Alena Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/12010.html

Alena Leonova miss this start due to injury - during training on OFP she landed badly at working element and sprained ankle ligament . This is the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA- 2014 Mary Vorobevoj informed itself Alena Leonova .

" The first stage of the Grand Prix for me was to be a Skate Canada, but I will miss him - said Alena Leonova . - Last week I got injured - ankle sprain . During exercise on OFP I landed badly and was stretching . Only now starting to ride after a week passes, so we decided not to go to Canada . The next stage of the Grand Prix at me in Japan, and there I will definitely go !

wow, skaters getting injuries are dropping like flies

I guess her quest for Sochi is over before it even began ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
That's unfortunate for her, but hopefully she can recover. I'd like to see her go out on a high note, though it's extremely doubtful that she will make the Olympic team.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow Russia is getting decimated by injuries. However, they still have Julia, Liza and Adelina. Isn't Makarova also out too. If Plushy doesn't skate and Kavaguti and Smirnov out and B and S have an injury too this is not looking too good for Team Russia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow Russia is getting decimated by injuries. However, they still have Julia, Liza and Adelina. Isn't Makarova also out too. If Plushy doesn't skate and Kavaguti and Smirnov out and B and S have an injury too this is not looking too good for Team Russia.

Leonova was a non factor, her cahnces of making Sochi were almost zero
don't get our hopes up for B/S they will be in Ice Star Minsk this coming weekend

don't you have Osmond to worry about with her foot injury ? , your sole heir to Canadian Women's glory and Team Canada, lmao

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Clearly, Joannie will have to come in and save the day :)

that's what I was thinking, Old Rochette is still Canada's best lady after all these years
over inflated Osmond still can't compete with her Flutz and Multiple falls on Non Canadian soil

bramweld

Record Breaker
Wow, newsflash Alena realizes that the short program does not suit her thinking of changing it :laugh: Why doesn't she ever listen to her coach he told her that two seasons ago. This girl has fallen on her head too many times. Has she forgotten last season already:slink: That second spot will be a toss up between Adel and Tuk. Elena isn't eligible right? Because going forward I see Julia and Elena vying for positions 1 and 2 and whichever person can control their nerves best will get the third spot. That's if they can even earn the third spot!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^
Why is it close to nil? I'm curious to know real facts. I saw some clips of her training and she seemed fit. She is a 22 years old athlete competing on an elite level. If not for health issues or injuries, what's her problems? Who has seen her skate a program and/or in a competition lately?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
don't get our hopes up for B/S they will be in Ice Star Minsk this coming weekend

don't you have Osmond to worry about with her foot injury ? , your sole heir to Canadian Women's glory and Team Canada, lmao

That is mean. I really do hope B and S are okay; I don't wish them bad. I don't know what you mean "my" sole heir in reference to Osmond. I don't know the woman or anyone from Team Canada. I do wish her well though. Be nice, Leonova was doing her best to be a contender for Sochi and with the lack of consistency of all the russian ladies had a chance..

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That is mean. I really do hope B and S are okay; I don't wish them bad. I don't know what you mean "my" sole heir in reference to Osmond. I don't know the woman or anyone from Team Canada. I do wish her well though. Be nice, Leonova was doing her best to be a contender for Sochi and with the lack of consistency of all the russian ladies had a chance..

she's not getting any solid 3-3's nor landing clean triples how does that have a chance ? :unsure:
and the injury just nailed her coffin.

sorry I mean the overhyped-inflated Omsond that you so brag about and will crush anyone including the inconsistent russians, :)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
^
Why is it close to nil? I'm curious to know real facts. I saw some clips of her training and she seemed fit. She is a 22 years old athlete competing on an elite level. If not for health issues or injuries, what's her problems? Who has seen her skate a program and/or in a competition lately?

Her highest placement last season was 6th; she was 13th at worlds after placing 2nd the year before. I'm not sure what was going on with her but she picked a terrible year to go downhill. She seemed fit last year but mentally she was MIA. I think her coaching situation was a bit of an issue for her.

I wouldn't say her chances of getting on the team are nil at this point but she's not first, second or even third choice. She'd have to have a great GP season (or rather a great 2nd GP event) and kill it at nationals to get one of those two spots. I think she'll have a very tough time getting past Julia, Liza, Adelina and Elena, even though Elena is too young to go.

KatEll

Rinkside
she's not getting any solid 3-3's nor landing clean triples how does that have a chance ? :unsure:

sorry I mean the overhyped-inflated Omsond that you so brag about and will crush anyone including the inconsistent russians, :)

Haven't you figured it out yet? :rolleye: YOU are the one hyping Osmond most, with every thread you derailed into Osmond bashing. YOU are the one who first mentioned Osmond in this thread. YOU are the one keeping her name up in flashing neon lights. Just as was inferred in the Gold hype thread, in the end nobody is going to remember what was said. Especially from you. But they will certainly remember Osmond's popular name. Too bad, so sad. You are not even getting paid for all that publicity. :laugh:

Let me help. OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND.
No charge, that was free.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Realistically, after her dreadful 2012-2013 season, Leonova would have had to have a kickass GP season with a GPF medal, and then WIN Russian Nationals to have any shot at an Olympic berth. Now that she's out of SC, her chances are slim to none. She was 7th at 2013 Nationals and probably won't do much better next time. I'm afraid that at 22, Alena's time at the top has come and gone.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I don't know what you are talking about "my" sole heir to Canadian Women's glory. Maybe your's? my point is that unfortunately Russia is have a strong of injuries and hopefully they will be able to compete. I was not thinking or talking about Canada, my USA or whatever. It would be nice to see all the best skate.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Ah, I don't like to get personal but I don't like being attacked like most humans. I have never said a lot of good things about Osmond's skating - you must be getting confused or something. I have said I didn't like her dresses and I don't find anything special about her but she is still young and inexperienced. It is as though you don't like her for some reason. She isn't bad and I suppose I agree sometimes her marks are invlated as are many others ie Kostner et al.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I wouldn't say her chances of getting on the team are nil at this point but she's not first, second or even third choice. She'd have to have a great GP season (or rather a great 2nd GP event) and kill it at nationals to get one of those two spots. I think she'll have a very tough time getting past Julia, Liza, Adelina and Elena, even though Elena is too young to go.

Probably true. I still wonder though, if she has shown her programs somewhere. Almost all skaters have been to a competition or some sort of exhibition. I would like to see something from her this season before I say this or that.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I have said I didn't like her dresses and I don't find anything special about her but she is still young and inexperienced. It is as though you don't like her for some reason. She isn't bad and I suppose I agree sometimes her marks are invlated as are many others ie Kostner et al.

Osmond of course she is young and inexperienced while Gracie and co. are up and down and inconsistent ;)

Probably true. I still wonder though, if she has shown her programs somewhere. Almost all skaters have been to a competition or some sort of exhibition. I would like to see something from her this season before I say this or that.

she will skate in Mishin Cup in last of October