Courtney Hicks | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, both at the end of her SP and FS!

Oh, I just adore that! The last time I saw her FP was in the GP, so that isn't as fresh in my mind - I heard her Nationals FP didn't go so well, so I didn't want to watch it. Her Nationals SP just... blew me away though. And so that end spin is very vivid in my mind. I remembered seeing it before of course, but - it still made my jaw drop. Just.... Ultra-Cool.:)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Oh, I just adore that! The last time I saw her FP was in the GP, so that isn't as fresh in my mind - I heard her Nationals FP didn't go so well, so I didn't want to watch it. Her Nationals SP just... blew me away though. And so that end spin is very vivid in my mind. I remembered seeing it before of course, but - it still made my jaw drop. Just.... Ultra-Cool.:)

ITA! That spin is very unique and cool. :cool:
While I am not sure this spin in her LP would suit to Anna Karenina music with her elegant white costume, perfectly suits to her Code Name Vivaldi SP methink.

Love love love this girl's huge jumps on she's on! :rock: Hope she will get more consistency on her jumps next seasons. :)
Courtney, along with Gabrielle and Liza Tuk, are the ones who are most exciting to watch for me among female skaters right now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
deedee1, totally agree! I love huge jumps in the ladies event-hence a big fan of Midori Ito and Julia Sebastien!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oooohhh that is exciting news! Rohene is the out-of-the-box choreographer, perfect for an out-of-the-box skater like Courtney!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Oooohhh that is exciting news! Rohene is the out-of-the-box choreographer, perfect for an out-of-the-box skater like Courtney!

Pretty much my thoughts. I suspect he will be able to come up with stuff that works for her and would only work for her. Plus I am looking forward to seeing him do more of an athletic program. I am sure it will showcase her athleticism in a very unique way.

Khoai

Match Penalty
Rohene is a good choreography, maybe she can finally have good package overall and medal at GP and National.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene is busy - he's also working with Mariah Bell and I would assume Jason.

I am excited to see what he comes up for Courtney. I don't think her programs have played to her strengths necessarily. I hope he helps her with her lines and posture.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Rohene is busy - he's also working with Mariah Bell and I would assume Jason.

I am excited to see what he comes up for Courtney. I don't think her programs have played to her strengths necessarily. I hope he helps her with her lines and posture.

And I believe a new SP for Jordan Moeller. He already did a new long for Tyler for Junior Worlds, I would not be shocked to see a new SP from them as well.

Yes, he is busy, and likely will continue to be busy for many years to come. Even if the 7k skaters crash and burn and Kori runs off to join a cult, i think Rohene can get regular work as a choreographer for the forcible future.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And I believe a new SP for Jordan Moeller. He already did a new long for Tyler for Junior Worlds, I would not be shocked to see a new SP from them as well.

Yes, he is busy, and likely will continue to be busy for many years to come. Even if the 7k skaters crash and burn and Kori runs off to join a cult, i think Rohene can get regular work as a choreographer for the forcible future.

I think also all this choreography business (and his coaching work) has allowed Rohene to settle down in one place. Prior to that, he spent a lot of time abroad touring with ice shows.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think also all this choreography business (and his coaching work) has allowed Rohene to settle down in one place. Prior to that, he spent a lot of time abroad touring with ice shows.

I noticed that as well. No mentions of Holiday on Ice this year. I'm happy for him. He has a gift and seems to have hit his stride to turn it into a career. Good for him. Not many people can say "I coached two of the top ten ladies in the nation last year!" and he can.

Courtney is an interesting paring, but I am thrilled to see it.

LRK

Record Breaker
I've good hope that Rohene will give Courtney a program that will bring out the best in her and utilise her strengths, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.:)