Kaetlyn Osmond Will Compete at SC Despite Foot Injury | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond Will Compete at SC Despite Foot Injury

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Re the thread title: "Kaetlyn Osmond's Foot Injury May Cause Her to Miss SC"

The IN article does not really say that the injury may cause Osmond to miss SC.

The article discusses her injury, and says Osmond "will not be 100 percent when she competes at Skate Canada next week." Not "if," but "when."

Another quote from IN: " When asked if she considered withdrawing from Skate Canada, she said, 'We were contemplating it.' " Not "are contemplating," but "were."

The subtitle of the article is: "Reigning Skate Canada champion tempers expectations, for now."
And I think that is the point of the article -- to lower expectations in terms of her scores and placement at Skate Canada.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, that's what the article says. However, if this were the US, I could guarantee you that they want to sell tickets based on American stars right up to the last minute...when the star withdraws because the previously announced injury has proven too much for them to compete.

Perhaps SC does not pull the same crap, but we shall see.

emdee

Final Flight
Yes, that's what the article says. However, if this were the US, I could guarantee you that they want to sell tickets based on American stars right up to the last minute...when the star withdraws because the previously announced injury has proven too much for them to compete.

Perhaps SC does not pull the same crap, but we shall see.

Well this is not the US and Skate Canada can be clueless!

xzchief

Rinkside
The subtitle of the article is: "Reigning Skate Canada champion tempers expectations, for now."
And I think that is the point of the article -- to lower expectations in terms of her scores and placement at Skate Canada.

It may be the intention but forget that idea. If she's hurt, she shouldn't skate. If she skates, she's not hurt. No excuses.

emdee

Final Flight
She says on her facebook that she continues to heal and has been doing all her triples.
An athlete and her coach know her limitations so if she will do what is best for herself knowing whats on the line down the road.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate, Paul Lambe! Post long & often, and thank you for bringing us this very welcome news!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hi,

Kaetlyn will be at Skate Canada International this weekend.

Her injury stills gives her pain but she is working through it.

Paul Lambe
https://www.facebook.com/KaetlynOsmondCFS

Paul, thank you for confirming that Kaetlyn will compete at Skate Canada International. :bow: Best of luck to her there and all season long.

Hope that you will keep coming back to GS and will share future news regarding Kaetlyn's road to #Sochi2014 and beyond.

Sackie

Medalist
Just hope she is not rushing into this because it is SC and she wants to skate at home again and she is the defending champ.
If she is not ready and does poorly it can ruin her chances for the rest of the season. And on the other hand if she is not ready and pushes herself to hard she may cause more injury.

KatEll

Rinkside
There are good arguments for her to compete, or not compete. Since I am not aware of her exact situation, I will trust Ravi will know what is best for Kaetlyn.

emdee

Final Flight
Not for us to second guess her. She knows her own body and her own injury....

lcd

Match Penalty
While I can understand the pressure to compete at her home country Grand Prix, I hope she is recovered enough not to make her injury worse. Seriously, the most important part of her season is not in October, but January and February. Hoping she and her team are making the "right" decision for her, bigger picture, longer term.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I actually quite like what I've seen from her practice! I think I might change my prediction :)