Courtney Hicks | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yes, Courtney is still around! :biggrin: Saw her tonight at the DuPage Open competition at Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills, IL. I didn't see her SP, which was last night. Tonight she skated her FS to the Nutcracker Pas de Deux. Program was a little rough around the edges which is to be expected this early in the season. Some jumps were doubles which I'm sure will be triples once the Grand Prix is here.

It was hard to take photos / videos with the annoying plexiglass, so here's just a couple second video clip. https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/1025960662353301507

Thanks Arriba! Even in that brief clip, she looks somehow...smoother and more graceful?

By the way, for those of you who aren’t familiar with Kori’s coaching, her students typically debut programs with at least some double jumps until they’ve mastered choreo.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Arriba! Even in that brief clip, she looks somehow...smoother and more graceful?

By the way, for those of you who aren’t familiar with Kori’s coaching, her students typically debut programs with at least some double jumps until they’ve mastered choreo.

The highlights of the evening were definitely Courtney and Bradie. I'm sure some people would think "Oh no, warhorse alert" when they hear that her program is the Nutcracker Pas de Deux, but she seemed very "into" the music. There was a lovely smoothness to her skating, and I was amazed at how fast she went from one end of the rink to the other. That makes perfect sense that they start out with double jumps while they're making the choreography their own and as they start to build some muscle memory. Anyway, it's still early. Currently her first GP assignment is NHK which isn't until November, and if she should get the Sk Amer TBD spot, that's Oct. 19. Not sure if she's doing any Challengers...I wish her all the best for a good season!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Courtney skated to the Nutcracker Pas de Deux music.

faithnfigures

Spectator
Apparently she has a new sp now, and has only had it for 2 weeks. I can’t find video; what is the music?
I looked up this information of Google and here is the official listing for Courtney's Short Prorgram music: Nocturne (from "La Califfa" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone, performed by Yo Yo Ma

I found great joy from Courtney's programs at the Challenger event at which she skated recently. After discovering Timothy Dolensky, Courtney is the second skater who really grabbed my attention. Her commitment to faith and her explosive jumps have got me hooked. I follow both skaters on twitter now and I can't wait to see their performances as the season continues. I think her "Nutcracker" program could be a true crowd favorite at Nationals and, I don't know about others, but for me the whole thing brings back so many memories of Christmas that I think crowds will really find it joyous.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m really looking forward to her seven nation army free skate, I love that song. But what is her coaching situation? What are her plans for this season? It’s been very quiet on her front for a while now and I’m curious.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I’m really looking forward to her seven nation army free skate, I love that song. But what is her coaching situation? What are her plans for this season? It’s been very quiet on her front for a while now and I’m curious.

A couple of days ago she announced a coaching change in her IG. She will work with Christy Krall and train full time at Ice Hall. She's also very excited about the upcoming season:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1NCM8GJ6gS/

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I really hope this will work out well for Courtney and that Christy Krall can help her develop consistency with her jumps. I don't think we've seen the best that Courtney can do, and it would be sad if her full potential were unrealised.