Flatt comeback plans-- heading to Cup of Nice | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Flatt comeback plans-- heading to Cup of Nice

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
While I do not personally like Rachel's skating, I do admire her. This is someone who achieved more than she should have given her abilities and deficiencies. I will be rooting for her in Nice.

This. Not at ALL a Flatt fan but if she has the money and desire she is certainly entitled to keep skating competitively at whatever level she can and for whatever reasons she wants to. I don't see why this is all causing such a stir. It's her business and hers alone at this point, and I also think you'd be hard-pressed to back up an assertion that she's longing for the figure skating limelight. The last interview I saw from her was published in a Stanford publication run by her classmates.

You said it! Good for Rachael that she wants to continue, and I'll look forward to seeing her compete.

skatel80

On the Ice
This. Not at ALL a Flatt fan but if she has the money and desire she is certainly entitled to keep skating competitively at whatever level she can and for whatever reasons she wants to. I don't see why this is all causing such a stir. It's her business and hers alone at this point, and I also think you'd be hard-pressed to back up an assertion that she's longing for the figure skating limelight. The last interview I saw from her was published in a Stanford publication run by her classmates.
ITA with you here, This comeback has given me nothing but admiration for Flatt, and she has already competed this season with no fanfare and no big announcements, and did quite well, got a sp somewhere in the mid 50s IIRC and did a 3f and 3lo. She has every right come back competing and I cant wait to see the programs she choreographed by herself!:clap:

bump

Match Penalty
Ugh, please no. She's not a terrible skater...just completely and utterly unremarkable.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder if Rachel wants to do it her way and that's why she choreographed her programs and wants to show the world or is this a money issue or is this simply bad strategy and she should recycle old but professionally created programs?

That's a nice article, full of Flatt's personality. The one thing I'd contest in it is the comment that Rachael "faded to seventh" at the Olympics. She didn't fade. It was just that everyone else skated so splendidly that night that six people came in ahead of her. It wasn't one of those situations where a skater falls all over the place. She skated very well but not as spectacularly as six other people, on one of the greatest nights of ladies' Olympic skating ever.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No big whoop, but GS can hold our own with FSU :yes:. This thread already had a link to the same article in post #42 on page 3. Great minds ;) ...:

The important thing is that Flatt has admirers everywhere. :) :bow:

My poor old brain can't keep up with where I'm reading stuff :laugh:! I do agree that Rachael did very well at the Olympics...not a bad competition at all. Wishing her the best this season.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2010 olympics were amazing for ladies. Rachel did just fine but everyone raised their game.

That's why i'm worried that Sochi is going to be a disappointment in Ladies. I can't see the skating in the final group in Sochi being as good as it was in Vancouver. We are probably due for a splatfest. Just look at 2002 with the top Ladies compared to 1998.

tulosai

Record Breaker