Men Skate America 2013 Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men Skate America 2013 Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpusa2013/gpusa2013_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

Tatsuki: +2 on 4T-3T, 1.71 on 3A, level 4 on all but one.
Jason: All level 4 (and from Amano no less!!!) elements, and lots of GOE except for 3f-3t combo. All but two elements with GOE of 1.00 or higher.
Adam: 4Lz was UR (ended up getting 6.93 vs. Jason's 8.2 for his tano 3Z), all level 4 but one. -GOE on 3A. Step sequence only element with +1.00 GOE
Takahiko: Lots of -GOE on 3T and 3Z (no combo), +GOE on 3A
Daisuke: < on 4T and negative GOE on all jumping elements.
Max: Lost a lot of points on levels (spins level 1 and 2)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will be interesting to see if Machida may become this season's Denis Ten.

To be honest thought Machida made the GPF last season while Denis really hadn't done much of anything since finishing 8th at Worlds in 2009 as a 15 year old.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
A short summary of my thoughts in emoticons:

1. After seeing that the competition had happened a few hours earlier than I thought :mad:
2. After seeing someone's comment that their fantasy skating team didn't do so well :think:
3. Seeing that Tatsuki Machida is in 1st and Daisuke Takahashi in 5th :confused:
4. Jason Brown is in 2nd :clap:

Icey

Record Breaker
Will Max make the Olympic team if he continues to skate like this? His skating skills, even in this small group, is near the bottom. He can't lose his money maker, the jumps.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist

Is it just me, or did the ISU just really try to boost the Quads for the Olympics? Like saying "Go for it guys, we'll be really nice with you :) "
We don't have the super slow-mo for the jumps, but with the regular slow-mo, there was NO WAY for me that Takahashi and Rippon only got a single downgrade for their quads. To me, there was def 1/2 a turn missing, so it should have been a <<.
I love Kozuka (and the music!) but his Quad looked like it should have gotten a <. Plus, it was two-footed. Max Aaron's Quad Salchow was huge in comparison, and he ended up getting 2 points less for it (incl. the point for the fall)

Oh, well...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown is just incredible! He really has that "IT" factor that forces you to watch and keep your focus on the spell he creates on the ice. He really puts on an entertaining show! I really like how he has matured on the ice. Wonderful! :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
4. Jason Brown is in 2nd :clap:

At the SP of his first JGP last year, Jason scored 59.33, didn't have the 3A and lost to a 14-year-old Chinese upstart and long-time Japanese junior skater he had beaten previously.

Today he got +1.14 on his 3A, score 25 points higher in the SP and beat two of the three top Japanese skaters.

Oh what a difference a year makes...

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
And another thing-I am VERY glad that I did not post my predictions in the game (Takahashi, Aaron, Kozuka, Brown, Machida...)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And another thing-I am VERY glad that I did not post my predictions in the game (Takahashi, Aaron, Kozuka, Brown, Machida...)

I had Machida in 3rd. I learned from last year...but clearly I had some more learning to do...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Will Max make the Olympic team if he continues to skate like this? His skating skills, even in this small group, is near the bottom. He can't lose his money maker, the jumps.

I don't think he should! His quads are just not there these days.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my lord. I'm having a silent freakout in the breakroom at work. Jason could have only dreamed of this! :love:

Devastated for Artur. That fall yesterday must really have shaken him up. Surprised that Max caved to the pressure, but expect him to pull back.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

It's only the SP. Max can come back in the FS. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Jason in the end if he gets that high BV.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That's a nasty comment and shows no respect for what he's accomplished or overcome with his knee surgery or the many beautiful, artistic, clever programs he's done.

Don't reply to this poster. He/She usually posts zingers about other skaters as well.

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't think he should! His quads are just not there these days.

But Nationals is not in "these days". A few months may make a huge difference. Or not. I just wonder that people forget how up-and-down skaters can be...