Is Skate Canada for Julia Lipnitskaya to win? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Is Skate Canada for Julia Lipnitskaya to win?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao has been URing her jumps, even some of her 2lo. She rarely gets through a program without at least one UR.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
and dint you forgot how Osmond scored a higher PCS than Suzuki at SC, lol

I didn't forget about it because it never happened at SC, lol. :rolleye: Suzuki's PCS was higher than Osmond's in both programs.

In the SP, Osmond - with a perfect skate - got PCS of 27.35, over a point behind behind Suzuki (28.95, who had a shaky spin and downgraded 3-3), Gedevanishvili (29.32), Makarova (28.37 - who bailed her 2A), and Murakami (28.51 - who had issues with her downgraded 3F).

In the FS, Osmond got PCS of 59.61, and Suzuki got PCS of 59.82. Suzuki, yet again, got higher PCS than Osmond.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I would say at this point it is looking like she should win if she simply delivers her usual performance.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
She'll win. Impressing skate at Finlandia, nevertheless looking disappointed with her score :laugh: I'm sure fighter Julia has done everything she can to improve before Skate Canada.

Akiko for gold, please....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She'll win. Impressing skate at Finlandia, nevertheless looking disappointed with her score :laugh: I'm sure fighter Julia has done everything she can to improve before Skate Canada.

Akiko for gold, please....

she is in SC not SA, a step out in 3Lz-3T and her jumps can be improved

Moment

Final Flight
Perhaps but there were plenty of skaters who were overscored on GOE, particularly Mao on her 2-footed 3A getting +GOE overall, and Kostner getting -2's on her combo fall. Kaetlyn's 3F was really good... maybe not +3, but a +1/+2 was certainly not out of line (and clearly the computer happened to use more of the +2's than the +1's leading to +1.4 GOE). Her 3-3 was also well-executed. Her spins also received a lot of 0's (which were suitable, I'd say) instead of a lot of +1's/+2's, so I don't think the judges were being particularly generous to her in the GOE department.

The whole top six except Kim and Wagner at the 2013 Worlds SP were overscored one way and/or another. The panel should at least try to judge skaters with as equal standards as possible. That was not the case with the particular event.

Kaetlyn's 3F was not of ~equal quality as Carolina's 3Lo at the same event. Umm Yuna Kim received the same GOE for her 3Lutz+3toeloop as well. How can the judging panel justify that? The same thing goes to KO's 3T+3T combo.

Her StSq was overscored as well. Yuna Kim hit every note of the music with her skating movements (play the clip to ensure that, I can make an analysis any time) and displayed vastly superior blade control yet she received about the same (actually lower) bonus points for her StSq. If Kim's footwork is +1.10 Osmond's is no more than +0.50. Even this is being generous.