Carolina Kostner's Opera on Ice program | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner's Opera on Ice program

jiggs

On the Ice
I was there live, the entire show was magnificent! Caro's second number to "Va pensiero" was even more mesmerizing, it was so quiet you could hear a needle drop. Only very bad quality video out there so far but waiting for a better version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHVQ6ag8Bo

This was the third edition of this show, I hope they will keep doing it once a year!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wow, that is something only Carolina Kostner can do. I was totally mesmerized! Brava!

I agree. She's becoming a very special skater. She reminds me of the best skaters in past era.
I wonder who choreographed these numbers. People should hire them to choreograph their competitive programs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh Wow that was fabulous! There is a reason why Caro's fans call her the "Goddess on Ice". :bow:
Thanks FF for sharing the video clip!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for sharing this! Carolina is amazing!

Do you happen to know what synchro group was?

Unfortunately for me, I can't hear Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours without hearing Allan Sherman singing Hello Muddah Hello Faddah over it though :slink:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't need to say that I adore Carolina ;) but this program was so :love:, incredibly refined and mature! And, she's one of the few skaters who still performs good scratch spins!!

LauraV

On the Ice
That was lovely. Thanks so much for that link.

I am a big fan of Carolina's - love her long lines, extension, elegant posture on the ice. And this was a treat because it's nice to see her doing spins that aren't contorted to gain COP points, but just lovely, clean spins that show off her beautiful carriage.

lcd

Match Penalty
Interesting that there is such a production being put on at this time in the season (so close to the competitions). Would think it would be difficult normally to get prominent cast members to commit (unlike during say, the spring or summer).

jiggs

On the Ice
The show is open air in an old amphitheatre - it was 27°C during the day in the end of September this year there and they had a hard time cooling the ice (there was still a lot of water on the ice at 8.30 when th Show began). I think the timing of the show has a lot to do with that. It would be impossible in the summer ... Maybe spring yes, but not summer.

BTW, here is a HQ Version of Carolina second number "Va pensiero" :love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC5H271tC8Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvvA1ffJZkGHb_6S_qsMH3g

eleonora.d

On the Ice
I believe there isn't much choice really. The arena of Verona, which is probably the main reason why the show is so great, has a crazy schedule, they have back to back different opera productions, which are really complex to organise, and even pop music concerts. I don't think they even have one more week end left to reschedule opera on ice during the season, let alone the weather/ice issues etc.