=10800

-should be interesting..

from the EI event.. her last public appearance.. before Skate Canada

http://image.tvdaily.co.kr/upimages/gisaimg/201309/1378283254_567228.jpg
http://imgnews.naver.net/image/108/2013/09/04/2013090417302419234_1_59_20130904173103.jpg
http://imgnews.naver.net/image/018/2013/09/04/PS13090400432_59_20130904173004.jpg
http://imgnews.naver.net/image/410/2013/09/04/20130904_1378283327.jpg_59_20130904173009.jpg

happy 24th birthday yuna!!!

Mirunna

Record Breaker

Happy 23 birthday :biggrin: (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things :p)
I can't wait to see her LP. I am usually more excited about her Sp's but not now. I am also curious if she'll get a red dress and break the "blue color" curse at last

cooper

Medalist
courtesy from bmelanie

Some quotes from a fanmeet event press conference that Yuna attended recently

On Adios Nonino, her LP program
"I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."

On training
"I train every day from Monday to Saturday, then I take a break on Sunday. But I can't let myself get tired on Sunday, in case it makes it hard for Monday training, so I only take a short break."
"I'm still not sure of how to overcome the hardest moments. I try to think, 'It's hard now, but in time it will be a memory I can look back and laugh at, this too will pass.'"

yyyskate

Record Breaker
..."I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."

Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before. That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point. It alway is a treat to see Yuna try new stuff.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY FROM THE DAY YOU TURNED TWENTY-ONE (according to the Western calendar), YUNA!:hb:

On Adios Nonino, her LP program
"I never thought it would be such a difficult program. The choreography allows for almost no rests during the entire program. When I first heard the song, I was very satisfied, but in a month I immediately started to regret it... The choreography has been complete for a good while now. I'm going to work very hard to perform it well."

I remember her saying something along the lines of this for "The Lark Ascending" as well. :love: I look forward to it, but this time I hope that she will feel like she has done the music and choreography justice, something that she expressed regret at before.

Does this mean that, this LP will include many new choreographic (not generic DW choreography) moves that Yuna has never done before.

That's the reason Yuna felt it is so difficult along with no resting point.

I love how you start with a statement, which is actually a question, and then answer yourself with the "reason" that she'll do what you think she'll do. :biggrin:

But yes, hopefully that program will have nothing to do with the dreadful appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding. Anymore of that and I'll hope that she gets her digestive system checked out. :p

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Happy 23 birthday :biggrin: (I'm the same age as Mao/Yuna, so it's easier for me to remember this things :p)

It is her 24th birthday according to some eastern countries. In South Korea and other parts of Asia, you are already one year old when you are born. So she is both twenty-three and twenty-four years old depending on which system you follow.

willdu

On the Ice
Wicked David Wilson, what did you do to her!

Transitions.... Transitions everywhere.

I'm so excited for this program. It seems as if a lot of skaters in their final year have chosen to go full circle like Yuna bringing back a tango, Mao bringing back Chopin, and Evgeni bringing back all of his programs. I'm sure it will be an amazing blast of the past and will be a great way to send off some of the figure skating greats.

RABID

Final Flight
The more and more I watch "kiss of the vampire" the more and more I like her appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding. And the more I watch it the more chilling her scythe-like reaping of her skating boot becomes. So, I say more appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding!

Happy birthday Queen Yu-na!:laugh:

CarneAsada

Medalist
The more and more I watch "kiss of the vampire" the more and more I like her appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding. And the more I watch it the more chilling her scythe-like reaping of her skating boot becomes. So, I say more appendix/abdomen/uterus-holding!

Happy birthday Queen Yu-na!:laugh:

Uterus-holding? I may have missed it but I don't think she ever reached down that far... But this sounds promising. The last time Yu-na said something was choreographically difficult, wasn't the result her Lark Ascending?

BlackPack

Medalist
Uterus-holding? I may have missed it but I don't think she ever reached down that far... But this sounds promising. The last time Yu-na said something was choreographically difficult, wasn't the result her Lark Ascending?

:laugh: This crotch-grabbing/uterine themes are the IT thing these days, i.e. Tessa in Carmen.

RABID

Final Flight

Gosh, I hope so! Such a heart achingly beautiful program that was.