Polina Edmunds = better than Gracie? And best USA lady by far?? | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds = better than Gracie? And best USA lady by far??

Icey

Record Breaker
Isn't she too young? If she continues to skate like that, Gracie's reign may be short lived. She works with Frank too, doesn't she?

Krislite

Medalist
Wow! Her jumps aren't as big as Gracie's but I would say she actually hears the music and is much more "graceful". Very elegant at such a young age. :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie jumps better, but is miles behind when it comes to performing.
I wasn't impressed by Polina when I saw them side by side 2 years ago. I thought she was middle of the pack forgettable. I hope I'm wrong.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually she is eligible. Her birthday is May 18, 1998, which means she beats the cutoff by two months.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
No. She's only 15 years old. But that means she'll be 19 by PyeongChang.

Lower age limit is that the skater must be 15 by the July 1st prior to the season in which to compete in Worlds/Europeans/Four Continents/Olympics. Polina was 15 on May 18th, 2013. She makes it by a bit more than a month. She's eligible.

Krislite

Medalist
Actually she is eligible. Her birthday is May 5, 1998, which means she beats the cutoff by two months.

Thanks! I don't think she'll make it to Sochi, though, unless she skates like this and the top girls make mistakes.

thinspread

On the Ice
Gracie jumps better, but is miles behind when it comes to performing.
I wasn't impressed by Polina when I saw them side by side 2 years ago. I thought she was middle of the pack forgettable. I hope I'm wrong.

From what I saw in that video, in some aspects her jumps look better than GG's, technique-wise. Actually, I think she may develop into a very solid and consistent jumper, if she survive changes in her body.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From what I saw in that video, in some aspects her jumps look better than GG's, technique-wise. Actually, I think she may develop into a very solid and consistent jumper, if she survive changes in her body.

Actually Polina sometimes tries to muscle her jumps with her upper body which isn't a good thing. Plus unlike Gracie she's prone to under rotating her jumps which Gracie has never had a problem with.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
of course Polina is eligible, Julia is eligible and she is also 15 years old born in June 4
as long as your birthday precedes before July 1st must turn 15 already

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that was lovely!

She still has a bit of "coltish" look, but what a wonderful prospect!

You can't always judge by video, but her jumps looked big. And a sense of musicality!

meem

On the Ice
Thanks for the video. Polina's skating style reminds me of Alissa C...very elegant, into the music. Who does her choreography?