Icenetwork; am I missing something? | Golden Skate

Icenetwork; am I missing something?

backspin

On the Ice
Am I just missing something w/ the new UI? I want to watch the videos of the Regionals competitions that have started. I can't find them anywhere--are they not up yet?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Now I really feel bad....its now the 21st and I cant find them...nor most of the skates from SA.....I gotta being doing something wrong if you all are watching R. Flatt and I cant see her....
Hah! Never mind, they started putting them up today! Yay. :)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
CoyoteChris you may have missed the news (because of your summer adventures :laugh:) that Rachael switched to Central Pacific Region. Results are up for that region - but no videos yet. I don't think IN has nearly enough people working on this stuff because it is all so slow going up and trying to reach anyone by phone is very difficult.

When I checked IN today I did see something that was different! When I hit the "login" button I got a message that my session had expired (from yesterday) and I had to login again. That message about session expiring is new to me.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It used to be that when you closed the browser window with IN in it, it automatically logged you off IN. Now it doesn't. You have to logout from the left hand column of options on the Login page :rolleye:

BTW, when you get that log out/log in message, oftentimes logging out & logging in alone does not work. I had to delete all my temporary internet files of every kind and reboot to get it to let me log in again :rolleye: :rolleye:

All the Skate America sections are now up, including the gala, though. You get to them from Schedule/Results, and then Hilton Skate America in October (More), then (More) again, then go down to the double horizontal lines of videos headed Skate America (Featured videos does not contain all of them).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oh yes :eek: things can always get worse.

The question is, can they get better.

Really, the failure of IN to deliver a decent product to their limited number of subscribers shows me that the people that did the federal governments ACA website aren't the only incompetents in the web business.

Last edited:
Oh yes :eek: things can always get worse.

The question is, can they get better.

Really, the failure of IN to deliver a decent product to their limited number of subscribers shows me that the people that did the federal governments ACA website aren't the only incompetents in the web business.

The problem with websites is that often the only way to reach the people in charge is electronically. They don't have a phone number or an address, so they're not answerable to anyone. A few years ago, a delivery person accidentally left part of another delivery in our apt. lobby. It was food, probably something perishable. I tried to find a way to communicate with the company, and they just had a website, no known address or phone number. And in order to communicate on the website, you had to be a registered customer and log in. Since the customer listed on the box was some distance away and didn't seem to have a land line that I could find....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks, MFarone, OK, I don't feel so bad now....the skates STILL aren't up. Yes, I knew it was the Central Pacific....I am starting to think that the folks that brought us the Obama care website are now doing INW. I tried emailing them but no answer.
I will take this up at the FOFS breakfast in Boston with our Liason person, Wallis R. You would think folks that donated to USFSA would be treated better....I guess no good deed goes unpunished...:)
CoyoteChris you may have missed the news (because of your summer adventures :laugh:) that Rachael switched to Central Pacific Region. Results are up for that region - but no videos yet. I don't think IN has nearly enough people working on this stuff because it is all so slow going up and trying to reach anyone by phone is very difficult.

When I checked IN today I did see something that was different! When I hit the "login" button I got a message that my session had expired (from yesterday) and I had to login again. That message about session expiring is new to me.