Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Madi and Zach's free skate at US Classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVocl6U0t7w

I must say, as much as I love them, I struggle to see this as anything but a step back from last year. I quite like the music selection (minus the voiceovers,) and there are some good bits in there (footwork during 'Kissin You' and new lifts!!!), but the theme and packaging just doesn't quite fit. Obviously it's really early in the season and I will give it a few more competitions before any definitive judgment, but I am starting to be concerned. After all, the post-Olympic season is where there is potentially the most movement in the rankings, and I wonder where this will be at the season's end.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Tastes differ I guess because I love this FD from them and clearly they both do. I wasn't a fan of their blues last year. The RD is a bit harder for them but I think things will come together nicely for them. Their interpretation and performance skills are just so spot on. I hope they have a great season.. Looking forward to the rest of the Gadbois posse.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
I loved their tango. Not my favorite music choices, but I forgot about it watching them, great choreography, filled with cool details and they're so strong and fast and O-M-G! They were skating so close together at some points! Loved it already.

Now, when I read the music for the FD I was very much NOT excited, but I really liked the program, and it will only get better. It is both very different from their most usual stuff, and yet it's very much their own version of that different style.

Not sure I'm making sense, my little grasp on the English language slips away easily but, YEAH!

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Madi and Zach, and I'm so pleased that they had a great weekend, but I hope their FD music grows on me. I feel like I've entered a weird purgatory where I can still enjoy figure skating, but it's always to the soundtrack of Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio voiceovers [emoji85]

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I liked the FD a lot better the 2nd time I watched it - the emotion/performance side works pretty well for me, and I do think they captured the youthful energy of R&J. I don't love the voiceovers, but they don't bug me either. I think the ending pose could be changed, and they lose some energy in the middle there, but overall I like it.

And I really enjoyed the Tango.

Artistry

On the Ice
Madi and Zach's free skate at US Classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVocl6U0t7w

I must say, as much as I love them, I struggle to see this as anything but a step back from last year. I quite like the music selection (minus the voiceovers,)

Yeah, I agree.
Except- I find the music really unmoving too, on top of the distracting voiceovers. I predict this will not be received well over the season. Even if they are technically perfect, the music doesn’t go anywhere.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yeah, I agree.
Except- I find the music really unmoving too, on top of the distracting voiceovers. I predict this will not be received well over the season. Even if they are technically perfect, the music doesn’t go anywhere.

I love it but tastes differ.

Bcash

Final Flight
It looks better than at US Classics: more details and accents are coming out. Love the flow. Still looking to see more clarity in the structure and arc of the program. In terms of step construction and execution, I think they are steadily progressing. Artistically this FD still needs to adjust and grow.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone was interested, here's my 1080p fancam of their SCI RD Thursday afternoon practice (sorry for the wait, but the competition and the crazy-long commute left me exhausted each night)---I sat in the second row from the boards: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wc3rx

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Happy birthday to Madison! :cheer: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer:

The videos in the OP all work, at least for now!

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes their FD.