11 year old donates money to local PD | Golden Skate

11 year old donates money to local PD

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://www.today.com/news/police-id-mystery-boy-who-donated-savings-10-03-4B11180302

An 11-year-old boy's anonymous donation to his local police department captured the heart of his community and is inspiring others. Police wanted to thank him for it — but first they had to do a little detective work.

Two days after the 12th anniversary of the terror attacks of Sept. 11, a boy walked into his local police station in Greenfield, Wis., and shook more than $10 in loose change out of his bag. He told the woman at the desk he wanted to make a donation to the police, but walked out before she could get his name.

Olympia I thought you would like to read a story like this! :)

Yes, Toni, I like it very much. I know that people used to laugh at George H.W. Bush (Bush 41) for his "thousand points of light" phrase, but I always took to it. The idea that each of us has the possibility of making light is a powerful one. A story like this doesn't just reflect well on the kid (and of course on his parents and grandfather) but on the police station staff who treated the gift with the respect it deserved. Thanks!