Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Russian qualifiers and other most important competitions 2013-2014

hanca

Record Breaker
So K/S are out for sure? :cry:

From nationals for sure. Nationals are only in 2 weeks time. I can't imagine how they could possibly be ready. Even if they were able to skate, the missed training time... But they still have 2 months till Olympics.

Country
Russia
So K/S are out for sure? :cry:
Of course.
In interview 01 December 2013 Smirnov told that he does not practicing pair elements and does not know when to begin do it.
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13053.html
December 24 - Pairs SP at Nationals. Of course they may not be ready.
Most probably, they will not be at Euro. Mayde, will not be ready at Olympics. Hope they will be at Worlds.

They have not need to qualify. Hi-level skaters, they will be at Olympics or Worlds if ready.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Of course.
In interview 01 December 2013 Smirnov told that he does not practicing pair elements and does not know when to begin do it.
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13053.html
December 24 - Pairs SP at Nationals. Of course they may not be ready.
Most probably, they will not be at Euro. Mayde, will not be ready at Olympics. Hope they will be at Worlds.

They have not need to qualify. Hi-level skaters, they will be at Olympics or Worlds if ready.
That's sad. Especially because S/K and K/L are both skating very well, so it will be very difficult to be in good shape for Sochi... Hope they'll go to Worlds at least

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That's sad. Especially because S/K and K/L are both skating very well, so it will be very difficult to be in good shape for Sochi... Hope they'll go to Worlds at least

B/L have been less stellar in Paris and Zagreb
S/K are SP headcases, so you never know

Country
Russia
There is unofficial info, that all the JGP Finalists will be at Senior Nationals.
It means that will be added Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich, and only 7 Ladies on results of Russian Cup Events.
Not absolutely reliable info, but most probably it will be so.

Slowdive

On the Ice
There is unofficial info, that all the JGP Finalists will be at Senior Nationals.
It means that will be added Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich, and only 7 Ladies on results of Russian Cup Events.

Neither of the Polinas at Nationals.
Crap.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the heads up!!

hanca

Record Breaker

That would be brilliant. I do think they deserve it. They fought for it. They did great job! Besides, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya and Radionova have been on senior Russian team even when they were not yet senior eligible, based at their results at JGP events and Russian senior nationals. If three JGP finalists are not allowed to compete at senior nationals, they probably won't have chance to qualify to senior team. (not that important for competitions because they won't be eligible, but it is important for acknowledgement of their achievements and possibly about funding too).

Country
Russia
Thanks for the heads up!!
Correction.
On latest info, at SrNats will be Sakhanovich and Proklova.
Sotskova will not take place in SrNats. Most probably, because she wants JrWorlds title, works hard at practice for it and does not practicing Senior FS program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Correction.
On latest info, at SrNats will be Sakhanovich and Proklova.
Sotskova will not take place in SrNats. Most probably, because she wants JrWorlds title, works hard at practice for it and does not practicing Senior FS program.

So who will take Sotskova spot, Korobeinikova, Agafonova or Stavitskaya from the cup events?

Country
Russia
So who will take Sotskova spot, Korobeinikova, Agafonova or Stavitskaya from the cup events?
Nobody knows.
Federation gives 1 to 3 last places not to last pretenders on Russian Cup results, but to them who look good on feferation's view.

hanca

Record Breaker
I think it would be fair to give the last spot to Stavitskaya. She was injured the whole autumn and therefore she could not compete at the Russian cups 1-4 but she competed in the last Russian cup and won it. She should be given the chance to compete at the nationals. Whereas Korobeynikova and Agafonova did not really skate well throughout this season.

On another note, I am surprised that Byriukova competed at three Russian Cups events and they are counting the best two. That's unfair to all other skaters who were allowed only two events. While I am glad that Byriukova qualified, I think same rules should be applied to everyone and this did give her advantage. I think they should have count either the first two, or specify beforehand which two events will count. But considering that she skated well at the last competition, I am happy she will be at the nationals.

Country
Russia
Preliminary entries to Senior Nationals
http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/3199622.pdf (Russian)
All 7 Ladies from GP,
three Junior Ladies from JGP Final (Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Proklova),
eight Ladies on result of Russian Cup Events:
Artemyeva
Kayumova
Shershak
Pervushkina
Shamsutdinova
Maksimova
Biryukova
Agafonova

Substitutes Korobeynikova Stavitskaya.

There is Pluschenko in Men.

Country
Russia
On another note, I am surprised that Byriukova competed at three Russian Cups events and they are counting the best two. That's unfair to all other skaters who were allowed only two events. While I am glad that Byriukova qualified, I think same rules should be applied to everyone and this did give her advantage. I think they should have count either the first two, or specify beforehand which two events will count. But considering that she skated well at the last competition, I am happy she will be at the nationals.
Biryukova is 7th if not to count her 3rd Event. Qualified are first 8, so she is qualified by her two first Events.