Men Skate America 2013 Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men Skate America 2013 Short Program

enlight78

Medalist
I really enjoyed Adam, Jason, and Machida. Machida, my favorite , blew me away, Adam and Jason seem so much stronger then they have been, Sad about Daisuke, hope the long goes well, Icenetwork, two thumbs down-

waxel

Final Flight
Anyone else have horrific sound issues on IN? I didn't get ANY sound at all on either Max or Adam, then when it did come on it was nothing but muffled echos. So I'd have to say it's as if the Men's SP didn't even happen. Huge disappointment.

About the TES box. Mixed feelings. On one hand it was interesting to see the points rack up, on the other it's also a distraction.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Anyone else have horrific sound issues on IN? I didn't get ANY sound at all on either Max or Adam, then when it did come on it was nothing but muffled echos. So I'd have to say it's as if the Men's SP didn't even happen. Huge disappointment.

About the TES box. Mixed feelings. On one hand it was interesting to see the points rack up, on the other it's also a distraction.

Yes, it sucked. No sound for first two men, then not bad, then video freeze problems in short dance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Men's figure skating is pretty easy to judge after all. Land the only clean quad, first place. Skate the only clean program without a quad, second place. Screw up, third through eighth.

Pretty much sums it up. LOL

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I lurve Daisuke and am really bummed about this performance. Hopefully he will improve in the FS.
Props to Jason Brown for having the Prince symbol on the back of his shirt. I'm a newish member of his fan club, and am looking forward to this season.
Very happy to see Adam have a fairly good SP! Can't wait to see his FS.

staska

Spectator
amazing Jason, congrats, America. :) he's like a mercury on ice, his motions are so flexible and ceaseless in the same time, it was a great pleasure to watch. / oh, also he and his trainer in C&K is the cutest thing ever.) /
and Adam is improving his skills, very emotional and stronger, steadier than before. Good job for him and team Raf, Ashley was very good in JO, can't wait to see her again.

what about my sweet japanese team: Machida is very good and comparing with last year he's jumped on the next level (higher in components, in matureness and also quad!). but still, he was good on the start and the main question, has he enough strengh for the whole season? that's why i think it's not the time to start crying about Daisuke. just remember GPF.

Kozuka's situation is the saddest thing, i still think his performance is one of the best and wish him all luck in the world in FS.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Fell asleep during second group warm up and now it looks like it was the right thing to do. Kozuka...Dai... :slink:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oh my, my predictions are not even close, LOL. On FSUniverse I participated in the game and predicted a Japanese sweep... Maybe Kozuka and Takahashi will skate better in the freeskate. Feeling really sad for Gachinski, what is wrong with his confidence? Machida was wonderful!!!

flaneur

On the Ice
I have to say I really see the improvement in Adam Rippon under Rafael Arutunian's tutelage. His skating skills have improved tremendously from what they were and he is much more of a showman and a fighter out there on the ice. He has become more extroverted and more watchable, IMO. A very impressive showing in the SP! YAY ADAM!!! :biggrin:

I agree. The presentation was much more confident and he didn't stalk the 3A like he's done in the past. Also, I'm not sure if it is just his costuming but does he looks more solid and muscular?

obalamus

Rinkside
Jason is Jason. Nutcracker, Nessun Dorma, Flow Like Water, Liebestraume... He is just 18, but he has skated so many excellent programms. Really, I don't think about his points, I'm enjoing his skating.

Compare his artistry to Ivan Bariev: To me, he's a more thrilling character to watch. I couldn't find his awesome Russian 2012 Nationals FS on youtube, but here is a nice one, have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFcqbEaso
For you reference: Ivan changed both family name and federation, so Ivan Rigini (not sure of correct spelling) will compete for Italy.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
My favorite was Adam! He was amazing! I like Machida, too, but his music isn't too exciting, thus the program is also a little bit bored me. And Jason!! I love him, but sometimes his movements are too feminine, when he skates. But it's a personal taste. I adore his LP, so go Jason! Poor Dai, Taka and Gachi.:( I hope they will skate better in LP.
( Machida's costume is terrible, it seems so cheap. )

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I agree. The presentation was much more confident and he didn't stalk the 3A like he's done in the past. Also, I'm not sure if it is just his costuming but does he looks more solid and muscular?
He is: as he said during the TSL interview, he has worked a lot on this! And I agree, his presentation is really mature and elegant now, I think that the PCS could have been even a bit higher...

It's heartbreaking to hear about Daisuke. If they show him tomorrow on TV, I don't know how I can watch. At least this is Skate America and not Japanese Nationals or the Olympics, but it's bad enough. Does anyone know if he has an injury?

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
For you reference: Ivan changed both family name and federation, so Ivan Rigini (not sure of correct spelling) will compete for Italy.
Oh boy!
Thanks for the info, I had no idea... I knew he had both Russian and Italian nationalities, but not that he was considering switching. Any info on whether he's already eligible to get the italian spot that Parkinson won at Nebelhorn Trophy? Or is he still in the 1-year-without-competing period?