Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

blancanieves

On the Ice
So what do you think of their FD this season? I admit to being disappointed. I just don't think this is the program to move them up the US podium (and maybe it won't even maintain their 3rd place). I can see the progress they have made in their lines and extensions since moving to Canada and that is good. I adore their SD, just wish the FD was more real and not so contrived.

Well, I love the theatrical, dramatic direction. They never repeat themselves from year to year, so I anticipated something like this could be next in their repertoire. To me, the concept isn't contrived, it's poetic. A lost soul (Zach) calls upon the angel of death (Madison) to end his misery, but she decides it's not his time to die.

It's apparent that they were still getting used to post-Champs Camp changes at this competition, but I'm excited about the way the choreography is developing. I think the program is a great vehicle to show off their interpretation and power especially, but also complexity, elegance and beautiful quality of movement. Their skating skills are put on display, gorgeous glide and deep edges.

As far as who will rank where at Nationals, I have no clue how to have an opinion about programs I've yet to see. I just know that H/D look to be on a good path, healthy and on track in terms of preparation.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I'm a big fan of these two, and I really love their SD this season despite all of its controversy. I tried to count and it does seem to have a Ravensburger beat... do you think they'll get a music deduction at TEB?

Barb

Record Breaker
I have not idea about music deduction, some team has gotten deduction this season? But I love their SD, and I hope they changed at least the costumes of their FD.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I have not idea about music deduction, some team has gotten deduction this season? But I love their SD, and I hope they changed at least the costumes of their FD.

THere has been a lot of speculations about music deductions, but to my knowledge only one team has gotten a deduction this season, and it was for their FD not for the SD.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
THere has been a lot of speculations about music deductions, but to my knowledge only one team has gotten a deduction this season, and it was for their FD not for the SD.

I remember three teams: Kim/Minov, Nazarova/Nikitin and Ippolito/Preiss. However, Kim/Minov and Ippolito/Preiss received deductions for their second rhythm, and Nizarova/Nikitin got only 1 pointe tempo violation deduction. As far as I know, no one actually received a music violation deduction for their waltz, despite that many teams skate their RW patterns to very questionable music.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I remember three teams: Kim/Minov, Nazarova/Nikitin and Ippolito/Preiss. However, Kim/Minov and Ippolito/Preiss received deductions for their second rhythm, and Nizarova/Nikitin got only 1 pointe tempo violation deduction. As far as I know, no one actually received a music violation deduction for their waltz, despite that many teams skate their RW patterns to very questionable music.

Wow, thanks! I missed all of those :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Poor Kim and Minov were hit twice and are on their third SD set of music. And they are trained by Svinin and Zhuk, the coaches of Stepanova and Bukin, who should be well-informed.

It does look like they are being lenient with the Ravensburger, but not with the second rhythm

Chock and Bates and Weaver and Poje were warned about their music at post competition reviews.

I know with Chock and Bates, it was the second rhythm, but I am not sure what Weaver and Poje were warned about.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Looking forward to seeing H/D .I really like their programmes and I hope they can rise in the rankings this season.:thumbsup:
I know it will be difficult but they have a more mature look on the ice than S/S and H/B .
Are they a couple off ice too?

tulosai

Record Breaker
You'll be there, right? Waiting for your reports :)

I had planned to but unfortunately a professional obligation that I can't get out of has come up :( I still hope to at least be able to watch a stream live for most of it though :shrug:

Barb

Record Breaker
Looking forward to seeing H/D .I really like their programmes and I hope they can rise in the rankings this season.:thumbsup:
I know it will be difficult but they have a more mature look on the ice than S/S and H/B .
Are they a couple off ice too?

Months ago, but now Madison is with Adria Díaz.

blancanieves

On the Ice
With Díaz and Hurtado split, will Díaz perhaps return to Spain.

Probably not. I think the Spanish Federation's coaching team choice is still Montreal. Following the split, Sara wanted to spend some time home in Spain. But she's said that part of the criteria for her new partner tryouts is that the guy is willing to train in Montreal.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two on their beautiful skate in the TEB SP! They are currently in first :cheer: I hope they'll be able to carry this momentum into the free!