Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congrats to these two on an amazing 4CC's SP! They are currently in third, ahead of Chock and Bates :jaw: and they got their PB short program score by over 2 points! I am so happy for them :cheer:

musicfan80

Medalist
Congrats to these two on an amazing 4CC's SP! They are currently in third, ahead of Chock and Bates :jaw: and they got their PB short program score by over 2 points! I am so happy for them :cheer:

I really need to see the SDs of all three USA teams. Between Madison/Zach and the Shibs, this was the best news I could have woken up to this morning! I also wonder what happened to Chock/Bates.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I also wonder what happened to Chock/Bates.
Three level 3s on their Ravensburger sequences and partial step sequence + level 2 for not catching the foot on time (obviously) on the twizzles. I don't know why, though - probably nerves?

wishonastar

On the Ice
Great to see Madison and Zach getting some notice from the judges. Watched the program, and they skated it with confidence, power and grace. But one judge had them in 6' and 7' for PCS. Hope that gets addressed. Someone wanted to hold them down. All others were high 8's and 9's...wish it was public information :) Not sure how it would have affected their score, but with the TEC, those scores don't make sense.

Liz1201

Rinkside
I really like the change to Madison's free dance costume. The wings are still there but either not as pronounced and/or a lighter color. The wings blend in much better which makes their beautiful skating stand out more!

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Very proud of these two and the progress they are making! I think a strong case could be made that they actually should have been third here. Very well done!

bwayrose7

On the Ice
7th place after the SD at Worlds!! Still my fave SD of the season- so lyrical and powerful. I will really miss seeing it. Thoughts on protocols, etc?

musicfan80

Medalist
Well, it seems that they recovered well from initially being introduced as Stepanova and Bukin. :laugh:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this SD! The twizzle sequence and currpentine lift were just awesome sauce. Have they always gotten a level 3 for the partial step sequence in this SD?

Last edited:

blancanieves

On the Ice
Well, it seems that they recovered well from initially being introduced as Stepanova and Bukin. :laugh:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this SD! The twizzle sequence and currpentine lift were just awesome sauce. Have they always gotten a level 3 for the partial step sequence in this SD?

Nope, they got a L4 at Four Continents.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
congrats to their beautiful FD yesterday. They are getting stronger and have such a wonderful presence on the ice, great connection, for me, the best out of the top American ice dance team. And their powerful set of twizzles :love: They looked so thrilled by their scores, it was uplifting to watch esp. after being slightly disappointed with the SD scores.

bwayrose7

On the Ice
What a wonderful season for Madi and Zach- a true breakout year! Their SD was my favorite of the season, without a doubt; it was so emotional and lyrical and highlighted the chemistry that has become their calling card. Disappointed they won't be in today's gala, but cannot wait to see what next season has in store for this lovely pair :luv17:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just love both of their new dances but especially the long program! It is so lush and romantic- the second lift is just perfection with the music too :love:

Really looking forward to seeing what this year might bring for them!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Well done on her FD dress too, gorgeous. I think they are starting off the season on a bang esp. after those less than stellar Russian performances in the test skates. Good to see a team who is ready. I hope they keep on improving throughout the season, then beware at the US Nat.

musicfan80

Medalist
I really wonder (and hope) that they can make a run for 2nd at Nationals and then move up at Worlds. But I wonder if they can this season - is there really any competition for the 3rd spot from below them?