JGP Tallinn Cup 2013 Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGP Tallinn Cup 2013 Entries

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I think it'd be a big hassle for the US to shift a skater like Glenn to a second assignment a week after her first, compared to shifting Pogorilaya. The distance travelled is much further if Glenn returned home to Dallas in between as opposed to Pogorilaya travelling back to Moscow.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS put up their assignemnts:

Miller, Pierce, Moore/Klaber, Aaron/Settlage & Budd/Cheban.

Omori w/d.

http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

Shotaro Omori
‏@sho_om
My ankle has not been healing as much as we'd like so my coach and I decided to withdraw from #jgpestonia Good Luck to the rest of #teamusa!
2:24 PM - 7 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/sho_om/status/387327526302797824

Best wishes to Team USA in Estonia -- and to Omori.

ETA, Jason Brown's good-luck message to his compatriots headed to Estonia is too sweet not to share :).

Country
Russia
The list still has Alsu Kayumova... Are you sure Russia has changed their competitors?
Not absolutely, but close to absolutely.

Less than in 24 hours we will know.
Remember that past season at 5th JGP Event Samaril went to "Entries" at tableau from substitutes.

M

mylastduchess

This is one packed competition for the men the top 1-6 jr. worlds last year (excluding Farris and Brown who are Sr. now) are all competing here.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is one packed competition for the men the top 1-6 jr. worlds last year (excluding Farris and Brown who are Sr. now) are all competing here.

As mentioned above, Omori is not competing in Estonia (because of injury).

nam57

Rinkside
Sad for Amber! Seems every year there is a US skater that has a good chance for Final but only gets one event. but Hannah Miller needs a score for JWC I suspect.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Sad for Amber! Seems every year there is a US skater that has a good chance for Final but only gets one event. but Hannah Miller needs a score for JWC I suspect.

I think Amber's was more of a surprise though. Her and Tyler Pierce both have scored similarly in their respective top summer competitions.

Amber's JGP Czech score was 33 points higher than her Nationals score last year and 16 points higher than her highest summer comp score this summer. I don't think they expected her to be a potential contender for the final (if she had access to two spots.)

With the quick turnaround between the Czech Republic and Estonia events, I'm not surprised they didn't switch out Tyler for Amber. I think the logistics would be too difficult and the travel time would be rough.

lcd

Match Penalty
Wow. Cannot believe the Junior Grand Prix season will conclude already this week with this event. Where has the time gone? Best wishes to all of the skaters on that "make the final" bubble.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Qualifications:

Medvedeva (30, 1st + 1st)
Edmunds (30, 1st + 1st)
Proklova (28, 1st + 2nd)
Chen (26, 1st + 3rd)

The only way Sotskova (26, 2nd + 2nd, 332.08) is not in is if Daleman wins (26 with 1st + 3rd) and Turzybaeva gets silver with a score higher than 181.26 (26, 2nd + 2nd, 332.09). This is unlikely as it means Daleman would have to increase her PB by over 30 points. So, Sotskova has clinched in all but this one technicality.

Therefore, that one spot is up for grabs.

Turzynbaeva
- wins, she's in with 28 points.
- gets 2nd, she's in with 26 points as long as Daleman doesn't beat her
- gets 3rd, she's in with 24 points as long as Daleman doesn't get gold or get 2nd with a higher total score or Oba/Sakhanovich don't win (as their 24 would have 1st + 4th as opposed to the 2nd + 3rd)
- gets 4th, she's in with 22 points as long as Daleman, Oba, or Sakhanovich don't win or come in 2nd (Oba/Sakhanovich with higher total scores, Daleman would get in on the points total)
- gets 5th, with 20 points she'd need a higher score than 157.40 to beat Angela Wang in total scores AND for Daleman to come in no higher than 4th AND Oba and Sakhanovich to come in no higher than 3rd

Daleman:
- wins, she's in with 26 points and 1st + 3rd
- 2nd, she's in with 24 points if Turzynbaeva, Oba, or Sakhanovich don't win (as one of the latter two would qualify on the 1st + 4th over 2nd + 3rd)
- 3rd, she's in with 22 points if Turzynbaeva doesn't win and Oba/Sakhanovich don't get second (as 2nd + 4th would beat 3rd + 3rd) or if Oba or Sakhanovich don't win and Turzynbaeva doesn't get 2nd
- 4th, she'd fall out of contention as her 20 points with 3rd + 4th would put her behind Angela Wang's 20 with 2nd + 5th

Oba/Sakhanovich:
- either wins, they're in with 24 points if Turzynbaeva doesn't get silver (Daleman's placement would be a non-factor here based on points)
- either gets 2nd, they're in with 22 points if Turzynbaeva doesn't win (2nd + 4th would beat a Daleman 3rd + 3rd), Daleman doesn't win and Turzynbaeva doesn't get 3rd or 4th with a higher total score over two events, or if the other of the two of them doesn't win
- either gets 3rd, they're out of contention (again, behind Angela Wang's 2nd + 5th)

I don't think I missed anything. No one else is a factor to qualify for that last spot.