Didier at Bompard? | Golden Skate

Didier at Bompard?

DIDICE

Spectator
Do you think that Didier are going to make the TEB? Instead of Gilleron-gory:confused::confused:
I want to see her skating !!:)

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I would love to see Candice Didier also at TEB instead of Gilleron-Gorry :)

Does they can replace Gilleron-Gorry by Didier at this point ?

After all, at french master 2013, Candice have beat Lenaëlle, she would deserve more the TEB spot in my opinion :

Senior Ladies

1 Maé Bérénice MEITE 92.90 44.49 50.41 6.50 6.17 6.17 6.25 6.42 2.00 #3
2 Candice DIDIER 82.04 39.16 43.88 5.75 5.17 5.42 5.67 5.42 1.00 #2
3 Lénaëlle GILLERON - GORY 74.94 35.08 41.86 5.67 5.00 5.08 5.33 5.08 2.00 #

Overall
1 Maé Bérénice MEITE 153.26 1 1
2 Candice DIDIER 133.79 2 2
3 Lénaëlle GILLERON - GORY 126.67 3 3

Knowing the French Fed, they won't replace her. But they definitely should. Didier has beaten Gilleron-Gorry twice so it's only fair.

DIDICE

Spectator
Great come back !! Good Lp :love:

I think too that Candice Didier deserve more the TEB spot than Gilleron-Gorry …

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Although the FFSG has been known to engage in various shenanigans with skaters' assignments, a GP assignment, once given, is meant to be final (barring medical problems and the like). It is not supposed to be taken away because another skater might have skated well in early season events. That's what TBD spots are for.

My understanding is that Silete had surgery again a few months ago. I don't know where things stand with her recovery.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Isn't there that Mete lady anyways? sorry I don't remember her name at all. Didier has it tough if she wants to go to the olympics but I understand people have dreams.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Isn't there that Mete lady anyways? sorry I don't remember her name at all. Didier has it tough if she wants to go to the olympics but I understand people have dreams.
"That Mete lady" is really disrespectful to Maé Bérénice Méité, even if you don't remember her name it's still possible to phrase things in a less dismissive way. When I'm not sure of a skater's precise name, I check Wikipedia for events they would have competed in. Méité was 11th at Worlds and recently finished 6th at Skate America with a score of 167.35, which I believe was a PB and puts her well ahead of the other French ladies. Some people felt she was undermarked, and she's improving; I could see her score higher by the end of the season. I'd be very surprised if anyone else gets the Olympic ticket.

Although the FFSG has been known to engage in various shenanigans with skaters' assignments, a GP assignment, once given, is meant to be final (barring medical problems and the like). It is not supposed to be taken away because another skater might have skated well in early season events. That's what TBD spots are for.

Host spots are entirely at the discretion of the organising federation. There is no rule to prevent them from re-assigning those.

And I would disagree with you on this issue in general, as well. Korobeynikova is a very good example. She showed up to a Russian Cup event in terrible shape (2toe/2toe and 3lutz landed forward on two feet in the SP), scored badly there and the Russian Federation decided to pull her from CoC, which was definitely the right decision.

USFS please take note. The travesty that was C. Zhang competing at SA should have never been allowed to happen.

and Anaпs VENTARD did beat both. :)

This girl really deserves more respect. The French Federation didn't even consider her for the TEB spots this and last season because she only has two triples but at least she is landing them with decent consistency. And as far as presentation goes, she's one of the most interesting skaters out there and an incredible performer as well.