Nobunari Oda

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Just saw Oda-san's YMCA routine. WOW. It was good, and I don't mean "good for a 31-year-old". I mean just plain good.

The YMCA spin, wow, I'm pretty sure I'd topple over before even getting just the Y in if I tried that. He really motivated me to work on my spins. :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
Nobu has shared some sad news on his Blog, I hope a resolution can be found and that Nobu can find the right place that will appreciate him. :(
https://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12531037719.html?timestamp=1569803367

I was shocked and devastated at this news. I mean...why did this happen to a nice person like him? I just want to say good job to him for writing a post in English because now international fans have known this news and Kansai Uni and the media can not ignore him and the situation. He cancelled some ice shows due to health issue in spring and I was very worried about him. I hope he'll be able to spend good time with his lovely family and am looking forward to seeing him during GPS on TV. (I like his commentary very much)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
This kind of internal politicking happening in Japanese Figure Skating is what's going to doom it sooner or later and we are seeing first signs already.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I am outraged on Nobunari's behalf and believe every word he says. Shame on the university. Looks like an ousting plot by the middle/lower management and Nobunari's rivals at the rink to me. Judging by experience, the top level like the uni president may not even have known the truth... I hope heads roll for this, because they let a great skater and a popular coach experience such distress. I have a hard time imagining someone wouldn't want Nobunari. Can Howa take him? They do't have any male coach at the moment... Good luck finding a healthy work environment!
And I am very impressed by Nobunari's fluent English!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Am checking in here to extend my warmest hugs to all Nobu fans at this difficult time. :ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug:

lady_bee

Medalist
Nobu opened new YouTube channel yesterday and posted a video he performed Mao's "Piano Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff" .
It's not perfect but still very impressive considering that he had practiced the program only 4 hours:bow:.
And of course, he cried at the end:laugh:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have just been watching Nobu's YMCA programme again, and - also again - it just made me happy.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I haven't thought of Nobu for a long time, I didn't even realise he had a fan fest! I'm glad he does though, he's awesome! :biggrin:

Nobu opened new YouTube channel yesterday and posted a video he performed Mao's "Piano Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff" .
It's not perfect but still very impressive considering that he had practiced the program only 4 hours:bow:.
And of course, he cried at the end
Wow only 3 4 hours?! That was great and what a lovely tribute to Mao 🥰

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Nobunari Oda is unretiring! At 35, after nine years and with four children!
Last summer at Fantasy on Ice, he could be seen polishing his 3A and attempting 4T.
He's just won (if I understand correctly; I don't read Japanese) the preliminary round for the National Winter Sports Festival, with a fall on a 4T? and a clean 3A.
His last competition had been Nationals 2013 on 2013/12/22.
https://hochi.news/articles/20221112-OHT1T51150.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter