The future of US Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The future of US Skating

Tove

On the Ice
Faeilla & Scali are so great!!!
just had to agree with those mentioning the italians:D :D

With Weir and Lysacek in the background, there will be more boys saying: "I can do that; I can do that better".

With Jenny, AP, Bebe, in the background, there is a storehouse of first rate US Ladies through 2014.

With I&B and G&L in the background, there will be more Pairs saying: "I can do that"; I can do that better"

With B&A, and L&T leading the way, there has already been a move to improve the state of Dance in America.

I believe all of this has to do with the popularity of the sport as a national pastime. Certainly, Canada, and Russia are long time lovers of figure skating. They have contenders in all four disciplines. Other countries suchas a Japan, China, and other Eastern and Western European countries have their special skaters but not so much in all the disciplines as the aforementioned ones. This, of course, will change in the future.

If you love figue skating, it goes beyone nationalities.

Joe

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think the US is in great shape for the next few years. The Russians seem to be in a decline. The Chinese are going to be very competitive in Mens & Pairs & I look to their Ladies to begin to be heard from. I think we have great depth in Mens: Goebel, Weiss, Weir, Lysacek, Smith, Savoie, Jahnke, Bradley, Pennington, Brauninger. I wouldn't trade the US mens team for any other in the world today. My feelings are the same towards our Ladies. Only the Japanese girls can match our depth. We are the up & comers in Ice Dance. I wish I could say the same for Pairs but you never know when another Sale & Pelletier will suddenly appear. I'm always optimistic & supportive of all the US skaters.:love:

mpal2

Final Flight
I forgot to throw in my gushing for Goodwin and Bommentre! Wow! They have only been together for one season and they look great. They were already on an international assignment in their first year so someone obviously sees potential. I know we are short on dance teams which is why they got an international assignment, but getting the nod over the other new teams and some of the returning, that's not bad at all.

Fossi

Final Flight
If Kwan did not attend Nationals this year Sasha would have won. Many would be "ewwing" and "ahhing" at her presentation despite her two major errors. I am not a huge Kwan fan, but she has something special that even I can't deny.
I think the future lies in Jenny Kirk though. She is amazing. She is the most beautiful US ladies skater right now, and she is has the ability to skate for the audience. She just grabs you and pulls you into the skate. (reminds me a bit of Sarah at times) Skate clean little Jenny, and the World title may be yours.