Who are the campiest skaters? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who are the campiest skaters?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ross Miner campy? To me he screams "vanillllllllllllllllllllllllllla!" But I always get a chuckle when someone posts something that isn't completely gushy over Plushenko. Plushyfan breaks all speed records posting with a challenge! Bwahahaha.
I did? :eek:: Probably :biggrin: But in this case you misunderstood me, because I really don't understand what is "campy". When I started to understand what is campy I read other examples , and ruined the whole thing. Tarasova is campy with her furs but campy is Plushy's Asissai program, too. I can't see any similarity. I think,that the campy doesn't mean the same thing even for the English native posters, so I will accept the explanation of Olympia.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Elvis Stojko. His kung fu nonsense and other representations of skating machismo were an embarrassment. He was so demonstrably anti-campi that he was the campiest of them all. ;)

Well if Stojko was camp it was very organic - it wasn't an act it was him. I am not sure he was camp in my definition; Boitano would be camp because his was so put on - taught by Sandra Bezic t o get him Olympic glory and it worked. those stares, the flick of the head - he could be a soap opera star lol.