The skater with the best outfit (s)!! | Golden Skate

The skater with the best outfit (s)!!

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I think Ashley Wagner definitely has the best outfits of the last three years, very characteristic with his character and the music played, this season continues to surprise with its beautiful peach colored suit ... WAGNER DIVA! would be good for several skaters follow in his footsteps!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Peach is a very hard color to pull off. Coral a bit easier. Ambrosia better yet. The skin coloring and all can make yuo looked washed out. Not sure what the dress for R and J had to do with R and J. Peach is light and frothy but as the color can wash you so can it the program - there is an art to dressing - color, cut, fabric and style. I think at best there should be a mixed reaction to this dress but certainly better than what the Canadian girl Osmond has been seen in - there is a girl who needs help - the cut is so bad on her. AShley is very pretty but this dress says wash out sometimes you need color to help punctuate your visiblity ie red or cobalt blue. Wine or red with gold. Empire wasited and chiffon if you want a lighter jiliet or if you like th eslip dress what about cobalt and gold though the slip dress is kind of ubiquitous. Michelle Kwan did it well with the help of Vera Wang of course. I like it better than heavy velvets which some juiliets have done - think ice dancing.

loopy

Final Flight
For this season:
I loved Julia's lp dress at Finlandia - shows you don't have to look sexy on the ice. A very elegant look. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07EVgR5dNN0Jq/610x.jpg

Kiira Korpi always looks sophisticated.

Sasha Cohen's dresses still look timeless. She also had incredible makeup. She packaged up nicely. (Doesn't hurt that she is naturally beautiful).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yuna Kim - she always wears glittery and sparkly dress
Carolina Kostner - love her in pants and unitards
Julia Lipnitskaya - she has unique costumes and love all her gloves
Kiira Korpi - very elegant dress

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Akiko Suzuki - I'm obsessing over her Phantom FS dress at the moment
Alissa Czisny
Yuna Kim

I agree that Ashley's dresses for last few seasons have been good. However I still can't decide if I like or hate her in yellow, as in her S&D dress. Is her R&J dress actually considered peach? It looks like a light red to me. Love it or hate it, it certainly has gotten a lot of discussion. Ashley should be pleased. I personally like it a lot. Julia Lipnitskaya's FS costume was perfect. She's quite a pretty girl now that they've softened her look. Elizaveta needs to get rid of those black tights. I can't wait to see what Carolina Kostner comes up with, especially for Scheherazade. Mao's SP dress (the one-sleeved one) that she wore for the ICE is surprisingly gorgeous. Not too keen on her FS dress. What's really scaring me this season so far are Taka's and Yuzu's FS costumes. I actually didn't mind Maxim Trankov's yellow pants. Now if he would just bling them up with peace signs and flowers.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think Ashley Wagner definitely has the best outfits of the last three years, very characteristic with his character and the music played, this season continues to surprise with its beautiful peach colored suit ... WAGNER DIVA! would be good for several skaters follow in his footsteps!
No, as others have noted, Akiko Suzuki is the best.

Ashley Wagner's dresses are nice, but she doesn't always pick the best colors and they can be a bit overdone sometimes.

Other well-dressed ladies: Kiira Korpi has gorgeous dresses and other ladies would do well to follow her example - relatively simple cuts, not a ton of ornamentation, vibrant and sometimes unusual colors. Really well done. Yuna Kim has had some lovely dresses, though last season's were so-so. But the Bond Girl costume was to die for. For those fond of the more traditional/Disney princess look, nobody does it better than Meryl Davis. Tessa Virtue has had some great dresses. Nathalie Pechalat tends to have really cool costumes that I doubt anyone else could wear, like her Circus dress. Anna Cappellini (and Luca Lanotte) have the cutest costumes, I so loved their SD ones last year and the La Strada ones two years ago. Further down the ranks, I really like the costumes for Sara Hurtado (and partner Adria Diaz) the last couple of seasons.

The men and pairs have disappointed me in recent years, especially the trend toward black being the new black among the men. Although if color means Trankov's yellow pants, I'll take the monochromatic podium from the SLC senior B.

thinspread

On the Ice
Carolina Kostner - I can't remember a bad outfit on her.
Yuna Kim - All her senior dresses were nice, except Tango de Roxanne and early version Miss Saigon, I liked the later one for 2008 Worlds though.
Sasha Cohen
Alissa Czisny
Shizuka Arakawa - She had unique taste and some radical choices. I liked some of them.
Katia Gordeeva

thinspread

On the Ice
well, one more strike, dear, and you would be out. ROTFL

Then stop changing signs and show me the pitch. Speaking of Kostner, I don't know any skater who would have a better look in unitards. Her outfit luisARG referred to as "camel t*e" was STUNNING when seen live, if your eyeballs were working on the whole, not on her crotch. I'm not even a Kostner fan, but calling it what it is.

IMO, Kostner's costumes over the last TWO quads were as good as anybody's, on par with Sasha Cohen's, generally speaking. Criticizing Kostner's costumes and praising Suzuki's? Give me a break. Her dress, image linked to as Akiko by Buttercup, was a psychological terror directed to Asada, the way I see it. Remember Arakawa and Ando dressed themselves in Kim's Gershwin-esque blue dresses in a same Japanese domestic exhibition event right after Vancouver? Same kind of thing. Well, I guess it worked for Suzuki, since she won WC bronze that year while Asada finished 6th. I won't further comment on her other dresses referred in the Buttercup's post, though I liked her programs in some of those.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not a big fan of the unitards or tights instead of pantyhose/flesh. They have a tendancy to add bulk or just not look particularly graceful - maybe I am old fashion.Korpi is always divine but she is so beautiful so she can make a burlap sack work lol, Kwan, Cohen, Bobek, Butyrskaya, Trenary and Manley in their days all were well dressed. I really am not impressed with Kostner and I find Tessa's dresses look rather hohom and too long usually - Meryl is way better. Scott Hamilton had hideous disco crashed into track and field outits. Just bad - should have been docked a mark or two, Suguri's latter outfits were what not to wear. Kim is usually elegant; Mao sometimes looks like she went through a grinder and they just threw things at the carnage hoping it would stick.

loopy

Final Flight
I am not a big fan of the unitards or tights instead of pantyhose/flesh. They have a tendancy to add bulk or just not look particularly graceful - maybe I am old fashion.Korpi is always divine but she is so beautiful so she can make a burlap sack work lol, Kwan, Cohen, Bobek, Butyrskaya, Trenary and Manley in their days all were well dressed. I really am not impressed with Kostner and I find Tessa's dresses look rather hohom and too long usually - Meryl is way better. Scott Hamilton had hideous disco crashed into track and field outits. Just bad - should have been docked a mark or two, Suguri's latter outfits were what not to wear. Kim is usually elegant; Mao sometimes looks like she went through a grinder and they just threw things at the carnage hoping it would stick.

That is true about Kiira. I was standing beside her not sure of who she was and could not help but stare. When I figured out who she was I wondered how someone can make workout wear and a pony tail look beyond amazing.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Carolina in 2012 was named "camel toe" kostner!!! THAT WASN´T A GREAT OUTFIT FOR HER!

OMG i just spilt coffeee all over my desk.... coffeee down my chin.. :laugh: The things I learn from GS.